AUVON Rechargeable Pain Relief Tens Unit
Last updated date: December 31, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Tens Units and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Tens Unit you should buy.
Update as February 9, 2022:
Checkout Connect Your Mind And Body With The Best TENS Unit for a detailed review of all the top tens units.
You'll find 20 presets on this TENS unit, making it a great choice for anyone new to the device. Each of the included pads are self-stick and can be used up to 45 times. The unit is also equipped with several different intensity settings, so you can start out with the gentle option and work your way up to a setting the provides the relief you seek.
In our analysis of 72 expert reviews, the AUVON Rechargeable Pain Relief Tens Unit placed 1st when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pain Relief Machine. The rechargeable electric muscle massager can stimulate the sensory nerves and muscles, activate specific natural pain gate mechanism, relax your body and have pain management anytime you feel the need. Up to 20 Modes. Pre-set modes offer you hammering, kneading, shiatsu and more choices to help relieve pain associated with aching and fatigue muscles in the shoulder, low back, knee from exercise, normal household or work activities. Independent Mode Control. You can set separate modes and intensities for channel A and channel B. For example, you could choose Acupuncture mode in channel A with an intensity level of 5 for your shoulder. While in channel B, the Tapping mode is being run with the intensity set to level 12 on your lower back as a back electric stimulator. Industry-Leading TENS Pads. The included electrode pads can provide excellent self-stick performance for up to 45 uses. The shaped 2″ TENS electrodes are recommended for more compact pain areas like the knees or elbows. Meanwhile, the bigger 2″x4″ reusable patches are perfect for larger areas such as the back for TENS pain relief. What You Receive: 1 x Dual Channel TENS Machine, 4 x 2″ Square Electrode Pads, 4 x Large Rectangle 2″x4″ Pads, 2 x Lead Wires, 1 x USB cable, 1 x USB Charger,1 x User Manual, 1 x Pad Holder, 1 x Pouch, our 12-month warranty and friendly customer service. (4pcs 2×2 pads are in a pack while 2pcs 2×4 pads are in a pack. Please open the sealed bag firstly and unfold each pads pack before counting the pads quantity.)
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Tens Units
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) uses a battery-powered device to deliver quick electrical impulses to your nerves, muscles or joints. You’ll get pads that stick to the body, which connect to electrodes that connect to a small device. Often this device has a screen, along with buttons or knobs, and the screen allows you to scroll through multiple settings to get the exact type of treatment you need.
A TENS device can sometimes be confused with an electronic muscle stimulator (EMS), which is designed to deliver relief to muscles. Before you pick out a TENS device, determine the specific type of pain you need to relieve. If you have nerve issues, there are TENS devices that focus on that, while still others are better for taking care of joint pain.
Ideally, you’ll check with a medical professional before beginning treatment using a TENS device. This is the case with anything you do that can directly impact your health. If your doctor currently has you under supervision, you should steer clear of TENS devices unless you’ve cleared it first. Although TENS devices are now widely available over the counter, a physician can guide you toward the best model for your unique needs.
There are a variety of conditions TENS devices are reported to help with, and the benefits are usually specific to relieving pain. Consumers use TENS devices for issues like arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, back and shoulder injuries and tennis elbow, among many others. Joint pain affecting areas like the knee, arm and wrist can also be helped by TENS devices, although you’ll need to look for one that has pads that will easily stick to those areas.
The best TENS devices give you multiple mode options. These generally represent preprogrammed massage types, with some adjusting based on the body part you’re treating. Although it can be tempting to choose the device that has the most options, with some units, you’ll find that one mode doesn’t differ all that much from another.
Another adjustable setting on TENS devices is the strength behind the treatment you’re getting. If you need intense pain relief, you may be in the mood to put it on its highest setting. But primarily this adjustability comes in handy because intensity preferences can vary dramatically from one person to another.
The Tens Unit Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at when shopping for a TENS device is how many electrodes it provides. A device with eight electrodes will be able to hit more areas than one that only has four. If you’re treating a large area like your entire lower back, consider that it will take multiple electrodes to cover the space and buy accordingly.
- Also study the various settings offered. Go beyond looking at the sheer number of massage modes and focus on the options. You’ll find some devices have options like kneading, cupping, deep massage and acupuncture, for instance, and some will even let you go into a mode that combines multiple massage types to keep things interesting.
- Different TENS devices are better for specific body parts. If you’re suffering from back pain, you’ll probably opt for a different massager than one that helps with tennis elbow. Look around and make sure you find the one that’s best for your specific type of pain.
- The electrodes attach to your body using sticky pads, and those pads will eventually have to be replaced. Consider how many pads come in the package with your purchase and also research how easy it is to order replacement pads when those wear out. Some TENS devices use pads that can stick for only a time or two before you need to toss them, while others have pads that you can use for weeks or even months.
- Pad size is also a consideration. Some TENS devices give you the option of small, medium or large pads, and those devices are more versatile. If you plan to only use your device in one spot, this may never be an issue, but there might be a day when you need pain relief in a different area and having a one-size pad will become an inconvenience.
- Your TENS device comes with a screen, and that screen plays a very important role in your user experience. Look for a screen that’s easy to read and also backlit, if you feel you’ll be looking at it in dim lighting. You’ll also have buttons or dials to walk you through the options. Check that those are easy to manipulate.
- When you think of portability in a device, usually you’re just thinking about how easy it will be to tuck into a bag. But portability in a TENS device can come in handy in a variety of ways. In addition to being able to comfortably clip it to your clothing to wear around the house, you can also tuck a smaller device into a pocket and use it while you’re at work, sitting in a business meeting or enjoying dinner in a restaurant with your family.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide