Aogwat Portable Electric Pencil Sharpener
Last updated date: May 19, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Pencil Sharpeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Pencil Sharpener you should buy.
Update as May 19, 2021:
Checkout The Best Electric Pencil Sharpener for a detailed review of all the top electric pencil sharpeners.
Since this electric pencil sharpener is compact, it won't take up much room on your desk. Users will love that the sharpener is cordless. In fact, it runs off of two AA batteries and comes with the option of being switched to manual operation. You'll even get a spare blade with your purchase, adding to its overall value.
In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the Aogwat Portable Electric Pencil Sharpener placed 2nd when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Pencil Sharpeners Transparent Material: Transparent Material for Easy Observation, More Clear Pencil Shavings, Easy to Clean, and Observe at Any Time. Large Capacity Can Put More Pencil Shavings. Mini Pencil Sharpener Compact Size: The Compact Design and Proper Size Make the Pencil Sharpener be a Real Space Saver. It is Also Very Portable, An Ideal Choice for Artists, Students, Professors, Engineers, Architects, and Fashion Designers of Most Ages, Making Drawing, Writing, and Coloring Much Easier. Quickly Sharpen All Standard 6-8mm Pencils: Qualified Pencil Sharpener for Colored Pencils Can Sharpen Colored Pencils; Suitable for Round and Hexagonal Pencils. Use Popular Wooden Box Graphite and Colored Pencils (Such as Pencils From Dixon Ticonderoga, Colore, Staples, OfficeDepot, Prismacolor, Crayola, Sargent Art, Color Doodle, Vincis, etc. for Testing). Not Suitable for Woodless Pencils. Colored Pencil Sharpener Automatic Mode and Manual Mode: Our Electric Sharpener has Two Modes for You to Choose From. Press the Pencil to Start Work and Automatically Sharpen, Enough to Easily Sharpen Each Pencil to the Ideal and Durable Position in 3-5 Seconds. Manual Mode: When the Battery is Low, You Can Switch to Manual Mode to Sharpen the Colored Pencils, and Then Let Us Become an Outstanding Pencil Sharpener Manual When Drawing with Children Outdoors. Electric Sharpener Battery-Powered:2 AA Batteries (Not Included）does Not Support USB Charging or AC Adapter, and Manual with Switch, Switch the Mode You Want, It is Safer. The Top of the Product is Locked and Unlocked. When Unlocked, You Can Remove the Blade, Clean the Pencil Shavings. It Comes with a Replacement Blade. NOTE: The Word 'Electric' is Used in a Context to Denote that It Runs on Electricity Through Batteries and Not Direct Current.
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Pencil Sharpeners
There is nothing quite as satisfying as a perfectly sharp point on a pencil. However, sharpening pencils with a manual pencil sharpener can be frustrating. Not only do they make a mess, with pencil shavings falling all around, but they also don’t always result in the perfect point you’re looking for. If you have multiple pencils to sharpen, such as at a school or children’s activity, then using a manual pencil sharpener can also feel like a waste of time.
An electrical pencil sharpener improves the pencil sharpening experience considerably, especially when you have many pencils to sharpen. Running on electricity, battery, or USB power, electric pencil sharpeners offer convenience and tip quality. Unlike a manual pencil sharpener, which can waste the lead by not properly grinding it, an electric pencil sharpener always produces a sharp point.
When you’re looking for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the size of the pencils you typically use, as not all sharpeners accommodate all types of pencils. A 9 mm pencil is the most common type used; however, some pencil sharpeners are made for 8 mm pencils. You’ll also want to keep the shape of your pencils in mind. Pencils can be round, hexagonal or triangular. Ensure that your electric pencil sharpener can be used with the shape of pencil you have.
Not all electric pencil sharpeners grind the pencil at the same angle. Some pencils may require a bigger angle to show the lead, while others would fracture if that were the case. You’ll need to ensure that the electric pencil sharpener you choose sharpens your pencils at the right angle to reduce lead wastage.
The Electric Pencil Sharpener Buying Guide
- When you’re on the hunt for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the kind of blades it has. You want to ensure that they are sharp and durable and can last a long time. Helical blades that are made out of strong material such as stainless steel ensure that you get a sharp point every time — including on pencils that have particularly hard lead.
- If your electric pencil sharpener will be used by children, such as in a school setting, it’s imperative to keep safety in mind. Look for an electric pencil sharpener that has an auto-stop blade operation. This ensures that the blade stops by itself once the pencil has been sharpened. If the shavings tray is opened during sharpening, the blade stops automatically. This way, you can ensure fingers are always kept safe and away from moving blades.
- For those that sharpen multiple pencils at the same time, having a large shaving receptacle is key. This way, you don’t need to stop sharpening after every few pencils to empty out the tray. A clear bin lets you see when it’s time to empty the receptacle.
- Some electric pencil sharpeners can leave graphite streaks behind on the wood of the pencil. If you’re an artist, this can lead to smudges on your work. If this is the case, be sure to look for a pencil sharpener that doesn’t leave any graphite traces.
- You’ll need to look at what kind of power source the sharpener has, to ensure it works for your needs. Some sharpeners come with multiple power sources, so you can use batteries in addition to plugging it into an outlet. This provides added flexibility if you need to move the sharpener around. You can also get a pencil sharpener that can be charged using a USB, which is perfect if you’re at a conference or trade show with no access to batteries or wall plugs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide