Apple iPod Touch Portable MP3 Player, 16GB
Last updated date: December 3, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top MP3 Players and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best MP3 Player you should buy.
Update as December 2, 2022:
Checkout The Best MP3 Player for a detailed review of all the top mp3 players.
You'll find the Apple iPod Touch 6th Gen extremely responsive, which means when you tap on something, you'll get results. It boasts a 64-bit A8 processor and upgraded RAM, On a full charge, you'll get 40 hours of audio playback and eight hours of video, but the biggest benefit of the iPod is that you can access apps. It also has an 8-megapixel camera to let you snap pictures while you're out and about.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Apple iPod Touch Portable MP3 Player, 16GB placed 8th when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pod touch is the perfect way to carry your music collection in your pocket. You can use it to access the iTunes Store and the all-new Apple Music service.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On MP3 Players
At one time, MP3 players were all the rage. Everyone rushed out to buy the iPod when it was a small device that didn’t have a screen. But as smartphones grew in popularity, consumers discovered they could listen to music on the same device they use for everything else. However, there are still many benefits to an MP3 player, especially for those who regularly hit the gym.
MP3 players are more varied than ever. Whatever your unique needs, there’s a device that can meet them. There are small players that easily clip on your waistband or tuck into your pocket. There are larger players that give you access to apps and other smartphone-like features. There are also MP3 players designed for water activities, like swimming.
Once you decide on a design, you’ll need to make sure you find a player with the capacity you need. If you’re hoping for extreme music storage capabilities, there are players that can help with that. Other players let you keep your music in the cloud, where you can access it as needed. You may also want to consider whether you want bonus features, like the ability to take photos or catch up on your favorite TV shows using your player.
No matter how great your MP3 player is, it won’t matter if your battery dies and you can’t use it. Chances are you won’t be playing music for days at a time without a break, but it’s still convenient to be able to enjoy your MP3 over multiple days without putting it on a charger. At the same time, you should also consider how long your device will take to fully charge.
Since MP3s are designed to operate whether you’re offline or online, it’s important to make sure you have plenty of storage for all the songs you’ll add. If you’re a true music lover, you’ll likely end up with a fairly sizable music collection over the life of your MP3 player, so investing in more storage from the start can pay off a few years down the road.
The MP3 Player Buying Guide
- Battery life is an important consideration when you’re in the market for an MP3 player. Some models are able to offer 35 hours of battery life. You can fully charge them in only two hours, which is another bonus.
- If you’re interested in being able to play games, surf the internet and use apps on your MP3 player, look for a model that brings all of those features.
- Swimmers will be especially interested in the in models that are designed for swimming. Make sure they meet IPX8 waterproofing standards, so they’re safe for even your longest swims. Consider a model that clips onto the back of your goggles and swim cap, staying conveniently out of the way. Some options even come with Swimbuds waterproof headphones that are designed to stay in place even during flip-turns.
- An increasing number of MP3 players allow you to listen to your audio wirelessly using Bluetooth. If you go that route, look for an MP3 player that promotes support for aptX and LDAC codecs.
- Storage is essential in an MP3 player. With some models you’ll get 32GB, compared to up to 16GB for others. To get decent storage for certain music players, you’ll need an expansion card. A microSD card can increase the player’s capacity to 512GB.
- There’s a big difference in price between models. But no matter what, you’re sure to find an MP3 player to fit your budget.
- Controls are an important part of using an MP3 player. With some players, you’ll mostly rely on touchscreen capabilities. However, others rely on buttons, and those can be tricky.
- Although you might not think about taking photos with your MP3 player, it’s a handy extra to have. Look for an 8-megapixel camera. It may not be as good a camera as you’ll find on a newer model, but it’s a decent add-on to your MP3 player.
- If aesthetics matter, the look of each type of MP3 player will likely influence your decision. Some options have four colors to choose from, while others only offer two.
- Although many MP3 users want only to hear music they’ve downloaded, some want the ability to also listen to the radio. There are models that offer both of these features.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide