ARTEZA Small White Board
Last updated date: November 20, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top White Boards and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best White Board you should buy.
If you need multiple lapboards for your classroom or business meeting, you can buy a set of 32 ARTEZA Small White Boards and save big. Each of the boards has a double-sided surface that can be utilized to take notes or solve problems. It is important to mention that these white boards do not come with any markers or erasers, so you'll need to make a separate plan to purchase them. In our analysis of 57 expert reviews, the ARTEZA ARTEZA Small White Board placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note November 20, 2019:
Checkout The Best White Board for a detailed review of all the top white boards.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Tired of wasting reams of paper on brainstorming and planning? There's no need to worry about that anymore with ARTEZA'S dry erase lapboards! These environmentally friendly boards are completely reusable -- all you'll need to do is erase to keep on working. Packaged in a convenient bulk pack, these whiteboards are perfect for class use as there will be more than enough for students. The boards are also double sided, meaning there's ample space to keep working when you've already filled in an entire side. The slim, lightweight, and sturdy design makes these lapboards the perfect size for individual handheld work. Smooth, rounded corners make them safe and effective for children as well. The non-porous coating makes for easy clean up as it's guaranteed to prevent bleeding, smearing, and ghosting from markers. This bulk set is perfect for teachers looking to do centers or group projects in the classroom, or Offices that require lots of brainstorming and daily notes. Silent voting, quick reference, daily tasks, or lists, these 32 dry erase boards can improve the efficiency of any school, business, or home. Let these lapboards become an essential part of your productive and visual day now!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On White Boards
A white board, also sometimes called a dry erase board or marker board, allows users to write messages for other family members, notes on a lecture or a problem that needs to be solved. Once the task is completed, the board can be wiped clean with ease and a new task added.
“White boards are great for ideation,” says art educator and artist Amy Markham. Her podcast “Starling” helps artists develop creative depth. “Whether it’s just you working on your own or your team brainstorming together, a whiteboard lets you create ideas and erase notes with a wipe of your hand.”
When shopping for a white board, it is important to first determine whether you need just one or a pack. You can purchase single white boards, or you can opt for a set. Some sets are as small as 12 units, while others run as large as 32 units.
Next, determine whether you need to use the white board on your lap, or place it on the wall next to your desk. If you prefer a model that gets installed on a wall, make sure it comes with all the mounting supplies. Double-sided Velcro strips are one of the fastest ways to mount a white board.
If the white board is meant to be used as a lapboard, look to see if it is double-sided. This allows you to flip the board over to continue working on the problem you are trying to solve. You also want this type of white board to be light and easy to carry, as you may wish to take it to school or the library.
Check to see what accessories come with the white board. Some models simply include the board itself and require shoppers to purchase specialty markers and erasers separately. They may even sell frames and marker holders that snap into place. Others come fully equipped with pens, pen trays, erasers and magnets.
DYWM Fun Fact
Blackboards, also called chalkboards, were used for a long time before white boards came on the market. Martin Heit invented the first white board in the ’60s, which he named the “Plasti-Slate.” This board was originally used to take down phone messages, but now is used for everything from solving math equations to practicing art.
Traditional small white boards are typically used by individuals, although they do make larger models for use in a classroom or office setting. Even these models have evolved, and today, many schools and businesses use an interactive white board. This board works with technology and responds to touch, such as a finger or special inkless pen.
The White Board Buying Guide
- You’ll get what you pay for with white boards. “There are inexpensive white boards made of melamine, which is good if price is an important factor,” says Markham. “However, they are prone to staining. The glass and porcelain versions are more expensive but clean up nicely and will last longer.”
- Never try to clean a white board with abrasive cleaners or sponges. These will scratch the surface and remove the coating that makes it so you can wipe the board clean.
- If your board loses its protective coating, you can add a coating of WD-40 to prolong the use of your white board.
- Use a cleaner specifically labeled for use on dry erase boards when a wet cloth isn’t enough to remove all the marks on your white board.
- A lint-free towel is best when wiping down your board, as it won’t leave any dust or lint behind.
- Use rubbing alcohol, shoe polish, hydrogen peroxide or toothpaste to tackle stubborn stains that are hard to remove.
- Only use markers and pens listed as safe for dry erase boards. Other markers and pens will permanently stain your white board.
- Check for a money-back guarantee before deciding on a white board. This is often a good indication that the product is quality made, and if it turns out to be cheaply made, at least you’ll be able to get your money back.
- It is important to take into consideration the number of white boards in a set and any included accessories when reviewing price. The Dreamline Products Dry Erase Lapboards come in a set of 12, which is understandably cheaper than the ARTEZA Small White Board set of 32. While the Officeline Magnetic Dry Erase Board and U Brands Magnetic Dry Erase Board both come with just one board, the Officeline model is higher in price, due to its many added accessories.