AUAG 950-Watt Immersion Sous Vide For The Home Cook
Last updated date: May 27, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sous Vides For The Home Cook and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sous Vide For The Home Cook you should buy.
If you've never used a sous vide for the home cook before, you'll appreciate this model's 30 preset recipes. In addition to being easy to use, this sous vide has an accuracy of 0.1 degrees and a temperature range of 77 to 211.8 degrees Fahrenheit. Whether you're preparing meats or vegetables, it will cook perfectly every time. In our analysis of 69 expert reviews, the AUAG AUAG 950-Watt Immersion Sous Vide placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best Sous Vide For The Home Cook for a detailed review of all the top sous vides for the home cook.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
BE A PRO COOK] Eat tastier, healthier and better texture food with AuAg Sous vide cooker. Cooking food the Sous Vide way prevents it from dehydrating or losing its form, meanwhile, the AuAg Immersion Circulator retains the original food flavor, less salt or seasoning is needed, slow heating preserves more vitamins and minerals are retained. Healthy Pro Chef cooking made easy PERFECT DONENESS] Precision temperature control with an accuracy of 0.1 degrees and a wide range of 77°F-211.8°F, Digital timer programmable up to 99h99mins, take absolute control over cooking and say goodbye to dry edges and rare centers, best performance with 2-3 gallons of water and stay within min and max water levels 30 SMART PRESETS] New to sous vide cooking or just want to try out 30 chefs tested pre-programmed settings. Simply select preset menu and turn to adjust knob clock or counterclockwise to scroll through 30 presets ranging from meats, seafood to veggies, prepare your food in a vacuum seal bag set the program and let it run its course [MAXIMUM SAFETY] Prevents dry heating when water is below/above min/max water line, with sincere consideration for water and plugged appliance a safety breaker was added to ensure safety, rated at 950W this immersion circulator is fast and the safest sous vide cooker. WARRANTY] With absolute confidence AuAg offers 6 months of replacement policy with 3 years product warranty. Rapid 24-hour service and customer satisfaction guaranteed!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sous Vides For The Home Cook
Sous vide machines are no longer exclusively used by professional chefs in fancy restaurants. Home cooks looking for a new way to add flavor to their favorite meals can now use the sous vide as well. In fact, individuals who are just beginning their culinary journey will appreciate that foods prepared using this method are impossible to overcook, which means your dish will never be dried out and tasteless!
There are several different sous vide for the home cook models on the market. It is important that you examine their features in order to choose a machine that can meet your specific needs.
Start out by inspecting the construction of the sous vide machine. Some are made using durable stainless steel with a rubber coating over their handles, while others feature a high-quality plastic. If the unit is made out of plastic, just make sure it is listed as BPA-free. Size may also be important if you reside in a smaller living space. Should this be the case, look for a slim model that fits neatly in a kitchen drawer.
Check the sous vide for the home cook’s pump system next. Some rely on convection currents, while models like the Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide For The Home Cook have their own active pump system to circulate the water and keep it heated evenly. This eliminates any hot or cold spots that may prevent your food from being the same temperature throughout.
Review the power of the sous vide for the home cook next. Units with just 750 watts of power are fine for smaller pots, however, if you have a big family and you need to heat a large pot of water, you’ll need a more powerful motor. The Breville Joule 1100-Watt Sous Vide For The Home Cook comes with a 1100-watt motor that is able to heat up your water much faster.
Determine how the sous vide machine operates. For example, the unit may have an LED touchscreen that allows you to set the temperature and timer or it may come with a downloadable app. The app would require you to have access to Wi-Fi or Bluetooth. The Anova Culinary 750-Watt Culinary Nano Sous Vide is unique, in that, it is actually equipped for both methods of operation.
Look for any bells and whistles that the sous vide for the home cook may have to offer. The AUAG 950-Watt Immersion Sous Vide goes above and beyond with its 30 smart recipe preset buttons and precision temperature controls. In fact, the unit has an accuracy of .01 degrees. Users can set it anywhere from 77 to 211.8 degrees Fahrenheit and program it to cook for up to 99 hours and 99 minutes.
DWYM Fun Fact
It may surprise you to learn that the sous vide wasn’t originally designed for use with food. It was created for heating water baths in a laboratory to incubate live cultures and testing materials for scientific experiments.
Once foods began to be vacuum sealed in the 1960s, the sous vide was utilized to seal and pasteurize the food. Before the sous vide made its way into your home, it was used in restaurants for its ability to make foods more flavorful. In fact, chef Georges Pralus discovered that pouched foods cooked in plastic lost the least amount of fat. This was an important revelation as fat equals flavor.
You may be wondering how the sous vide works. The words “sous vide” are actually French for “under vacuum.” Just as the name implies, the sous vide actually cooks vacuum-sealed foods slowly in a water bath. This method traps in the moisture by cooking the inside and outside of the food at the same rate, so your food ends up tasting more flavorful.
Another perk to using the sous vide is that it doesn’t shrink foods as they cook. Other high temperature cooking methods can cause meats and other foods to shrink during the cooking process. Sticking with a lower temperature over a longer period of time doesn’t break down the food’s fibers, so the food remains its original shape and size.
The Sous Vide For The Home Cook Buying Guide
- Reviewers report that some sous vide for the home cook models can take a while to heat a large pot of water. They also report that certain models have temperature controls that can be spotty.
- Always check the sous vide’s attached clamp to ensure the pot you want to use meets the minimum height for it to attach properly.
- Keep an eye on your Wi-Fi while using the sous vide for the home cook. If the Wi-Fi goes out at any time, even for a second, it can cause the wand’s timer to fall out of sync with the timer on the app you’re using.
- Review the app that comes with the sous vide before you buy if possible. Some of the apps lack the ability to adjust cooking times based on the thickness of the meat you’re preparing. You want to make sure the app has the controls you desire to cook the foods to perfection.
- Keep in mind that some sous vide models rely solely on your smartphone for operation. You won’t be able to adjust the temperature or timer on the unit itself.
- Your sous vide for home use can be utilized to prepare more than just meats and vegetables. You can also use the machine to cook yogurt, roulades, custards, purees, cheese curds, oysters, French fries, beef stock, eggnog and even cocktails.
- It’s good practice to keep your sous vide nice and clean. This task is extremely easy, as you’re using the machine in a water bath with food that remains inside a pouch. All you need to do is grab a lint-free cloth that is extra absorbent and use it to wipe down the inside and outside of the sous vide machine. If you do this after each use, your sous vide will last a long time.
- You’ll find the sous vide for the home cook comes in a wide range of prices. The price is often dependent upon the design, wattage and the incorporation of today’s technological advances. The AUAG 950-Watt Immersion Sous Vide is more basic and therefore has the most affordable price tag. You’ll pay a moderate amount for both the Anova Culinary 750-Watt Culinary Nano Sous Vide and the Instant Pot Accu Slim Sous Vide For The Home Cook. If you’re looking for top of the line, go with the Breville Joule 1100-Watt Sous Vide For The Home Cook, as it heats up quickly and utilizes Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for its operation.