Anker Leading Platforms Compatible Conference Speaker
Last updated date: August 13, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Conference Speakers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Conference Speaker you should buy.
Update as August 13, 2021:
Checkout The Best Conference Speaker for a detailed review of all the top conference speakers.
If you're looking for a conference speaker for the best two-way interaction, this speakerphone is worth considering. It has six microphones to pick up voices from all directions, making it a handy speaker even for larger rooms. It easily pairs with a wide range of devices, including phones, tablets and laptops.
In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the Anker Leading Platforms Compatible Conference Speaker placed 4th when we looked at the top 7 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Media Acclaimed: Forbes says “Whether it’s used as a portable conference phone, or as a speakerphone in a conference room, the Anker PowerConf works remarkably well”. 360° Coverage: 6 microphones arranged in a 360° array pick up voices from all directions to instantly transform any space at home or the office into a meeting room. Smart Voice Enhancement: PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone utilizes a custom DSP algorithm to optimize your voice in real-time and effectively reduce background noises. Optimized Clarity and Volume: Your voice is automatically balanced to make up for differences in volume and distance from the Bluetooth speakerphone. Perfect For Home Offices: Connect to your phone via Bluetooth or to your computer with a USB-C cable—without needing to install drivers. PowerConf Bluetooth speakerphone is Zoom certified and is compatible with all popular online conferencing platforms. 24 Hours of Call Time: A built-in 6,700mAh battery gives you the option to go wireless and hold meetings virtually anywhere. Integrated Anker PowerIQ technology allows you to charge other devices via PowerConf at optimized speeds.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Conference Speakers
Remote work is more popular than ever, and fortunately, there are many tools now available to help people communicate from a distance. For decades, businesses have relied heavily on audioconferencing to host meetings with participants all over the world. But when you have a large conference room full of people, putting a standard telephone in speaker mode doesn’t quite suffice.
Over the years, a top tool has emerged for team audio-conferencing. That tool is an advanced speaker with high-quality microphones built-in. As technology has advanced, these speakers have advanced along with it, with features like noise cancellation and high-definition audio.
But not all conference speakers are alike. Before you get started on your search, take a moment to assess your situation. Will you ever be meeting as a large group, with 100 or more people? Or will your conference room only have a few people at a time? If it’s the former, you’ll definitely need to narrow your search to a speakerphone that is specifically designed for grabbing audio from a large room full of people.
It can be easy during your search to focus specifically on the sound output of a conference speaker. But the microphones are even more important. The meeting participants at the other end of the line will need to be able to hear what you’re saying, as well as what others will be saying who aren’t necessarily seated in front of the speaker. In some cases, you can link multiple speakers together to pick up audio from an even larger group, setting each speaker in a different area of the room.
Many professionals set the conference speaker on a table and rely on it to pick up voices from all directions. For this reason, you’ll want to look for a speaker that provides 360-degree audio coverage. This will ensure you aren’t all huddled around the center of the table, shouting to be heard.
The Conference Speaker Buying Guide
- Ambient noise can be a problem with more advanced speakerphones. A high-quality microphone might pick up the sound of the air conditioning running, for instance, or construction going on outside your conference room window. Look for a speaker with technology to reduce background noise for best results.
- Since most modern conference speakers are built to pair with devices via Wi-Fi, you’ll want to make sure your building’s wireless is strong enough to hold a steady connection. If your speaker doesn’t stay in one location, you might want to invest in a USB cable to make a wired connection to your device if you’re ever in a situation where Wi-Fi is weak or unavailable.
- Device compatibility is also a must. If your speaker doesn’t have a phone built-in, you’ll need it to connect to a device that can accept calls or dial out. Look for smartphone compatibility, as well as the ability to connect with devices like laptops, especially if you’ll be using your speakerphone to provide audio for your video calls.
- If your speaker runs on battery power, make sure you’ll have enough life to get you through calls. Some are built with rechargeable batteries that can run for 15 hours in wireless mode. But when you’re using the speaker for meetings over multiple days, you’ll need to make sure you charge the battery between uses.
- You don’t have to limit your speaker to your own building. Most speakers are highly portable, allowing you to take them on the road with you. Make sure you have a way to safely transport the speaker, though. Some come with carrying cases for this very purpose.
- If your business regularly engages in video calls, look for a speaker designed for that purpose. Some even have built-in 360-degree video cameras that can capture multiple meeting participants, rather than forcing everyone to sit in front of a camera to be seen.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide