Anker 3-FT Powerline Lightning Cable, 3-Pack
Last updated date: March 27, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best you should buy.
Update as March 27, 2020:
Checkout The Best iPhone Charger Cord for a detailed review of all the top .
The Anker 3-Ft Powerline Lightning Cable comes sheathed in Kevlar fiber and PVC collars for maximum protection. The result is a cable that's resistant to heat as well as common wear and tear. The outward look and feel is similar to Apple's own standard cable.
In our analysis of 37 expert reviews, the Anker 3-FT Powerline Lightning Cable, 3-Pack placed 3rd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
The Anker Advantage: Join the 50 million+ powered by America’s leading USB charging brand. Ultra-Durable: Aramid fiber makes it thoroughly resistant to fraying and wear-related damage. Incredible Charging Speed: Wide-diameter wires and reduced cord resistance maximize charge speed. Faster Charging: Thick gauge wiring and reduced cable resistance enable PowerLine to provide the fastest possible charge via any USB charger. What You Get: 3 X Anker PowerLine Lightning, Hook-and-loop cable tie, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On
If you’re an avid iPhone user, you don’t have to sold on its uses. These pocket-sized supercomputers can shoot video, play games, give you directions and even make actual phone calls. Still, they’re all paperweights without power.
That’s why a good charging cord is just as vital as the iPhone itself. And while there’s still only one connector that will charge your smartphone, there’s still some variety in your options.
For new iPhone users, the most crucial thing is to make sure you’re buying the right charger. As of their latest version, iPhones and many iPads all use charging cords in a format called the Lightning cable. The Lightning cable was introduced in 2012 and has been the standard for most Apple products since the iPhone 5. The exceptions here are the iPod which uses a 30-pin connector and the newest iPad Pro, which charges up via a USB-C.
Lightning cables relatively easy to recognize compared to USB cables or other chargers. They are small and thin at the connection point, with 8 pins that are not only a conduit for power but data. They’re reversible, which means there is no way to plug them in “upside-down.” Either end will work. If you’re using them to transfer photos or other data off your phone, the data speeds tend to be around 480 Mbps.
The Buying Guide
- iPhone chargers tend to see a lot of use in a lot of different locations, so consider buying one with some kind of extra protection around the cord. Braided nylon is a good material for this, and you might find cords that even sheath the cable in Kevlar or steel fibers.
- While Apple is the only company that makes an iPhone, you’ll find plenty of third-party manufacturers churning out iPhone chargers. If quality is a concern, look for an “MFi-certified” designation. That stands for “Made For iPhone,” and such products have been cleared by Apple’s own quality control standards.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide