Artlicious 25-Count All Purpose Paintbrush Value Pack, 2-Pack
Last updated date: August 13, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Paintbrushes and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Paintbrush you should buy.
Editor's Note August 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Paintbrush for a detailed review of all the top paintbrushes.
In our analysis of 11 expert reviews, the Artlicious Artlicious 25-Count All Purpose Paintbrush Value Pack, 2-Pack placed 6th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
All purpose paint brushes. Nylon, bristle, sponge & camel hair brushes. Wood handles in various sizes. Ideal for all mediums. Safe for educational use.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Paintbrushes
Paintbrushes come in two main types. If you’re repainting the walls in your home, you’ll need one type of brush, while artists require a different type of brush altogether. Whatever your goal is, you’ll need to look at the bristles and the handle, both of which not only impact your own comfort while you work but also the quality of the finished products.
The type of bristles is important. Brushes can have natural or synthetic bristles, but often they combine both. There’s also a silver area directly connected to the bristles. This is called a ferrule. The ferrule is held to the handle by something called a crimp, and the handle is typically either made from wood or acrylic.
With artistic paintbrushes, you’ll find there are a variety of shapes for the bristles. These paintbrushes can have a round, pointed, flat, oval-shaped or angular tip. By investing in a full set, you’ll be covered for a wide range of projects. For painting walls, you’ll need a much wider paintbrush, but you should also purchase one with a smaller bristle area for handling trim and baseboards.
The Paintbrush Buying Guide
- The type of paint you’ll be using will determine the brush you need. Natural brushes work best with oil-based paints, while synthetic brushes do well with acrylic- or latex-based paints.
- One issue, whether you’re painting the wall or a canvas, is bristles that detach from the ferrules and end up on the surface of whatever you’re painting. Look for one that’s clamped well to prevent that.
- If you’re buying a set of artistic paintbrushes, you’ll need a case to keep them in.
- The comfort of the handle is important, as well. If you’ll be working with it for a while, you’ll want a paintbrush that reduces fatigue. Wood handles are best for that, but you can also find some that are designed with ergonomics in mind.
- Paintbrushes endure exposure to moisture, both from the paint and the water you use to clean them. Look for one with rust-resistant ferrules to increase longevity.
- How you clean your paintbrushes depends on the type of paint you used. If you’re working with water-based paints, use a mixture of warm water and mild soaps. For oil-based paints, you’ll need to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for creating a cleaning solvent. Dip the brush in the solvent, then dry by spinning on a dry cloth and rinse. Never soak paintbrushes in water, solvent or cleanser, as this can damage the bristles.
- If you plan to paint regularly, a paintbrush comb can be the most effective way to keep your bristles from “fingering.” Fingering happens when the bristles harden and clump together due to residue being left on them.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide