Arctic King 5 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer
Last updated date: October 21, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Mini Freezers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Mini Freezer you should buy.
Update as October 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Mini Freezer for a detailed review of all the top mini freezers.
Not only is this mini freezer well insulated, but it's also quick to freeze when plugged in for the first time. The unit stands tall and features a deep and spacious inside. A small basket rests on the top of the unit for storing gallons of ice cream or packages of ground beef.
In our analysis of 18 expert reviews, the Arctic King 5 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer placed 3rd when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
With the 5.0 cu. ft. Chest Freezer, it's easy to add a large-capacity freezer to almost any space. This compact unit gives you extra room for your frozen foods, looks sleek and takes up minimal space in your home or business. Whether you are shopping for your house, garage, basement, apartment, kitchen, cabin, lake house, timeshare, or business, the black chest freezer can meet your frozen food needs. The removable storage basket, easy-access defrosts drain, easy-clean interior, and gasket and recessed handle empower effortless to use. The sleek black color blends easily into nearly any personal or professional environment. The 5.0 cu ft chest freezer is also incredibly energy-efficient, using just an estimated 218 kilowatts of power for an entire year. The freezer is shipped in double-layer packaging to ensure safe delivery. Feature. Removable storage basket for the smaller items you use the most. Easy-access defrost drain and easy-clean interior and gasket make maintaining this unit an easy job. Black color goes well in any garage, basement or kitchen. This higher-energy-efficiency model will use only an estimated 218 kWh a year. Double-layer packaging ensures safe delivery. Dimensions: L 24.9" x W 21.7" H 33.5". Ideal for home or business use. Compact, space-saving design. Specifications. Capacity: 5 cu ft. Material: Metal. Color: Black. Assembled Product Weight: 59.5 lbs. Assembled Product Dimensions (L x W x H): 24.90 x 21.70 x 33.50 Inches
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Mini Freezers
According to Bloomberg, freezer sales are at an all-time high as Americans stockpile larger quantities of food. Not only are families spending more time at home, but many individuals are also choosing to lessen their trips to the grocery store. If the freezer attached to your refrigerator is no longer big enough to accommodate your needs, you’ll want to consider purchasing a secondary mini freezer.
Determine how much space you need the mini freezer to have. Each cubic foot of freezer space holds approximately 35 pounds of food. Generally, you’ll want to have 1.5 cubic feet per person. Don’t forget to factor in the space from the freezer that’s attached to your refrigerator. So, if you already have 5.5 cubic feet of freezer space and you’re buying for a family of six, you’ll only need to get a mini freezer with a volume of 3.5 cubic feet.
Consider where you plan on placing the freezer when choosing between a freezer with a front door and a freezer with a top lid. If you won’t have enough space to open the freezer door, you’ll need to go with a model that opens from the top. Look for one that stays open when placed at a 45 to 75-degree angle, as this allows you to use it hands-free. In the event that you do have enough space for a model with a front door, check to see which direction the door opens. Some units have reversible doors, so you can have them open in either direction.
Look for a mini freezer that has an Energy Star rating, as these models are designed to keep your electric bill from skyrocketing. You’ll also want to make sure the freezer runs quietly unless you plan on storing it out in your garage.
Consider a mini freezer that’s adjustable. Some models come with shelves that can be placed at different heights. Others have adjustable bottom feet that can be raised to add height to the freezer. You can even get a freezer with a basket attachment to hold smaller food items.
The Mini Freezer Buying Guide
- Check to see whether the freezer has an interior light. Some don’t offer this feature, which isn’t a big deal if you’re placing the freezer in a well-lit location. Individuals who plan on setting the mini freezer in a dark basement or garage, however, will want to consider adding a light near the freezer.
- Foods stored in freezers are at risk for freezer burn. Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to help prevent the freezer burn from happening. You can swap plastic wrap for wax paper, wrap the food tightly to keep air out and set an open container of water in the freezer to increase the humidity level.
- In order to extend the life of your mini freezer, it’s a good idea to give it a thorough cleaning once a year. You’ll need to remove the food, turn off the temperature gauge and unplug the unit from its power source. Next, take out any removable shelves or baskets and clean them as you would your dishes. Once the freezer has completely thawed, you can wipe it down with hot soapy dishwater. Should you encounter any unpleasant odors, you can use either baking soda or vinegar during the cleaning process. Use a clean lint-free towel to dry the freezer once it’s clean. As long as the freezer is dry, you can plug it back in.
- If your mini freezer has a drain, you’ll want to empty that before you begin cleaning the freezer.
- Although size plays the biggest role in the cost of a mini freezer, design can also cause the price to go up or down. You’ll find the E Euhomy Compact Mini Freezer, 1.1 Cubic Feet has the most affordable price, while the Midea Single Door Chest Freezer, 3.5 Cubic Feet and the Whynter Upright Lock Compact Freezer, 2.1 Cubic Feet have a more moderate cost. You’ll pay the most for the Arctic King 5 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer, as it has a larger volume than the other models.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide