AUDEW 12V Portable Air Compressor Pump, 150 PSI
Last updated date: November 1, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Portable Air Pumps and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Portable Air Pump you should buy.
In our analysis of 152 expert reviews, the AUDEW AUDEW 12V Portable Air Compressor Pump, 150 PSI placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 18, 2019:
Checkout The Best Portable Air Pump for a detailed review of all the top portable air pumps.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
a Powerful and Portable Air Compressor ✔ Easy and quick to inflate car tires and other inflatables. ✔ Preset your desired tire pressure, it will automatically shut off when the proper tire pressure is reached. ✔ LCD digital display makes reading tire pressure easy with just a glance. ✔ Wide range of uses, comes with accessories for car, bicycle, motorcycle, basketball, inflatable toys. ✔ Equipped with bright and long-lasting LED lights, easy to use at night. ✔ 4 tire pressure units available: PSI, KPA, BAR, kg/cm² . ✔ Max Inflatable Pressure 150PSI. a a a Multi-purpose Tool Can be used as... 1. Tire inflator - no longer have to look for gas station and you can fill tires whenever you want! 2. Tire pressure gauge - check the tire pressure at any time. 3.Emergency light - so you can see clearly while you're inflating your tire or making quick repairs at night. Fast Inflating With stronger motor and larger cylinder, it can inflate a flat tires in approximately 2 minutes or less. Its powerful tire pump delivers air at impressive rate of 35 L/min, much more powerful and faster than traditional pump! Wide Range Of Uses Equipped with 3 nozzles adaptors for car tires, motorcycle tires, bike tires, air mattresses, airboat, toys, sports balls and other inflatables. a a a Built-in LED Light Equipped with bright and long-lasting LED light, which is convenient to use at night. Hassle-free Storage Hassle-free Storage: Clever storage compartment for the flexible air hose and cigarette lighter adapter. Heat Emission Hole: Uniform distribution of heat dissipation holes for fast heat dissipation and safe use. LCD Digital Display LCD digital display makes reading tire pressure easy with just a glance. 4 tire pressure units are available: PSI, KPA, BAR, kg/cm² a a a Portable & Handy With super compact design and size of one hand, easily put it in trunk and and only requires little space! 10ft Long Power Cord With 10ft long power cord, this air pump allows to reach all tires of your car, bike, motorcycle, compact or midsize SUV How To Use Start the car. Insert the plug into car cigarette lighter socket. Insert the inflation port into the tire valve core and press the buckle. Preset your desired PSI. Turn the switch ON. Automatically shut off when the proper tire pressure is reached. Portable Air Compressor Pump, Auto Digital Tire Inflator Dual Cylinders Air Compressor Pump, Portable Air Pump Portable Air Compressor Pump, 12V DC Tire Inflator Dual Cylinder Air Pump, Portable Air Compressor 12V DC Tire Inflator, Portable Mini Air Compressor Pump Dual-cylinder Foot Pump, Portable Floor Pump Max Pressure 150 PSI 150 PSI 150 PSI 150 PSI 100 PSI 160 PSI Auto Shutoff ✓ Dual Cylinders ✓ ✓ ✓ LED Light ✓ ✓ ✓ Nozzle Adaptors ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ Application cars, SUV, bikes, motorcycles, sports ball, air mattress, air boat and other inflatables cars, SUV, bikes, motorcycles, sports ball, air mattress, air boat and other inflatables cars, SUV, bikes, motorcycles, sports ball, air mattress, air boat and other inflatables cars, SUV, bikes, motorcycles, sports ball, air mattress, air boat and other inflatables cars, bikes, motorcycles, sports ball, air mattress, air boat and other inflatables cars, SUV, bikes, motorcycles, sports ball, air mattress, air boat and other inflatables
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Portable Air Pumps
A flat tire never happens at a convenient time. Whether you’re on the road or your car is parked, changing a flat tire can be a pain, even if you have a handy spare in the trunk. That’s where a portable air pump comes in. An air compressor can fill your tire to help you get from where you are to a tire repair shop without having to try to switch out a spare.
But the best place to keep your air pump is in the trunk of your car, which means portability is essential. With a portable air pump, you aren’t limited to storing it in your garage. Just pop your trunk and you’re ready to go. Look for an air pump that’s small and lightweight enough that it won’t be in your way when you’re transporting groceries, luggage and other essentials.
Expert Vicki Liston is writer, producer and narrator of “On the Fly…DIY,” an award-winning home improvement and DIY show. She’s personally seen the value of a portable air pump, which has helped her out with a flat tire or two. She’s also found that some air pumps can even come in handy for those around-the-house emergencies.
“Ensure you have a set of various nozzle adaptors and the possibilities are almost endless,” Liston says. “Unexpected house guests? That air mattress will fill up quickly and you are ready to entertain in no time. Do the kids need the wading pool and all 24 of their inflatable toys blown up? No problem and you can enjoy the rest of the afternoon out in the sun and watching them play. Have a dust-laden item you need to clean? Use your pump like a mini blow gun and be done in a few seconds. Arrive early to a birthday party only to find the parents dizzy, out of breath, and still blowing up that 100-count pack of balloons? Yes, your portable air pump will prove that not all heroes wear capes.”
Ease of use is another important feature to look for in an air pump. Many models feature auto-shutoff, which means you simply input the desired PSI — which refers to the pounds of air per square inch — and the unit stops pumping once you’ve reached it. Most auto manufacturers recommend a PSI of between 32 and 35 when the weather is cold, but check the sticker inside your drivers-side door to get information specific to your own vehicle.
DYWM Fun Fact
The days of flat tires may be numbered, thanks to a partnership between Michelin and GM. The companies are working on a tire called Uptis, which eliminates its reliance on air to keep its shape. The key to Uptis’s shape is a series of flexible spokes. That doesn’t mean you’ll never have to head to the repair shop with your tire, though, since you’ll still have to worry about tread wear and internal damage. Air has long been the preferred method for tire interiors due in large part to the fact that it keeps the tire lightweight. But the spokes on Uptis tires absorb shock to provide a smoother ride than drivers experience with air-filled tires.
The Portable Air Pump Buying Guide
- One of the handiest features on today’s air compressors is auto shutoff. Instead of monitoring it as it inflates your tire, you just input the amount of air you need and it automatically stops once it gets there. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor and VacLife 12V DC Air Compressor Tire Inflator, 150 PSI both use automatic shutoff. Although FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI has auto shutoff, it’s important to note that the PSI tends to read high, which means it may shut off before it’s reached your desired inflation level. With any air pump, though, you should monitor it until it’s finished and make sure it shuts off when it should.
- You’ll find while you’re shopping that many air pumps are built to operate from your car’s cigarette lighter, which is a 12-volt socket. The Kensun Portable Air Compressor Pump, 12V will connect both to your car socket and a wall plug, making it something you can use in your garage. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor, FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI and VacLife 12V DC Air Compressor Tire Inflator, 150 PSI will work only with your car’s 12-volt plug.
“I recommend purchasing a unit that has two power plug options – a 12V car socket and an AC wall plug,” Liston says. “This will allow you to power the unit whether you are stuck on the side of the road or working out of your garage.”
- Liston also recommends a power cord that’s at least 10 feet long to give you the reach you need. With the VacLife 12V DC Air Compressor Tire Inflator, 150 PSI, you get a power cord length of 11.5 feet. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor and FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI come close, at just over nine feet. If you opt for an air pump with shorter reach, you’ll need to keep an extension cord with your air pump so you’ll have the cord length you’ll need in an emergency.
- The power of your air pump will determine how long it takes to fill up your tires. The Kensun Portable Air Compressor Pump, 12V puts out 11 liters per minute thanks to a 120-watt motor. With the FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI, you’ll only get eight minutes of use before needing to let it cool down.
- The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor has a safety measure in the form of an overheat protection system. If the device reaches 1670 degrees Fahrenheit, the unit will shut down to protect it.
- Some air pumps come with special nozzles that increase the variety of items you can inflate. The nozzles that come with the EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor, Kensun Portable Air Compressor Pump, 12V, FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI and VacLife 12V DC Air Compressor Tire Inflator, 150 PSI allow you to inflate various vehicle tires as well as basketballs and swimming pool toys.
- Chances are, you plan to keep your air pump in the trunk of your car, making portability essential. The FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI is both compact and lightweight, at only 8 x 6.5 x 3.3 inches and 1.9 pounds. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor and VacLife 12V DC Air Compressor Tire Inflator, 150 PSI are also lightweight, portable options at just around three pounds. The Kensun Portable Air Compressor Pump, 12V is better for garage storage, at five pounds and 11.8 x 4.3 x 6.7 inches.
- Emergencies typically don’t happen when it’s most convenient. If you find yourself stranded with a flat tire late at night on the interstate, a light will come in handy. The EPAuto 12V DC Portable Air Compressor, Kensun Portable Air Compressor Pump, 12V, FORTEM Portable Air Compressor, 150 PSI and VacLife 12V DC Air Compressor Tire Inflator, 150 PSI all have built-in LED lights so that you can see what you’re doing no matter how dark it is.