ANGRY ORANGE Industrial Strength Carpet Deodorizer Spray
Last updated date: August 17, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carpet Deodorizers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carpet Deodorizer you should buy.
Update as August 17, 2022:
Checkout The Best Carpet Deodorizer for a detailed review of all the top carpet deodorizers.
If you like the smell of fresh oranges, you'll love this deodorizer, which is made from oil extracted from orange peels. It doesn't just work for deodorizing carpet. You can use it on tile and wood flooring, mattresses, litter boxes, pet bedding and more. It promises double the power of other deodorizers in addition.
In our analysis of 33 expert reviews, the ANGRY ORANGE Industrial Strength Carpet Deodorizer Spray placed 8th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
FIERCE & FRESH: Super-powerful Cat and Dog stain deodorizer. URINE ODOR REMOVER SOLUTION: Our formula smells like fresh oranges because it is MADE from oranges! READY TO USE: No more mixing! Use this pet stain remover directly on dog pee, cat urine or solid waste. STRONG AND SAFE: This pet spray has 2X more odor fighting power. Safe to use around your pets and children. MULTIPURPOSE DEODORIZER: Works on carpet, tile, wood floors, driveways, litter boxes, grass, pens, and more.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carpet Deodorizers
If you have carpet flooring in your house, you probably already realize that it can absorb odors more than other types of floorings. Even area rugs can soak up scents like cigarette smoke and food aromas. If you have pets, they can leave their smells behind in your carpet, too, especially if they occasionally have accidents.
Carpet deodorizer can help soak those scents right up, freshening the air in your home. But not all of these products are made equally. There are products that help you clean stains, but those aren’t the same as odor eliminators and fresheners. When you’re shopping for a product to take the odor out of your carpets or rugs, look, first and foremost, for one that eliminates the odor rather than merely covering it up.
You’ll find carpet deodorizers come in two varieties. Some are liquid-based, with ingredients built in that neutralize odors, while others use a powder that you sprinkle and then vacuum up. One benefit of the latter is that in addition to absorbing odors, they can also break up the elements causing them, including dirt and pet hair, making it easier for the vacuum cleaner to extract them.
While some carpet deodorizers are unscented, others have a specific scent built in. Orange is particularly popular in deodorizing products, as the citrus is known to help neutralize odors. You’ll also find many products are made from baking soda, which is well-known for its odor absorption. This will likely be a matter of personal preference.
One feature working in favor of liquid-based deodorizers is versatility. Some spray cleaners go beyond carpet, letting you also use them to spot treat items like mattresses, litterboxes and draperies. Make sure you carefully follow the directions on any product you use to ensure it’s safe for the specific type of flooring you have.
The Carpet Deodorizer Buying Guide
- Before you use any product to treat carpets or rugs, test a small area. If the product causes problems, you’ll only affect a spot on the carpet rather than the entire floor.
- As useful as carpet deodorizer can be at neutralizing odors, you’ll likely find you’ll need to occasionally bring in a professional carpet cleaning service to fully treat all of the carpeting in your home.
- The problem with treating carpet is that liquids can seep deep into the carpet’s backing layer. You can’t fully get to that layer, which means you may not realize that these liquids cause bacteria and mildew. For this reason, baking soda is a popular product for absorbing odors from carpets. Even setting an open box of baking soda in your refrigerator can help absorb odors, so you can imagine how it can extract odors from carpeting.
- As with the original odor, your carpet deodorizer will be coming into contact with your carpet. Keep in mind that pets and small children may be moving around on that carpet and possibly even lying down on it. Look for a product that’s chemical-free and safe for use around pets and children.
- Another consideration when choosing carpet deodorizer is how it’s made. Many pet owners look specifically for products that aren’t tested on animals, but you may also want to search for a deodorizer with ingredients that are sustainably sourced.
- Some products last longer than others. Pay attention to how long you can expect freshening in your carpets after you apply the product. You will likely find a product that only lasts a day or two isn’t as useful as one that provides weeks of freshening power.
- A bonus with some deodorizers is that they help prevent static electricity buildup. If you find that you and your pets deal with static discharge, especially during the winter months, this could be a welcome relief.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide