Ariel EDGE Plush Cooling Eye Mask
Last updated date: August 31, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cooling Eye Masks and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cooling Eye Mask you should buy.
This versatile eye mask can provide both cool and warm pain relief. It has an adjustable strap with a hook and loop closure so it’s secure and easy to put on. The plush side of the mask offers comfortable direct-skin use. In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Ariel EDGE Ariel EDGE Plush Cooling Eye Mask placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cooling Eye Mask for a detailed review of all the top cooling eye masks.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Lay back and relax with the Ariel EDGE Plush Hot/Cold Eye Mask. Plush side providing ultimate comfort to use directly on the skin for ultimate relaxation. Elastic strap attached to hold mask snuggly into place for hassle-free use. Choose from a variety of colors to personalize your "me time".
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cooling Eye Masks
Do you have a headache or feel a lot of eye strain? Are there dark circles under your eyes or have you spent the whole day looking at an electronic screen? If the area around your eyes often feels sore, a cooling eye mask can help you find some relief.
A cooling eye mask is a small mask that goes on the upper half of your face around the eyes. It covers your temples and the top part of your cheeks as well. Typically, they have cut-out holes for the eyes so that you can see through them, though some also have this area covered so that it goes over your eyelids. You can secure a cooling eye mask on your face with a Velcro or adjustable strap that goes around your head. These masks are filled with gel material or gel beads. The masks usually become cool when you place them in the refrigerator or freezer. Some cooling eye masks can also be heated up to apply warm pressure to the face.
There are several benefits to using a cooling eye mask. If you suffer from insomnia or allergies, you may have dark circles under your eyes. The area can also appear swollen and puffy. If this is the case, a cooling eye mask can help to restrict the blood vessels in the area to reduce the dark coloration and swelling and help you look fresher.
For those who deal with frequent headaches or migraines, a cooling sleep mask can provide you with some comfort. They can help you relax with gentle cool pressure to the face. While a cooling eye mask cannot get rid of a migraine, it can help make it bearable. Plus, wearing the mask may also make it easier for you to fall asleep.
DWYM Fun Fact
In order to use a cooling eye mask properly, be sure to read the instructions. In most cases, you will need to place the cooling eye mask in the fridge for a few hours, so it’s a good idea to put it in there in the morning. That way at the end of a long day, the mask will be ready to use. Lie down in a comfortable position on the couch or in bed, and place the cooling eye mask on your face. You can keep it on as long as you need to. Keep in mind that it will begin to warm up as time goes by.
The Cooling Eye Mask Buying Guide
- When you’re looking for a cooling eye mask, one of the first things you’ll want to consider is whether you want cut-out eye holes or not. Some cooling eye masks are solid so that you cannot see through them while they are on you. These are ideal for wearing in bed at night or during a nap. Others have small holes cut out for your eyes so that you can see while wearing the mask. This is a good option if you like to wear your cooling eye mask during the day while you’re getting stuff done at home.
- Take a look at how long the cooling eye mask takes to get to a cold temperature. Many cooling eye masks need around two hours in the refrigerator to get to a comfortable and soothing cool temperature. Others may take longer than that.
- Look for a cooling eye mask with a contoured fit that is comfortable to wear. You don’t want to have to adjust it every time you move.
- Check to see whether the straps that go around the head are adjustable. This way, you can find the perfect fit for you. Non-adjustable straps may be too big or too small, making the experience uncomfortable.
- Some cooling eye masks do double duty and can be heated as well. Applying warm pressure to your face and head is comforting when you’re stressed or in pain. Typically, all you have to do is microwave the cooling eye mask for a few seconds to warm it up. Be sure to always read the instructions before heating up a cooling eye mask.
- If you want to wear your cooling eye mask while you sleep, opt for one that is a dark, opaque color and blocks out light. This way, you can have a more peaceful and restful sleep.