Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Lavender
Last updated date: January 28, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Organic Hand Lotions For Dry Skin and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Organic Hand Lotion For Dry Skin you should buy.
Keeping your hands nice and soft doesn't have to break the bank. Thanks to the Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Lavender's affordable pricing, you can hydrate your skin and keep your hands from cracking in dry weather. In fact, the formula utilizes lavender essential oil, vitamin E and aloe for a long-lasting effect. In our analysis of 36 expert reviews, the Avalon Organics Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Lavender placed 4th when we looked at the top 5 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Organic Hand Lotion For Dry Skin for a detailed review of all the top organic hand lotions for dry skin.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Deeply nourish and moisturize extra dry skin with Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Hand & Body Lotion. Made with organic botanicals and essential oils, this plant-based formula replenishes and rebalances skin for long lasting hydration. Lavender essential oil, aloe, plant lipids and nutrient-rich beta-glucan work together to restore the skin's lipid balance, leaving it feeling soft and supple. This certified organic lotion is made with non-GMO ingredients and no parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors or fragrances, phthalates or sulfates. It is also vegan and not tested on animals. Includes one 12 oz. bottle of Avalon Organics Nourishing Lavender Hand & Body Lotion.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Organic Hand Lotions For Dry Skin
You use your hands continuously throughout the day, so leaving dry cracked skin untreated on your hands can be quite painful. Fortunately, using a hand lotion regularly can keep your limbs hydrated and healthy.
Organic hand lotions are ideal, as they are free from parabens and polysorbates. Individuals who suffer from sensitive skin will also want to look for a lotion that is listed as hypoallergenic. The Puracy Organic Hand & Body Lotion is one such brand. It was created by doctors to be free of fragrances and other known irritants. It can be used on individuals of all skin types.
If you have children in the home who also suffer from dry skin, look for a formula that is dermatologist recommended and listed as gentle and safe for use on kids. You’ll find the Tree to Tub Organic Dry Skin Body Lotion, Lavender is a good choice for all members of the family.
Carefully review all of the ingredients in the organic hand lotion for dry skin. There are certain elements that you want to keep an eye out for, such as aloe, vitamin E and lavender essential oil. The Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Lavender includes these, as well as a host of other botanicals and essential oils that provide health to your skin.
Some individuals experience dry skin on more than just their hands. In that case, you’ll want to look for a lotion, like the Everyone Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Coconut & Lemon, that is also made for use on the body and face.
DWYM Fun Fact
Many organic hand lotions formulated for dry skin contain similar ingredients. Below is a list of some of those ingredients and their known health benefits.
- Vitamin E: This essential vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that helps repair cells damaged by free radicals. It also promotes collagen growth to increase the elasticity of the skin and is an effective moisturizer.
- Shea Butter: Shea butter is rich in vitamins A and E. It has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe conditions like eczema, and it not only hydrates the skin but also provides a protective layer that stops UV rays from causing damage.
- Lavender Essential Oil: While this oil emits a pleasant fragrance that has a calming effect, it’s added to hand lotions because it has the ability to aid in the healing of cuts and bruises. It can also soothe irritated skin that may be dry and cracked.
The Organic Hand Lotion For Dry Skin Buying Guide
- If you choose to apply the organic hand lotion to your face also, it is important that you avoid getting the lotion in your eyes. If you do, flush out your eyes with water right away and contact Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222.
- Always test a small area of your skin for allergic reactions. Just because a product is organic, doesn’t mean you can’t be sensitive to one of its ingredients.
- It’s good practice to reapply hand lotion every time your hands get wet. This is true whether you are washing your hands after using the restroom, washing dishes in the sink or giving your small child a bath. Water hydrates your body on the inside but dries it out on the outside. The lotion will restore the loss of moisture to your skin.
- In order to give a fair comparison of the price of each organic hand lotion, you’ll need to divide the price by the number of ounces. You can then compare the price per ounce. The Everyone Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Coconut & Lemon and the Avalon Organics Hand & Body Lotion, Lavender are among the most affordable, while the Puracy Organic Hand & Body Lotion, Fragrance Free and the Tree to Tub Organic Dry Skin Body Lotion, Lavender command a much higher price.