Ariat Women’s Terrain Work Hiking Boot
Last updated date: June 5, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as August 14, 2020:
Checkout The Best Hiking Boot for a detailed review of all the top .
In our analysis of 85 expert reviews, the Ariat Women's Terrain Work Hiking Boot placed 9th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Built to handle anything you throw its way, the Terrain is a tough and rugged boot for a variety of surfaces. Full grain leather and Cordura uppers are lightweight, breathable and extremely durable. New ETC™ low friction, orthotic footbed reduces heat build-up. Moisture wicking, antibacterial/anti-odor sockliner. Low-friction surface reduces heat build up and blistering. Dual Density Duratread outsole for maximum durability and superior traction. Resilient EVA compound offers cushioning and energy return for all-day comfort. Lace style incorporates ankle flexion notches for support, fit and comfort when bending or in heels down position. Shock-absorbing gel forefoot cushion reduces skeletal impact stress on knees, hips and lower back. Polyethylene cupped footbed chassis offers torsional stability. Heel cradle stabilizes and supports the foot. Arch support encourages good posture and reduces foot fatigue. Ariat’s exclusive ATS Technology™ for superior flexibility and cushioning. ATS™ composite fiber forked shank offers unmatched stability and comfort. Duratread™ outsole. Measurements: Heel Height: 1 1⁄2 in Weight: 14 oz Shaft: 3 1⁄2 in Product measurements were taken using size 7, width B – Medium. Please note that measurements may vary by size. Weight of footwear is based on a single item, not a pair.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you like exploring scenic terrain, wandering through forest trails or just going for long walks in the wilderness, it’s important to have a good pair of hiking books. This kind of footwear is designed to protect your feet and ankles during your hike, ensuring you don’t get injured. The construction of hiking boots makes it easy to walk over rough and uneven terrain. They are stiff around the ankles, which can help to prevent sprains.
There are three main types of hiking boots, each designed for a specific kind of hiking, with their own benefits and features. Hiking shoes are low cut and are perfect for day hiking. They have flexible midsoles and will work for long-distance journeys. Day hiking boots, on the other hand, are mid- to high-cut. They work for all-day hiking trips or multiple-day backpacking trips. They are flexible and easy to break in. Backpacking boots are the most durable of the three options and are designed for multi-day trips with a heavier backpack in the backcountry. They are cut high above the ankles so they provide added support. They have stuff midsoles so they work well for off-trail travel. Be sure to consider what kind of hiking you do most when selecting your hiking boots.
The fit of your hiking boots is important for your safety and comfort. If your boots are too big or too small, you’ll have trouble enjoying your hike, and blisters could even cause you to cut it short. Make sure you look at the sizing chart before you buy and measure your feet accordingly. Try your boots on at the end of the day, which is when they are their largest size due to normal swelling. Be sure to wear socks that prevent moisture build-up, which leads to blisters. Break in your hiking boots long before your first trip on the trails to ensure your feet don’t get sore during your hike.
The Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to consider when buying hiking boots is durability. Hiking boots handle rough terrain and weather and need to be strong enough to last through it all. The uppers of the boots, which is the material the boot is made out of on the outside, impact their durability, water resistance, weight and other factors like breathability. The most durable material for uppers is full-grain leather, which is commonly used in hiking boots. It’s perfect for those who want to go on multi-day trips through rugged terrain. However, it’s not as light or breathable as nylon or split-grain leather. Keep in mind that with leather hiking boots, you need a long time to break them in, so don’t buy them right before your hiking trip.
- Synthetic uppers, which can be made from nylon or polyester, are lighter than leather and don’t require as long to break in. However, they are not as durable, though they do dry faster than leather. Keep this in mind if you frequent wet trails.
- When you’re walking on rough terrain, you want to ensure that your feet have the support you need to stay comfortable. The midsoles, or the cushioning, affect how stiff your boots are. Opt for stiffer boots for long hikes on uneven terrain. This way, you’ll get more stability.
- Be sure to take a look at the outsoles. You want to make sure they have enough grip so you don’t slip on the trails when they are wet. The lug pattern is what provides traction on the soles; in general, the deeper the lugs, the better the grip. If you frequent muddy trails, then look for widely spaced lugs, which will shed the mud more quickly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide