AMSkart Natural Himalayan Rock Salt Lamp
Last updated date: March 14, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top 1 Salt Lamps and dug through the reviews from 2 of the most popular review sites including BestReviews, Top 10 Rec and more. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Salt Lamp you should buy.
In our analysis of 45 expert reviews, the AMSkart AMSkart Natural Himalayan Rock Salt Lamp placed 7th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note March 26, 2019:
Checkout The Best Salt Lamp for a detailed review of all the top salt lamps.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Unique hand carved salt lamp 6 ft Power cord with dimmable switch 15 Watt light bulb wooden base manual user guide Note: Each lamp is packed in individual Retail box Hand-Crafted Natural Shape Salt Lamp Provides a Soft Glow Totally natural, hand-crafted product. rough, unfinished surface and the crystal's rough-hewn, irregular surface looks pink. it gives a warm amber glow. You can even change the color of the bulb to give a different hue to the lighting area. Use the lamp as a gentle nightlight, to create a romantic mood or replacement of candle light in dinner provides a natural touch. ENHANCE LIFE, NATURAL AIR PURIFIER & IONIZER As the bulb enlightened salt lamp emits a calming amber color & after gets heated the salt crystal start releasing negative ions into the air. Thus it creats an effect of ionizer by purifying the surrounding air. Due to the effect of the negative ions on the body blood and oxygen supply to the brain and other organs gets improved. This will enhance your mood and help you relax. Reduce Allergy & Asthma Symptoms People with asthma often find it helpful in reducing their symptoms. Salt lamps remove polluted particles of dust, smoke and the like from the surrounding air. By putting lamps in the living and bed rooms you can see remarkable cut back on allergy and asthma symptoms after a week or two. FIND COOL, UNUSUAL, NATURAL GIFT FOR ANY OCCASION Expensive gifts aren't always the best gifts. Sometimes giving a ""simple"" present that touches will work. ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY LIGHT SOURCE - with 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE & HASSLE FREE RETURN."
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Salt Lamps
If you’ve stepped into a day spa or visited a very zen friend over the past year or two, you may have noticed a new decor trend: Himalayan salt lamps. The ubiquitous amber accessories have skyrocketed in popularity, thanks to their relaxing vibe and anecdotal health benefits.
Himalayan salt lamps aren’t actually orange. They’re made by placing a light bulb inside chunks of pink Himalayan salt, which gets its shade from minerals present in the salt. The light from the bulb inside gives the pink salt chunks a soothing orange hue that lightens the mood in any room.
“True” Himalayan salt lamps are crafted with salt sourced from mines in Pakistan. Several of our top picks have certified salt from Pakistan, including the Himalayan Glow 1002 Salt lamp and the Levoit Elora Salt Lamp. The lamps usually sit on striking wooden bases, like the HemingWeigh Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp. But some options, like the Levoit Elora Salt Lamp, use stainless steel bases.
You can achieve your ideal level of relaxing light with a dimmer switch on lamps like the Himalayan Glow 1002 Salt Lamp. Most options, like the HemingWeigh Salt Lamp, are also available in multiple sizes. Some lamps come in packs of two, like the Crystal Allies Natural Salt Lamp, so you can add various sized lamps and a range of illumination to any corner of a room.
Some people buy Himalayan salt lamps because of their purported health benefits. Himalayan salt may release negative ions into the air, which is the same process used by commercial purifiers to help you breathe cleaner air. While there are no scientifically backed studies affirming that Himalayan salt lamps can release enough ions to purify your air, their beautiful glow definitely brings a calming vibe into your home.
DYWM Fun Fact
“Pretty in pink” is more than just a fun ’80s popcorn flick — the phrase also applies to Himalayan salt. The flamingo-inspired mineral has surged in popularity over the last few years, and people are using it for everything from spicing up their favorite dishes to adding a relaxing air to rooms with salt lamps. The salt tastes great and looks wonderful, but why is it pink?
Himalayan salt is gathered from salt mines just south of the Himalayan mountains in Pakistan. The formidable mountain range formed after the Indian and Eurasian tectonic plates beneath the Earth’s surface began colliding about 50 million years ago. The collision forced underground rocks upward, forming the Himalayan mountains we know today. Trace minerals from those seabed rocks contribute to Himalayan salt’s unique hue, particularly iron oxide from volcanic clay.
If you’re a science buff, you’ll know that iron oxide is a fancy term for rust. That’s right: The same mineral you scrub off of your shower is responsible for Himalayan salt’s striking good looks. Pretty neat, huh?
The Salt Lamp Buying Guide
- Before you buy your Himalayan salt lamp, consider where you’ll be using it. Do you want a lamp that emits a relaxing glow in your bedroom, or are you looking to create a more laid-back office environment? If you’re invested in a single salt lamp for your home, a hefty pick like the Himalayan Glow 1002 Salt Lamp is worth a look. It’s an impressive 8 to 11 pounds. It’s not exactly travel-friendly, but it will emit a strong amber hue. The HemingWeigh Natural Himalayan Salt Lamp weighs 6 to 7 pounds and comes in a pack of two, so you can bring one lightweight lamp to the office and keep another at home.
- If you want to use your salt lamp at night, you might nod off in its dreamy glow. An auto shut-off feature, like the one on the Levoit Elora Salt Lamp, can prevent burns or electrical issues.
- Do you have young children or rambunctious pets in your household? If you do, you’ll want to keep your salt lamp on a higher shelf so it doesn’t get knocked over and break. You’ll also want to keep the cord out of sight so that kids don’t trip over it and animals don’t treat it like a chew toy.
- Take a look at what kind of bulb your lamp requires before you buy it. This will save you some time and effort when you need to buy replacement bulbs. Many models, like the Crystal Allies Himalayan Salt Lamp and the Levoit Elora Salt Lamp, require 15-watt E12 bulbs. However, other lamps may use different styles of light bulbs. The Himalayan Glow 1002 Salt Lamp uses a B15 bulb, and it can accommodate up to 25 watts of power.
- Scope out the walls in your room to determine where your power outlets are located. This can help you figure out the proper cord length for your salt lamp. Most salt lamps, including the Crystal Allies Lamp, are not recommended for use with extension cords. That means you’ll either need to place your lamp very close to a power outlet, or you’ll need to buy one with a longer cord, like the Levoit Elora Salt Lamp’s 6.5-foot cord.