Annie’s Organic Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, 6-Count
Last updated date: September 17, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Granola Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Granola Bar you should buy.
Update as September 17, 2021:
Checkout The Best Granola Bars for a detailed review of all the top granola bars.
With a sweet chocolate chip flavor, these granola bars will appeal to your kids as well as you. The bars pack in 8 grams of whole grains per serving and leave out artificial flavors and colors and have no high fructose corn syrup. The individually wrapped bars are also perfect for tossing in a lunchbox or backpack.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the Annie's Organic Chewy Chocolate Chip Granola Bars, 6-Count placed 6th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
No Artificial Flavors, Synthetic Colors or Preservatives. 8g Whole Grains. No High-Fructose Corn Syrup.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Granola Bars
At one time, granola bars were marketed as healthy but were really packed with as much sugar as a candy bar. But today’s health-conscious consumers have created a demand for a granola bar that’s filling while also helping them meet their nutrition goals.
If you’re looking for a healthy, fulfilling snack, the right granola bar can make all the difference. Best of all, many of today’s granola bars are tasty while also being good for you. You can now find healthy granola bars in flavors like peanut butter, chocolate chip and honey almond, all with a soft, chewy taste that satisfies your palate.
The key ingredient in any granola bar is whole-grain oats. But be on the lookout for bars that incorporate artificial colors and flavors if you’re concerned about those things. Also make sure the manufacturer hasn’t built in high fructose corn syrup, which ups the sugar content significantly.
Beyond those considerations is the bar count. If you buy your granola bars in the grocery store, you’ll find there are typically either six or eight individually wrapped bars per box, as well as single-bar options, which are helpful when you’re trying to decide which kind you prefer. But you can buy granola bars in bulk, which comes in handy if you’re trying to gather enough snacks for a youth group or your team at the office.
The Granola Bar Buying Guide
- Take a close look at the ingredient list with any bar you’re buying. This is where you’ll find preservatives and high fructose corn syrup listed. Keep in mind that the level of whole-grain oats in any granola bar can vary. The higher the grams, the better. Higher whole-grain content makes a bar more filling as well as helping you achieve your daily nutritional goals.
- Granola bars can be a great snack for kids. You can find a whole-grain, organic option that still tastes sweet. Since they’re usually individually wrapped, they are great for tossing in a lunchbox as your child leaves the house in the morning.
- Calorie count can also be worth watching. But some higher-calorie versions may be more filling, which will help you satisfy those between-meal hunger pangs.
- Healthy fats can also be a great way to fill up without bringing sugars and preservatives into the mix. Look for bars that include ingredients like almonds and flaxseeds.
- If you’re looking for a snack to boost your energy for working out or hiking, a protein bar might be a better option. You can find protein bars with ingredients similar to granola bars that have high levels of protein. Just make sure you aren’t adding unhealthy fats and calories to your diet that you wouldn’t get with a granola bar.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide