ARM & HAMMER Low-Suds Powerful Laundry Detergent
Last updated date: September 15, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as September 15, 2022:
Checkout The Best Laundry Detergent for a detailed review of all the top .
Although ARM & HAMMER Clean Burst HE Liquid Laundry Detergent is easy on the pocketbook, it doesn't lack quality ingredients. The ARM & HAMMER baking soda does an excellent job of removing odors and fighting tough stains. The detergent has a low-suds formula. So it not only rinses clean, but it's also easy on both standard and HE washing machines.
In our analysis of 116 expert reviews, the ARM & HAMMER Low-Suds Powerful Laundry Detergent placed 18th when we looked at the top 21 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The only detergent with the cleaning and freshening power of ARM & HAMMER Baking Soda, our laundry detergent delivers the clean you need. It leaves clothes powerfully clean and naturally fresh, and is designed to power out dirt and odors. Special, lower-sudsing formula rinses cleaner and is designed to work in both standard machines and today’s energy conscious High Efficiency (HE) models. Special agents in the detergent trap the soil in the wash water, so it rinses away and doesn’t redeposit on your clothes. Keeps your laundry smelling clean burst fresh and clean.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
Keeping your clothes clean, bright and free of dirt and grime not only extends the life of your garments but also boosts your confidence as you get ready to tackle a busy day. In other words, you’re going to need a laundry detergent you can rely on to look and feel your best. There are a few things you need to look for when choosing the best detergent for your family.
Perhaps the biggest and most important feature is the laundry detergent’s cleaning power. Will it get out your child’s grass stains after soccer practice or the ketchup that they accidentally spilled on their favorite dress? Tide Pods 3-In-1 Laundry Detergent, 81-Count is an excellent example of a detergent that does just that. Tide uses 10 times the cleaning power to get clothes cleaner than other brands.
Next, determine how well the detergent fights strong odors and how long it keeps clothes and linens smelling fresh. Consider a bottle that contains baking soda, an ingredient that is known for its ability to tackle unpleasant smells. Then there’s Gain, which leaves your laundered items smelling fresh for as long as seven weeks.
Check to make sure that the detergent works with your traditional or high-efficiency washer. Then look to see if it minimizes the amount of suds, as too many suds make it harder for your clothes to rinse clean.
Once you have a winning detergent, you’ll need to pick a scent. Of course, you can always change the scent to match the season. You may opt for a burst of citrus or a hint of lavender. Some brands even offer that “fresh off the line” smell.
The Buying Guide
- Pay attention to the “best used by” date on the detergent container. While most laundry detergent doesn’t expire, it can lose its effectiveness. That means it may not remove tough dirt and stains or leave your clothes smelling as fresh as it once did.
- Store powder detergent in a dry location, as it is highly susceptible to moisture. Liquid detergent, on the other hand, is sensitive to high temperatures, so you’ll want to store that type in a room with temperatures that range between 50 and 80 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Always place any form of laundry detergent on a high shelf or lock it in a cabinet where children can’t access it. Some ingredients within the laundry detergent are toxic when consumed.
- Be careful not to get any of the detergent in your eyes. The detergent contains chemicals that may irritate your eyes. In the event that you do get some in your eyes, it is recommended that you rinse your eyes with water for 15 minutes.
- Check to see if the detergent you like in the scent you desire has a matching fabric softener or dryer sheet in the same scent. Competing scents may or may not combine well.
- When comparing the price of laundry detergent, you’ll need to divide the cost by the number of loads. Tide Pods 3-In-1 Laundry Detergent, 81-Count is on the higher end at approximately $.25 per load. In the middle, you’ll find detergent packs that cost $.17 a load. On the lower end are detergents that cost just $.10 per load.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide