ASICS Upcourt Lightweight Platform Paddle Tennis Shoes
Last updated: October 13, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Platform Paddle Tennis Shoes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Platform Paddle Tennis Shoe you should buy.
Designed for women, these platform paddle tennis shoes provide the traction you need to plant your feet firmly on the court. They are created with an upper mesh that is both lightweight and breathable. The rest of the shoe is made using a synthetic leather that adds style and durability.In our analysis of 9 expert reviews, the ASICS Upcourt Lightweight Platform Paddle Tennis Shoes placed 2nd when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Designed for indoor court athletes who are newer to the game, the UPCOURT 4 shoe delivers a combination of lightweight flexibility, support and durability. This shoe is constructed with synthetic leather overlays that promote better support and stability during abrupt transitions and braking, while the breathable mesh paneling delivers plenty of airflow to keep feet comfortable during matches. Lastly, the UPCOURT 4 shoe is designed to improve traction on court, featuring a rubber gum sole application to emphasize grip on indoor court surfaces.
Platform Paddle Tennis Shoe Rankings
Platform tennis is a popular sport in some areas of the U.S. But like other sports, you’ll need to invest in proper gear to be at your best. The rough surface of outdoor courts means you’ll need a tennis shoe that can hold up while also being lightweight enough so that it doesn’t slow you down.
One challenge platform tennis players face is that there are currently no shoes designed specifically for the sport, as is the case with some other niche games. But with the right specs, you can track down the right shoes.
Platform tennis is usually played on a court made of aluminum covered in gritty, textured resin. The rough surface can be hard on a pair of shoes, especially if you play multiple times a week. That means eliminating any shoe made for indoor use right off the bat. Then you can focus solely on tracking down an outdoor shoe with a tough outsole and durable upper.
Vertical stability is extremely important in any type of tennis shoe. You’ll spend a great deal of time on the court moving side to side, so you don’t just need support for forward movement as you would with a walking or running shoe. Look for a shoe that will support your midsole and reduce wear on your ankles while you’re playing.
- The recommendation to change your athletic shoes every six months may not cover platform tennis shoes. Due to the rougher conditions, you might have to replace your shoes every three months, depending on how often you play. It’s important to watch for signs of wear.
- Look for outsoles that promise extra-durable rubber to give yourself the best chance of not wearing your shoes out quickly.
- Wear on the shoes isn’t the most important factor. Top priority is making sure your feet are protected while you’re playing. Look for a shoe with special features built in to stabilize your foot from front to back. You can find shoes that protect your toe and absorb shock in the midsole, for instance.
- Look at weight as well as material. A lighter-weight tennis shoe will reduce fatigue while you’re playing, helping you stay in the game longer.
- You’ll probably want to clean your tennis shoes occasionally. Leather can be easier to clean and also tends to provide more support for your foot.