Arm & Hammer Rake & Pivoting Bin Dog Poop Scooper
Last updated date: September 22, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dog Poop Scoopers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dog Poop Scooper you should buy.
Update as September 22, 2021:
Checkout The Best Dog Poop Scooper for a detailed review of all the top dog poop scoopers.
Make cleanup even easier with this dog poop scooper. It has hooks on both sides of the scoop for bags. The tool is durable and ideal for those who have large dogs.
In our analysis, the Arm & Hammer Arm & Hammer Rake & Pivoting Bin Dog Poop Scooper placed 1st when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Arm & Hammer Swivel Bin & Rake is designed to simplify all aspects of pet waste pick-up, reducing odor, eliminating mess, and maximizing comfort and control. This pooper scooper for dogs features a swivel bin and soft plastic rake that work together to collect waste from a wide range of surfaces, protecting grass and flower beds from wear and effectively removing waste from paved or rocky surfaces. Featuring a large capacity swivel bin, pet parents can collect varying quantities waste, ideal for multiple pet households. The lightweight swivel bin handle is adjustable up to 32 inches to make pick-ups more comfortable for pet parents. When not in use, the Arm & Hammer pooper scooper with rake snaps together and hangs for compact storage.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Dog Poop Scoopers
Dogs are one of the most fiercely loyal pets you can have. They are committed to making their humans happy and doing whatever they can to get a belly rub. Whether they are waiting for you by the door when you get home for work or lying next to your bed each night, dogs know just how to show you they care. In return, dog owners need to properly take care of their pups and ensure they are happy and healthy. While taking dogs out for daily walks is a fun task, one of the least popular tasks is cleaning up dog poop. However, if you have the right dog poop scooper, even this task can be painless and effortless.
You may be tempted to leave your dog’s business where it is in the grass, but there are a number of reasons why you should always pick up after your dog. While dog poop is a natural occurrence, it will not break down by itself and compost as quickly as you think. In fact, it can about a year for dog poop to actually break down, so you can’t leave it in the grass or on the sidewalk. Many people incorrectly assume dog poop acts as a natural fertilizer for the grass. Unfortunately, it actually has the opposite effect. This is because a dog’s diet is high in protein, which makes their poop high in nitrogen and phosphorus. This can actually burn the lawn because it is acidic.
Dog poop is full of bacteria and parasites that cause diseases in other animals and humans. If you don’t pick up the waste, it could lead to E.coli or salmonella poisoning, making other animals or people very sick. Even if your dog appears to be completely healthy, their fecal matter can carry diseases and worms. Kids who play outside, gardeners and other pets walking along can be affected by these parasites. Aside from the environmental or health hazard, picking up after your dog is a common courtesy and part of being a responsible dog owner.
The Dog Poop Scooper Buying Guide
- Dog poop scoopers typically consistent of two parts: the rake or brush and the pan. In some dog poop scoopers, these are two separate parts. In others, they are attached as one piece. The poop scoopers work the same way, regardless of how many parts there are. The rake is used to move the poop onto the pan. You can then dispose of the poop using the pan.
- If you have back troubles or have difficulty bending down, it’s best to use an ergonomically designed dog poop scooper. This way, you can make the chore more comfortable for yourself.
- Some dog poop scoopers are highly portable. This is important if you want to take the scooper with you on a walk. Opt for one that can fold down into a small package. This will make it easy to carry around.
- Ensure the dog poop scooper works on a variety of surfaces. For example, it should be easy to pick up poop on grass, soil, cement, gravel, puddles and other surfaces. Keep in mind that your pup won’t always poop on the same type of surface, so it’s important to be able to clean it up wherever he decides to go.
- If you want to make cleanup even easier, you can place a bag on the inside of the scoop or pan. This way, once you’re done gathering the poop, you can simply tie up the bag and dispose of it. Some scoops will have hooks on either side which you can use to secure the bags so they don’t move around while you’re cleaning up.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide