ASNEY Educational Magnetic Chess Board
Last updated date: August 1, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chess Boards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chess Board you should buy.
Update as August 1, 2022:
Checkout The Best Chess Board for a detailed review of all the top chess boards.
Prepare to be impressed by the artwork on this chess board's storage box. The contents in the box are just as stunning. The board is constructed from a premium-quality wood and has magnetic properties. That means your chess pieces will remain in place during bumps and strong gusts of wind. Players will also appreciate that the surface of the board is scratch resistant.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the ASNEY Educational Magnetic Chess Board placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Strong magnetic: 15” big magnetic chess board set is made of premium quality wood, strong magnetism embedded. This unique magnetic design of this Chess set, make it different from others with weak magnetism. Even you turn the board up-side-down, the chess pieces will still stick in the place where they should be. No more lost pieces while playing on windy day, outdoors or travelling. Makes your chess game more appealing and exciting. Foldable: chess table with clear pattern on the surface, folding the wooden board whenever you like, convenient for indoor outdoor use and keep in place. Chess game is definitely an excellent alternative entertainment to the electronic gadgets most kids are infatuated with these days, with exquisite craftsmanship, is absolutely a must have for an intellectual hobby for both kids and adults. Extra Kings Queens & storage slots: each Staunton chess piece is handcrafted from elaborately selected Dutch wood, by artisans with high preciseness. Chessmen will be stored in each individual slot, no rattling, no lost pieces, No more mess after your chess game. Extra Kings and Queens will be sent together with in case any missing from improper use. Anti-scratching: smooth processing for each chess pieces could lower the moving noise effectively, make sure no scratching on the chess board. Provides quiet environment for your logical thinking of further moving. Great additional collection to any chess enthusiasts, recreational souvenirs to pass down Generations. Start to play chess like a pro. Our promise: our 100% full refund guarantee should assure you to purchase without any concerns. Simply contact us if you have any problem. We are always here to help. Get your ASNEY chess set right now and have long hours of wholesome and educational fun for the family. Checkmate.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chess Boards
No matter what your level of experience with chess is, you can benefit from a chess board in your home. To start, there are many decorative chess boards that will enhance your décor. You can set it up in a home office, den or other area to add a little something. If guests come to visit, they may even choose to start up a game.
But many chess board buyers plan to regularly use the chess board. Whether you’re a novice or experienced player, there are some features you’ll want to look for as you search for the right chess board. No matter what your level of play, you’ll find that some qualities in a chess board are useful to almost everyone.
One of the most important factors in a chess game is the design of the pieces. You can find chess boards with pieces that are handmade, with attention to detail, but you may pay more for that level of craftsmanship. If you’re interested in reducing cost, you can likely get by with a board that skips a little of the detail in the design of its pieces.
The board itself will likely be the most important feature for you. As an accent piece in an area of your home, you can go fairly elaborate, with tables made from natural wood, but if it’s for a game room or you’ll be storing it between uses, you can save money by buying a board with a less elegant build.
In recent years, piece storage has advanced as manufacturers have found unique approaches. Some boards build storage for your pieces into the underside of the board. If you want to store the board between uses, simply turn the board over, insert the pieces and fold the board up to keep the pieces inside. If you opt for this type of board design, it’s often best to ensure that your pieces have a way to anchor into place, either through an included pouch or slots built into the surface. Otherwise, your pieces could bang into each other as you move the board, which can damage them.
The Chess Board Buying Guide
- There are multiple types of chess boards. Decide before you start shopping what type of set you need. Set types include decorative versions that serve primarily as furniture, practical and tournament sets that are built to endure frequent use, theme sets that include fun designs and travel sets that fold up so you can take your game with you.
- If you opt for a travel set, there are magnetic chess boards that will hold the pieces in place if you’re playing on a moving vehicle like a car or a plane. A magnetic chess board should be lightly magnetized so that pieces stay in place but aren’t difficult to move around.
- Look at the size of the chess pieces. While piece size is a matter of personal preference, you likely want to make sure your chess pieces are proportionate to your board. There is some wiggle room here, as long as the pieces fit comfortably within the squares. USCF regulation chess boards have squares that are 2.25 inches, with the king’s height being 3.75 inches.
- Chess pieces can be made from a variety of materials, including wood, metal and plastic. To get the darker chess pieces, manufacturers will typically use a darker wood like ebony or rosewood. Sheesham is a popular wood type for the natural brown types of chess pieces. You’ll find chess pieces made from bud rosewood are extremely rare, which means you’ll pay a premium for sets made from it.
- The type of wood used for the board itself is important. Nicer chess boards will be constructed from natural woods like beech or birch wood and feature a finish that protects it from damage.
- Weight is another important feature in chess pieces. If they’re weighted, they’ll hold their spot easier if the board is jarred. Also look for pieces that include felt on the bottom to prevent scratching the board as you move the piece around.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide