Anchor Hocking Presence Dome Cake Stand
Last updated date: February 4, 2022
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cake Stands and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cake Stand you should buy.
Update as February 4, 2022:
Checkout The Best Cake Stand for a detailed review of all the top cake stands.
Use this cake stand to beautifully display your homemade cake. It comes with a matching glass dome and is safe for use in microwaves, refrigerators, freezers, and dishwashers. That glass is also stain and odor resistant and free of any chemicals that could leach into your food.
In our analysis of 32 expert reviews, the Anchor Hocking Presence Dome Cake Stand placed 3rd when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Give your baked creations the presentation they deserve with this 13-inch cake platter and 11-inch glass cake dome from Anchor Hocking. With its retro 1950s styling and elegant height, this piece is a fit throne for confections of all shapes–and it helps keep baked goods fresh if dessert eaters are on their own schedules. The smoothly curved dome is accented by the sturdy glass handle. Best of all, Anchor Hocking designs the piece for use as a punch bowl, too–just invert both parts and fill with a favorite party beverage. This glass serveware set contains (1) standard cake plate with (1) glass dome. This glass cake dome is a mix of durable glass and expert style. Microwave, refrigerator, freezer, and dishwasher safe. Crafted to optimize display, beautify more than your food. Anchor Hocking glass is better than plastic and metal. It will not warp, stain, retain smells, or leach chemicals into drinks and beverages. These glass cake domes fit the most casual homes and the finest restaurants. Classic, modern, or patterned – versatile designs mean maximum usage. Serve clearer. Serve safer. Serve on a statement. AMERICAN MADE GLASS SINCE 1914
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cake Stands
Whether you’re a baking pro or just learning how to frost your first masterpiece, the right cake stand can elevate any creation. Placing your cakes, cupcakes, cookies and bars on a stand will make your countertop feel like a professional bakery. It also makes your baked goods more appealing at bake sales or other public events.
There are two types of cake stands: functional and display. Functional cake stands are simple stands that rotate 360 degrees to help you ice and decorate every inch of your cake. They’re made of materials like acrylic, stainless steel, silicone and aluminum alloy.
Functional cake stands often come with sets of decorating tools, like spatulas, decorating combs and icing smoothers. The best functional cake stands have safeguards to keep your cake in place as you ice it. Look for features like non-slip surfaces and rubber feet to prevent a decorating disaster.
Display cake stands show off your cakes once you’re done decorating them. They’re made from food-grade acrylic, metal or even wrought iron. They’re often adorned with tassels, beads and fun colors.
Single-level cake stands are great for presenting full-sized cakes at birthday parties or professional catering events. They also class up ordinary cakes on your kitchen counter. Tiered cake stands are best for showing off batches of cupcakes or other small sweets.
Now that you’ve got some basic knowledge about cake stands, you can read our Tips & Advice for nitty-gritty details
The Cake Stand Buying Guide
- Think about what kinds of baked goods you make the most frequently before you buy. If you’re all about full-sized cakes, a single-level cake stand is best. If you’re a cupcake aficionado, select a tiered cake stand to show them off.
- Check out the size and weight limits on your cake stand before you buy.
- How often do you bake? If you only make cakes and cupcakes for special occasions, an inexpensive acrylic or plastic stand will be more financially appropriate. Frequent bakers should feel free to invest in a pricier option with tassels or a fancy paint job.
- Most cake stands from online vendors will come in pieces that need to be assembled. Check and see that you have any tools you might need before you buy.
- If you’re buying a functional cake stand to help you ice and decorate your cake, make sure that it looks nice enough to double as a display cake stand. If it doesn’t, be very careful when you’re transferring your cake from the functional stand to its final destination.
- Scope out any included tools that come with a functional cake stand. Most of them come with scrapers (for smoothing edges as you spin the cake in place), decorating combs (to create ridged patterns on the sides) and spatulas (for smoothing on thick layers of icing). These sets are a great way to learn the basics of cake decorating without spending a ton of money.
- Some cake stands are dishwasher safe, but handwashing will help them last longer. Acrylic and plastic stands will wipe clean with a wet cloth and some dish soap. More complex materials like steel or wrought iron may require special cleaning solutions.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide