Aogwat Non-Slip Auto-Stop Electric Pencil Sharpener
Last updated date: December 27, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Electric Pencil Sharpeners and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Electric Pencil Sharpener you should buy.
Update as December 27, 2021:
Checkout The Best Electric Pencil Sharpener for a detailed review of all the top electric pencil sharpeners.
While you can plug this electric pencil sharpener directly into the nearest outlet, it also takes batteries and can be powered with a USB cable. It features a powerful motor that can sharpen dull pencils in just 3 seconds. The large shaving box makes the unit an excellent choice for a classroom.
In our analysis of 98 expert reviews, the Aogwat Non-Slip Auto-Stop Electric Pencil Sharpener placed 1st when we looked at the top 14 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Super Powerful Motor: Heavy duty electric pencil sharpener with high quality and durable helical blade can sharpen pencils quickly, the enhanced motor takes only 5s to sharpen new pencils and 3s to sharpen dull pencils. USB/battery operated: This pencil sharpener comes with a USB charging cable, it does not come with an adapter. The pencil sharpeners can run on 4 AA batteries (not included) or USB DC power and are compatible with a wide range of devices, making them perfect for business, administration, use in a classroom, desktop, or office environment. Large Capacity Shavings Box: The larger capacity to store more shavings, just open the box and pour out the shavings, use the included cleaning brush to clean the sharpener faster and save your time. Auto-stop function: Whether in use or not, the sharpener will automatically stop working when you open the lid of the shavings box, the 6-8mm jack design prevents your child's hand from being hurt when inserted, it's a safer electric sharpener for kids. Non-slip design: The electric pencil sharpener has three non-slip pads on the base to prevent it from moving and shaking while working. Sharp pencils can be sharpened with just one hand. If you encounter any problem during use, please feel free to contact us through your order and we will give you a satisfactory reply!
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Electric Pencil Sharpeners
There is nothing quite as satisfying as a perfectly sharp point on a pencil. However, sharpening pencils with a manual pencil sharpener can be frustrating. Not only do they make a mess, with pencil shavings falling all around, but they also don’t always result in the perfect point you’re looking for. If you have multiple pencils to sharpen, such as at a school or children’s activity, then using a manual pencil sharpener can also feel like a waste of time.
An electrical pencil sharpener improves the pencil sharpening experience considerably, especially when you have many pencils to sharpen. Running on electricity, battery, or USB power, electric pencil sharpeners offer convenience and tip quality. Unlike a manual pencil sharpener, which can waste the lead by not properly grinding it, an electric pencil sharpener always produces a sharp point.
When you’re looking for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the size of the pencils you typically use, as not all sharpeners accommodate all types of pencils. A 9 mm pencil is the most common type used; however, some pencil sharpeners are made for 8 mm pencils. You’ll also want to keep the shape of your pencils in mind. Pencils can be round, hexagonal or triangular. Ensure that your electric pencil sharpener can be used with the shape of pencil you have.
Not all electric pencil sharpeners grind the pencil at the same angle. Some pencils may require a bigger angle to show the lead, while others would fracture if that were the case. You’ll need to ensure that the electric pencil sharpener you choose sharpens your pencils at the right angle to reduce lead wastage.
The Electric Pencil Sharpener Buying Guide
- When you’re on the hunt for an electric pencil sharpener, pay attention to the kind of blades it has. You want to ensure that they are sharp and durable and can last a long time. Helical blades that are made out of strong material such as stainless steel ensure that you get a sharp point every time — including on pencils that have particularly hard lead.
- If your electric pencil sharpener will be used by children, such as in a school setting, it’s imperative to keep safety in mind. Look for an electric pencil sharpener that has an auto-stop blade operation. This ensures that the blade stops by itself once the pencil has been sharpened. If the shavings tray is opened during sharpening, the blade stops automatically. This way, you can ensure fingers are always kept safe and away from moving blades.
- For those that sharpen multiple pencils at the same time, having a large shaving receptacle is key. This way, you don’t need to stop sharpening after every few pencils to empty out the tray. A clear bin lets you see when it’s time to empty the receptacle.
- Some electric pencil sharpeners can leave graphite streaks behind on the wood of the pencil. If you’re an artist, this can lead to smudges on your work. If this is the case, be sure to look for a pencil sharpener that doesn’t leave any graphite traces.
- You’ll need to look at what kind of power source the sharpener has, to ensure it works for your needs. Some sharpeners come with multiple power sources, so you can use batteries in addition to plugging them into an outlet. This provides added flexibility if you need to move the sharpener around. You can also get a pencil sharpener that can be charged using a USB, which is perfect if you’re at a conference or trade show with no access to batteries or wall plugs.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide