ARES 70016 Damaged Bolt And Nut Removal
Last updated date: June 4, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bolt And Nut Removals and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bolt And Nut Removal you should buy.
Editor's Note June 4, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bolt And Nut Removal for a detailed review of all the top bolt and nut removals.
Remove damaged bolts and studs with ease using this bolt and nut removal tool. It's made to be compact, so you can use it successfully in tight spaces. It's even got a universal design that fits all types of fasteners.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the ARES ARES Damaged Bolt And Nut Removal Tool placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The ARES Damaged Bolt And Stud Extractor Tool has a universal design that allows you to clamp down on damaged studs from 1/4-inch to 1/2-inch, taking the guess work out of extracting them. This tool has a 3/8-inch drive that can be used with hand ratchets, impact wrenches and air ratchets, and the hexagonal flat can be used with flat wrenches, adjustable wrenches, sockets, and locking pliers. Its compact design allows access into small areas, where studs may be hard to reach. Manufactured with high-grade, Heat-Treated Alloy Steel for maximum durability and chrome finish for additional rust protection, this extractor is perfect for broken exhaust manifolds, oil filler plugs, rounded starter bolts, low grade bolts left in saltwater, and more!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bolt And Nut Removals
When it comes to fasteners, bolts and nuts are the most widely used. Chances are you have multiple items around your home that use this type of hardware. It’s a good idea to have a bolt and nut removal tool on hand to help you replace any worn or damaged bolts, so the machine they’re attached to remains safe to operate. As you shop, you’ll want to keep the following features in mind:
Review the construction of the bolt and nut removal tool first, as you want it to be both tough and durable. The MAXIMUM Drive Impact Rated Bolt And Nut Removal is made from an impact rated 6-point high carbon steel. It has thicker walls for added strength and is also resistant to corrosion, which means you can expect it to last much longer than other models.
Check the bolt and nut removal’s grip next. If you can’t get a good grip, you won’t remove the bolt and you’ll exert a great deal of energy trying. The Topec Impact Hex Bolt And Nut Removal, 13-Piece has high laser etched sizes and a tight grip, thanks to its reverse spiral flutes that are designed to bite down and give you superior gripping power. You’ll love how effortless this model is to use.
Look for a bolt and nut removal tool that is able to fit in small spaces, like the ARES Damaged Bolt And Nut Removal Tool. Not all bolts are easy to reach, so you need at least one tool in a compact design in your arsenal.
Consider a bolt and nut removal set that has a few extra benefits. For example, the REXBETI Impact Bolt And Nut Removal Set, 13-Piece comes with a heavy-duty blow molded case that keeps all of your tools neat and organized. Other models are made using a universal design that fits a variety of fasteners, eliminating the need to purchase multiple tools.
The Bolt And Nut Removal Buying Guide
- Some reviewers report that not all bolt and nut removal models are effective with studs that are stuck hard. They report that these tools just spin off around the bolt instead of successfully removing it. It’s a good idea to read a few reviews to make sure the model you’re interested in doesn’t have this problem.
- Stay away from bolt and nut removal tools that have a beefy body, as these won’t fit in tight spaces or fit over the actual bolt.
- Did you know that you can actually upcycle any old or unused bolts and nuts? You can make a decorative snowman, create unique drawer pulls and even decorate a picture frame.
- If you get any grease on your bolt and nut removal tool, all you need to do is wash it using a grease-fighting dish soap and some hot water. The important thing is that you dry the tool immediately afterward using a lint-free cloth, as you don’t want the metal to be at risk of rusting.
- There are several factors that come into play when pricing a bolt and nut removal set. They included the construction material used, the number of pieces in the set and whether the set comes with a storage case. You’ll find the ARES Damaged Bolt And Nut Removal Tool is the most affordable among the bunch. The Topec Impact Hex Bolt And Nut Removal, 13-Piece and the REXBETI Impact Bolt And Nut Removal Set, 13-Piece are more moderately priced. You’ll pay a higher price for the MAXIMUM Drive Impact Rated Bolt And Nut Removal, which is made from an impact rated 6-point high carbon steel.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide