Arkscan 2054A Shipping Label Writer
Last updated date: May 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Label Writers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Label Writer you should buy.
Complimentary software is included with your label writer purchase. The software works with Windows and has a host of design capabilities, so you can create everything from a simple product label to a complicated barcode label. If you ship items using PayPal, Shopify, UPS and ShipGator, then this is the label writer for you. In our analysis of 16 expert reviews, the Arkscan Arkscan 2054A Shipping Label Writer placed 5th when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Label Writer for a detailed review of all the top label writers.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Arks can 2054A is a multi-functional thermal printer designed to print shipping Label, product labels and other labels without refill ink and toner. The thermal direct printer works as a regular printer for the printing content, and it allows you to print any kind of text and image on thermal paper from your windows’ application and Mac’s applications; whatever you can print it to your regular printer (a printer prints 8. 5 x 11 inches paper), you can print it to this printer on thermal paper which it’s usually self-adhesive label to make it easy to stick on anything you want to label. Arks can 2054A printer also has an option to make it Zebra LP2844 compatible, which it supports many software that requires Zebra printers only, such as stamps desktop software. Most of the setup and printing configuration can be done in a minute, please reach our USA/ new York City based Tech support team to get help if you run into any technical issue. The following software, platforms and market places are known to be supported by Arks can 2054A, and is not limited to the following: Adobe reader seller Merchant fulfillment & FBA FNSKU/ as in label vendor direct Bartender ultralight to create your own product label (come with this printer, only support for Windows) easy post easy ship eBay Indicia dazzle Etsy FedEx ship Manager desktop application FedEx via website inventory lab PayPal posh mark shipping easy shippo ship station ship wire ship works ShopGator Shopify stamps desktop application stamps website stockx UPS world ship desktop application UPS website USPS Ms word xpsship in general, The printer is supported in both Windows and Mac, but not support iOS (iPhone/iPad) or Android.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Label Writers
Label writers have really come a long way over the years. You can still use them at home to assist with craft projects and certain organizational goals, but there are also now more sophisticated office models for printing shipping and barcode labels. Reviewing the available features is the best way to determine which of the label writers will fit your specific needs.
When shopping for a simple label maker, you want the model to be lightweight and portable. That way you can carry it into your home office and create labels for your files before heading to your kitchen to label each of your spices. The DYMO LetraTag Handheld Label Writer is a good choice, as it also comes with a selection of font sizes and styles that can be viewed on an LCD interface display before you print.
Even if you’re shopping for a basic label writer, you still want it to have a few features that make it more functional. For example, the Brother Easy-to-Use PT-D210 Label Writer has a memory that can store up to 30 labels at once. It also includes the addition of 600 symbols and 97 fun frames that will allow you to create unique labels that are colorful and decorative. These are perfect for scrapbooking projects and gift tags.
Should you require a more sophisticated label writer that is capable of printing shipping labels, you’ll want to choose one that uses thermal direct technology. This will save you from having to spend money on replacement ink and toner. The ROLLO DirectThermal Label Printer further cuts costs by accepting free UPS labels. It’s also compatible with such widely used platforms as Stamps.com, ShipWorks, Shopify, Etsy and Amazon.
If you do a lot of printing, you’ll want to go with a model like the Arkscan 2054A Shipping Label Writer, which has a printing speed of 5 inches per second. It has a high resolution and accepts any kind of thermal label paper that you prefer to use.
A few other features worth considering include a sleep mode, date stamp and a protective case. You may also wish to look for a model that works with programs like Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
DWYM Fun Fact
The Roovers-Lotsch Corporation was the first company to manufacture a version of the label writer, which they created with gardeners in mind. The device didn’t gain popularity, however, until the Dymo Corporation offered an improved model that was not only more functional but also had a pop of color to make it a bit more attractive.
Today, label writers look more like mini-computers and are able to create much more than just a tiny label for a gardening stake. They can create and print shipping labels as well. Users are even given a choice of fonts, decorative backgrounds and fun frames.
The Label Writer Buying Guide
- Always check to see what is included in your label writer purchase and what isn’t. Some models require a set of batteries that are not included, while others state that they operate with an AC power adapter that is sold separately. You may find the label writer also has a line of accessories that are sold separately as well, such as a label holder.
- Look to see if any software is needed to use the label writer. Some simply require you to download a free Chrome extension, however, there are label writers that will only work with software that costs money to buy.
- Keep in mind that most printers are not supported by iOS or Android, so you won’t be able to use them with your smartphone.
- Consider opting for a label writer that includes a product warranty. Even if that warranty only lasts one year, it gives you time to use the product and make sure it operates as described. If you encounter any issues during that time, you’ll be able to request a refund without any hassles.
- Since there are so many different types of label writers on the market, the price varies greatly. The simpler the model, the lower the price tag. For example, the DYMO LetraTag Handheld Label Writer and the Brother Easy-to-Use PT-D210 Label Writer are more basic in the functions they can perform, so they are among the most affordable. You’ll pay a higher price for the ROLLO DirectThermal Label Printer and the Arkscan 2054A Shipping Label Writer, as they are able to create and print shipping and barcode labels.