Apple Magic Wireless & Rechargeable Bluetooth Keyboard
Last updated date: September 15, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bluetooth Keyboards For Mac & Windows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bluetooth Keyboard For Mac & Windows you should buy.
Update as September 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bluetooth Keyboard For Mac & Windows for a detailed review of all the top bluetooth keyboards for mac & windows.
In our analysis of 22 expert reviews, the Apple Magic Wireless & Rechargeable Bluetooth Keyboard placed 7th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Magic Keyboard combines a sleek design with a built-in rechargeable battery and enhanced key features. With a stable scissor mechanism beneath each key, as well as optimized key travel and a low profile, Magic Keyboard provides a remarkably comfortable and precise typing experience. It pairs automatically with your Mac, so you can get to work right away.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bluetooth Keyboards For Mac & Windows
Having the right keyboard can not only increase your typing speed and productivity, it can also relieve any pain and discomfort from your hands, fingers and wrists. Plus, if you’re spending a lot of time on the computer, it’s vital to have a keyboard you absolutely love. This way, typing will be second nature. Finding the right keyboard involves considering a number of different factors. You have to understand not only how you’ll be using the keyboard, but what kind of feel is important to you. You’ll also need to take a look at the many different kinds of features available and see which ones will enhance your typing experience.
When you’re on the lookout for a Bluetooth keyboard for Mac and Windows, be sure to first consider how you will be using the keyboard most often. For many people, this means sitting at a desk and working on a computer. In this case, it’s important to consider ergonomics because you will be working for multiple hours at a time. A keyboard that isn’t comfortable can result in medical issues such as carpal tunnel. In some cases, you may be using multiple computers, so having a multi-device Bluetooth keyboard is key. You may also want to look for a keyboard the lights up for easier viewability.
If you’re buying a new Bluetooth keyboard for gaming, then consider a mechanical keyboard. This is a sturdier option that is perfect for gaming use. If you have a Smart TV or a computer hooked up to a TV screen, then you’ll likely be using the keyboard from the couch. Consider getting one that has a built-in trackpad so you don’t have to fiddle with a separate mouse. If you’re planning on using the Bluetooth keyboard in multiple places, then a foldable one might work best. This way, it’s much easier to transport.
In addition to how you use the keyboard, you’ll also want to think about what kind of feel you like best. A membrane keyboard is a common option that is quiet and sleek. They don’t provide much physical feedback when you click on the keys. They feel similar to pushing the soft buttons on a remote control, for example. The other option is a mechanical keyboard, which almost gives the feeling of typing on a typewriter. They are fairly noisy, especially when you’re typing fast. While they are slightly more pricey than membrane keyboards, they are also more durable.
The Bluetooth Keyboard For Mac & Windows Buying Guide
- If you want a Bluetooth keyboard for Mac and Windows, then the most important element to consider is compatibility. Ensure that you can access all of the iOS and Windows functions using the keyboard. Not having the functionality you need can result in a loss of productivity.
- Consider the room you have for your keyboard. What does the keyboard tray look like on your desk or will you primarily be on the couch? A keyboard for your desk can be bigger and heavier than one that is needed in multiple places. Some people love having the number pad on the right-hand side while others don’t mind going without it.
- What are the keys like on the Bluetooth keyboard? If you’re on a computer often, it’s likely you have a key preference, whether you know it or not. Some keyboards have flat keys while others have a slight dimple in each key. What about hotkeys or programmable keys? For some users, those are a must-have.
- Battery life is another important feature to consider, because you don’t want to have to change the batteries every week. Also pay attention to how many batteries are needed and what type. Be sure to check whether the Bluetooth keyboard for Mac and Windows is rechargeable as well.
- Ergonomics are key, especially if you spend a lot of time at the computer. They not only help ensure comfort in your hands, fingers and wrists, they can also affect your posture. Flat keyboards often add strain to your wrists. These are ideal for short usage, but can become uncomfortable if used for several hours each day. Slanted keyboards are raised slightly at the back. This helps to make typing easier on your wrists. Some keyboards come with cushiony wrist-rests. This helps position your wrists correctly and comfortably while typing. Keep in mind you can also add external wrist rests to any keyboard. If you are someone that types all day on the computer, then a full ergonomic keyboard may be a good option for you. They help you maintain optimal wrist posture while you’re typing.
- A foldable keyboard is a good option if you regularly travel with your laptop and like using an external keyboard. Keep in mind that they are delicate. However, because of their great design and portability, you can take them just about anywhere.
- If you need to switch between devices quickly and multiple times throughout the day, invest in a multi-device keyboard. They maintain the connection in real-time and you can switch devices at the touch of a button.
- Do you often find yourself typing in the dark? Bluetooth keyboards for Mac and Windows that have a backlight are a useful option. This makes it easy to see the keys without external light. Plus, it makes your keyboard look futuristic, too.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide