Astro 78618 Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool Set, 18-Piece
Last updated date: June 29, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Brake Caliper Wind Back Tools and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool you should buy.
Update as June 29, 2020:
Checkout The Best Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool for a detailed review of all the top brake caliper wind back tools.
This brake caliper wind back tool set comes in a handy blue storage case. The set is compatible with most vehicles and highly durable, so you can count on it for many years to come. In the case, you'll find 15 adapters, a holder, right main body and left main body.
In our analysis of 8 expert reviews, the Astro 78618 Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool Set, 18-Piece placed 6th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Adaptor plates with thrust bolt assembly and reaction plate are precisely made. Prevents damaging pistons and seals. Updated adaptor set applicable for side variety of vehicles. Durable and save time
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Brake Caliper Wind Back Tools
Whether you’re a professional auto mechanic or you simply enjoy completing your own vehicle repairs, you need a quality set of tools to get the job done right. If changing out your brake pads is on your to-do list, then you’ll need a brake caliper wind back tool set. It’s important that you know exactly what you’re looking for before you buy, which is why we created this helpful guide to assist you in your search.
The first thing you want to do is check that the brake caliper wind back tool is compatible with your vehicle. Some models come with a list of vehicles that the tool can be used with, while others, like the EWK Pneumatic Rear Disc Brake Caliper Tool Set, 16-Piece, come with a complete set of adapters that work on most vehicles, including both foreign and domestic.
Next, you want to make sure the set is designed to last by examining its construction. The Orion Motor Tech Disc Brake Caliper Spreader Set, 24-Piece, for example, is made from a solid carbon steel with a rust-proof and blasted finish. Not only will this set stand the test of time, but it also won’t break when dropped accidentally.
Since most brake caliper wind back tools are sold in a set, you’ll want to take inventory of what you’re getting. The MOSTPLUS Universal Disc Brake & Piston Set, 22-Pc comes with 18 disc adapters, right and lefthanded thrust bolts and two retainer plates. Like most other brake caliper wind back tool sets, you’ll also get a heavy-duty plastic storage case that keeps the pieces neatly organized.
Finally, check to see if the brake caliper wind back tool set has any added features that make replacing the brake pads easier. There are models that include a pair of complimentary rubber gloves. The ARES Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool Set, 23-Piece uses a pneumatic compressor tool with a swivel handle that turns both clockwise and counterclockwise. That means you can use it on both the right- and left-hand threaded pistons.
The Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool Buying Guide
- Always clean each of the brake caliper wind back tool pieces before placing them back in their case. You can do this quickly with a tube of stainless steel cleaning wipes. Another option is to use a bit of WD-40 and a lint-free rag.
- It’s good practice to inspect your brake pads at every oil change. This is sort of like changing out the batteries in your smoke detector every season. You want to replace the brake pads before they become dangerous to use, not after.
- The amount of time it takes to wear out your brake pads is dependent upon several factors. How often you drive, what type of terrain you drive on, how hard you brake and the speed at which you drive all play a part in determining how quickly your brake pads wear thin.
- Since most brake caliper wind back tool sets come with a different number of pieces, you can’t accurately compare prices without first finding out how much you’re paying per piece. When you divide the total cost of the set by the total number of included pieces, you’ll get this figure. The Orion Motor Tech Disc Brake Caliper Spreader Set, 24-Piece and the MOSTPLUS Universal Disc Brake & Piston Set, 22-Pc and the most affordable sets among the bunch. You’ll pay a moderate price for the EWK Pneumatic Rear Disc Brake Caliper Tool Set, 16-Piece, while the ARES Brake Caliper Wind Back Tool Set, 23-Piece has the highest price tag. Of course, this model comes with a pneumatic compressor tool that adds to its overall value.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide