Ammex Clear Vinyl Latex & Powder Free Exam Gloves, Small
Last updated date: October 27, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Small Exam Gloves and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Small Exam Glove you should buy.
Update as November 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Small Exam Gloves for a detailed review of all the top small exam gloves.
In our analysis, the Ammex Ammex Clear Vinyl Latex & Powder Free Exam Gloves, Small placed 0th when we looked at the top 4 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AMMEX Clear Vinyl Examination Gloves are an excellent value for healthcare professionals, home users, and tasks that require frequent glove changes. Dependable 4-mil, lightweight barrier protection against bloodborne pathogens and environmental contaminants. Vinyl is less elastic than nitrile and latex, giving it a smooth finish and a loose, comfortable fit that reduces hand fatigue. Good sensitivity in the palm and fingertips to ensure optimum tactile sensitivity. These exam gloves are latex free, to help eliminate allergic reactions to latex proteins, and powder free to eliminate messy residue. Popular with doctors, nurses, dentists, dental hygienists, lab technicians, home caregivers, pharmacists, and veterinary personnel. Also suited for janitorial, beauty & salon, and food service applications, among many others. California Prop. 65 compliant. Sold in sizes from small through XL, 100 gloves per box, 10 boxes per case.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Small Exam Gloves
Whenever you need to protect your hands during daily activities and don’t need the thickness of reusable gloves, using small exam gloves offers a convenient alternative. You can use such gloves for traditional medical purposes such as first aid for your family. However, these gloves also have many more purposes for cleaning your house, doing gardening, cooking meals, coloring hair and doing craft projects.
When you’re shopping for small exam gloves, know that they mostly come in latex, vinyl and nitrile versions. While they all can protect your hands, some types of disposable gloves work better for specific household tasks than others. You’ll also need to consider factors like allergies in your decision.
Latex gloves used to be the most popular type of small exam glove due to the comfort and flexibility they provided as well as their economical cost. However, some people have a latex allergy, so you’ll need to be sure you don’t if you purchase these gloves. These work fine for medical tasks at home but may lack durability if you’re cleaning with chemicals or doing intensive crafts.
Whether you have a latex allergy or just want to be extra safe, you’ll find many nitrile exam gloves that can offer more durability and get rid of the risk of a reaction. While not as flexible as latex gloves, these comfortable gloves work well for handling food in your kitchen alongside cleaning, doing gardening work and handling home projects. You can also use these for first-aid at home.
If you don’t need much durability or protection from harmful substances that you might touch, small exam gloves made of vinyl can suffice. You might use these for keeping your hands clean when painting or when using beauty products. However, they’re not the safest choice if you’re using chemicals. Further, they’re not always recommended for handling food.
The Small Exam Glove Buying Guide
- Many small exam gloves on the market are powder-free to help avoid potential allergy issues. But if you find that you have a hard time getting your small exam gloves on due to them trying to stick, consider opting for powdered gloves since these contain cornstarch to help avoid sticking. However, beware that using powdered latex gloves can lead to more sensitivities.
- When shopping for nitrile exam gloves, you’ll find that you have different levels of thickness to choose from. If you’re doing an activity that requires being able to feel detail – such as certain craft projects – opt for the thinner versions.
- If you’re using your small exam gloves for first aid or another medical-related reason at home, you should follow some safety guidelines. These include putting the gloves on clean hands, being aware of any latex allergy the person you’re helping may have, avoiding touching sharp objects with the gloves and avoiding reusing these gloves. You should put on a fresh pair when you handle a new task or when you notice a defect in the small exam gloves you’re wearing.
- When buying vinyl gloves to use for handling food at home, check whether the manufacturer mentions the gloves have approval by the Food and Drug Administration.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide