Aoocan Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 5
Last updated date: February 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top BBQ Grill Mats and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best BBQ Grill Mat you should buy.
In our analysis of 87 expert reviews, the Aoocan Aoocan Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 5 placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best BBQ Grill Mat for a detailed review of all the top bbq grill mats.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Aoocan non-stick grill mats are perfect when cooking , and also ideal for cookouts in parks and campgrounds to provide an instantly clean surface to cook on. Instead of BBQ sauce causing food to stick and become mangled or burnt, it will flip over easily to remain intact, and cook to perfection. This results in better tasting food, but also makes cleaning up afterward far easier and less time consuming. It will not retain or transfer tastes or odors between uses. They are totally washable and reusable. Almost like a thin, flexible pan, they are made from fiberglass fabric coated PTFE (Teflon) similar to what is used for non-stick pots and pans. This means that you can cook without oils, and cleaning up is simple because everything will slide right off. These mats can be used to grill ANYTHING because nothing will fall through the grates or get scorched! These mats are perfect for grilling: Veggies, Shrimp, Fish, Bacon, Pizza, Eggs, and Anything else you want to put on the grill! BBQ Grill Mats Size: 15.75" x 13"（Note: can not directly contact the fire source）
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On BBQ Grill Mats
Since 75% of the individuals living in the United States own a grill or smoker, there’s a good chance that most households could benefit from a BBQ grill mat.
When shopping for a grill mat, stick with a model that is FDA certified with a nonstick surface. You want the mat to be free of harmful chemicals, BPAs and PFOAs. Otherwise, the chemicals from the mat could seep into the foods you’re grilling. A nonstick surface is also important, as it makes flipping and serving meats and vegetables a breeze.
Check the BBQ grill mat’s durability and heat resistance. Most mats are able to accommodate temperatures between 500 and 600-degrees Fahrenheit.
Review the size of the grill mat and determine whether the size can be altered. For example, you could purchase a large grill mat that can be cut to fit your grill rack. You could also purchase two small grill mats and lay them side by side to accommodate a four-burner grill.
Versatility is also important. Most grill mats can be used to line cookie sheets, cover the area around your stove burners, top the glass plate in your microwave and replace parchment paper for desserts that need to be chilled in a refrigerator or freezer.
Look for product protection in the form of a satisfaction guarantee or a product warranty. Some companies offer something as simple as a 2-year quality guarantee, while others provide an extensive 7-year no-hassle warranty.
DWYM Fun Fact
Did you know that May is National Barbecue Month? This is true, even though the Fourth of July is the day of the year when the highest number of people are cooking on their grills. Here are a few more fun facts about grilling and barbecuing:
- Thomas Jefferson was the first president to make barbecuing a White House tradition.
- The most popular food cooked on a grill is beef.
- More people barbecue to improve the flavor of their food than for personal enjoyment or to entertain guests.
- Approximately 63% of people in America who grill do so on a monthly basis.
The BBQ Grill Mat Buying Guide
- Smaller grill mats won’t fit a two or three burner gas or kettle-style grill.
- Thicker construction is not always better, as they take longer to heat up.
- Don’t overlap your grill mats when using more than one, as they have a tendency to stick together.
- Some BBQ grill mat owners report problems with flareups along the mat’s edges.
- Never place the grill mat directly on a bed of charcoal. Grill mats should always be between 5 and 7 inches above the heat source.
- BBQ grill mats are not the best choice if you’re looking to sear or char your food.
- Reviewers report that some grill mats allow juices to puddle, which can create a bit of a mess.
- While most grill mats can simply be wiped clean using a soapy dish rag, they are dishwasher safe if you don’t want to wash them by hand.
- You can store your grill mats flat in a cabinet or rolled up in a drawer.
- Thickness plays the biggest part in the overall price of BBQ grill mats. The Vremi Heavy Duty Grill BBQ Mat, Set of 5 costs less than the Kona 600 Degree Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2, the Grillaholics Non-Stick BBQ Grill Mat, Set of 2 and the RENOOK 600 Degree Non-Stick Grill Mat, Set of 2, as it is just .2 mm thick.