Anchor Hocking Drinking Glasses, Set of 4
Last updated date: October 28, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Drinking Glasses and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Drinking Glass you should buy.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the Anchor Hocking Anchor Hocking Drinking Glasses, Set of 4 placed 14th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 28, 2020:
Checkout The Best Drinking Glass for a detailed review of all the top drinking glasses.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
From The Manufacturer
A classic design from Anchor Hocking, the Manchester line will not disappoint! Sturdy glass is ready to weather everyday usage from shelf to table to dishwasher and back again! Measures 3.03-inches in length, 3.03-inches in width and 6.22-inches in height. Anchor Hocking manufactures and markets a vast array of quality products for the home. Anchor Hocking is best known for their high quality glass tabletop and bakeware products manufactured in the USA since 1905. From the Manufacturer Features a classic design with a weighted sham for extra stability. Pattern gives the glass extra character. Made in the USA, Dishwasher Safe and BPA Free.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Drinking Glasses
Whether you’re pouring yourself a cool glass of ice water on a hot summer day or enjoying a sip of milk with breakfast, a good set of drinking glasses is a staple of any modern kitchen. Although traditional glass construction has its benefits, plastic, acrylic tumblers can withstand plenty of abuse without breaking or scratching. Best of all, today’s plastic glassware eliminates the chemicals that were a problem with previous generations of drinking cups.
But there are several considerations when you’re choosing a set of drinking glasses. It starts with setting your personal preferences. The first major decision will be whether you want glass or plastic, but you’ll also have the option of clear versus multicolor no matter which route you go. You can choose the style that matches your own décor and personal preferences.
Unless you have unlimited space in your kitchen, storage will be a top issue. Plastic tumblers are stackable, which makes it easier to squeeze more into a small space. If you go with the type of glasses that aren’t stackable, such as those with a highball design, you’ll have to make sure you have space for each one to be placed singly. Even glass tumblers that can be stacked will take up more height than their plastic counterparts.
A big benefit of glass, though, is that many people find that they prefer the taste of beverages in glass containers. Even with chemical-free plastics, you may find a little bit of an aftertaste as the material in the cup taints the liquid slightly. Glass is less likely to cause that problem, and you’ll even find your beverage gets a little chillier. But if you’re in a house with children or you have accident-prone guests, plastic may be a longer-lasting option. If you do go with glass, pay close attention to design. Many of today’s drinking glasses are built so that they have a thicker base for increased sturdiness.
DWYM Fun Fact
If you drink wine, you probably know how closely the flavor experience is linked to the shape of the glass. The same goes for other types of cocktails. Highball glasses are tall and narrow in shape, perfect for combining ice, a small amount of liquor and a large amount of mixer. Drinks like Mojitos and gin and tonic are typically served in that type of glass. Compare this to the cocktail glass, which is shorter and wider, making it perfect for holding a drink like a Brandy Alexander. The wide rim of the glass puts the drinker close to the beverage, making it easier to savor the scents and tastes inside.
The Drinking Glass Buying Guide
- Restaurant-style tumblers are often a popular choice. Typically, you can choose from two multicolor options or a clear set, with 16 tumblers in each.
- The Luigi Bormioli Michelangelo Drinking Glass, 4-Piece is ideal for families that prefer drinking glasses that are actually constructed of glass. You’ll get four pieces with each purchase.
- Those who prefer the look of glass but long for the durability of acrylic should consider a clear tumbler set. Some models allow you to choose from either four different size options or a multi-size set.
- The highball drinking glass has long been a staple of bars around the world. But Le’raze Highball Drinking Glasses, 10-Count can be used for all types of drinks. Clear is the only color option and you’ll only get one size.
- If durability is a concern, a plastic tumbler is the way to go. This is especially valuable if your children will be drinking out of them. Look for glasses that have heavy bottoms that help provide stability, so you’ll have a slightly lower risk of an accident.
- With plastic tumblers, chemicals are always a concern. Make sure the glasses are BPA free.
- Glass tumblers like Duralex Picardie Drinking Glass Set, 18-Piece do tend to create a better taste experience. Not only does the glass increase the “chill” of your beverage, but you also don’t have to worry about any bleed-over from the container itself.
- When it comes to storage, it doesn’t get easier than a set of plastic tumblers. Most are stackable to make it easy to squeeze the entire set into a small space inside your cabinet.