Ashman Multipurpose 41-Inch Garden Spade
Last updated date: July 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Garden Spades and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Garden Spade you should buy.
Update as July 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Garden Spade for a detailed review of all the top garden spades.
You can make many garden tasks easier with this multipurpose spade. It can cut a trench, dig through thick turf and make clean slices of earth. It features a large handle that offers better control.
In our analysis, the Ashman Ashman Multipurpose 41-Inch Garden Spade placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
MULTIPURPOSE SPADE. The heavy-duty Spade serves numerous purposes and can be easily used for cutting a trench, digging and slicing through thick turf. The intricately crafted spade helps ease the task at hand. You can use it for edging sideways and walkways. You can use it to create fine lines and shapes with curves wherever and whenever needed. SOLID GRIP WITH FIBERGLASS HANDLE. The D Handle Grip made with finely crafted fiberglass handle provides a firm and comfortable grip with a two-handed control, enhancing efficiency when using the spade. Usability is at the core of its design. Special fabrication and assembly techniques are used to make the handle. It will withstand hard and fast usage and can tackle all kinds of harshness. PREMIUM QUALITY CONSTRUCTION. The hardened blade is strong and highly durable, and the Fiberglass handle outlasts a wooden handle, extending the service life of the Spade. The proper use of the spade in your daily gardening use will make it last for a decade if not more. The spade is toughened to resist damage. Less maintenance and more work are the hallmarks of our spade. SHARP BLADES. The finely sharpened blade penetrates hard soil and the ergonomic construction helps apply strong force to slice through easily. The toughened blades can cut through soil for comfortable and easy scooping of the same. It's useful for clearing the site of a camp fire. SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If unsatisfied with the Ashman Spade for any reason, simply contact our ever-friendly customer support for an instant replacement.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Garden Spades
If you have a green thumb, one of the most useful tools you will need in your shed is a garden spade. Spades are useful for digging because they have a wide, flat blade. This makes it easy to move and turn soil. While digging spades are the most common kind of garden spade, there are also other types of spades available.
For example, a border spade is a smaller and lighter type of digging spade. It is best used for digging small spaces, such as the borders around flower beds. A pointed spade has a pointed end as the name suggests, rather than a flat end like a digging spade. This tool is best for breaking apart clumps of soil or clay.
When deciding which kind of garden spade is right for you, it’s important to first consider the tasks you want to complete and the type of ground you’re dealing with. For example, if you have to work through a lot of clay, then a pointed spade and a digging spade may be useful. If you only want to dig up a small area or a border, then a border spade is your best bet.
The Garden Spade Buying Guide
- Consider the weight and length of the spade. If you have back problems, opt for something light like a border spade, or a digging spade that is made out of aluminum, which is a lighter material.
- A longer shaft on the spade will require less bending over, which can be useful if you are dealing with back pain. Some spades come with angled shafts, which can make it easier to lift heavy piles of dirt.
- Spade shafts can be made from a variety of materials like wood, plastic, fiberglass and metal. Wood is a popular option because it is sturdy and absorbs vibrations. However, it can sometimes splinter. Plastic and fiberglass are both lightweight, but they may snap under a lot of weight. Metal is a strong option, but it absorbs heat and can be uncomfortable to use.
- The material of your spade’s blade will affect how well it does the job. Blades made of stainless steel are best for digging in heavy ground like clay. They are durable, don’t rust and can be easily cleaned. However, stainless steel is heavy. The other option is carbon, which is a lightweight and tough material. However, carbon can rust after some time if it is not properly cared for.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide