AmeriLuck Stainless Bath & Shower Bar, 2-Pack
Last updated date: June 12, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Shower Bars and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Shower Bar you should buy.
In our analysis of 14 expert reviews, the AmeriLuck AmeriLuck Stainless Bath & Shower Bar, 2-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note June 24, 2020:
Checkout The Best Shower Bar for a detailed review of all the top shower bars.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Clean design with many choice of Brushed Nickel, White, ORB, Rustic Matt Balck finishes, nice looking without the "Hospital/Nursing home" feel. Made of thick 304 Stainless Steel tubes (1mm thickness), plus automated welding/bending. Identical quality to Famous Brands. 6 Stainless screws are included for each bar for mounting to studs. 500Lbs loading capacity, ADA and ANSI Compliant. The anti-skid grip makes you much safer than regular grab bars on the market. Can be widely used in commercial and residential places as hallway, stairway, swimming pool, toilet, bathtub and shower safety grab Handrails. These grab bars can be permanently used once it's properly install. Decorative designs with round, oval or square escutcheon, more options for you to select. Finishes available in polished chrome and brushed nickel. 6 high quality stainless steel screws are included for each bar. It's more than a bath grab bar, it's an ART for your bathroom!
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Shower Bars
A shower bar, also known as a grab bar, is an extra handle that is installed in the bath or shower to prevent people from slipping and falling. They are usually made from a rust-free metal, and can be of varying lengths.
While commonly used to help seniors find stability on slippery bath surfaces, shower bars are also useful for adults and children. In fact, over 230,000 bathroom falls happen every year for people over 15 years old. In order to prevent unnecessary accidents, it’s critical to have a shower bar in place in your bathtub or shower.
Getting out of the bathtub can be difficult when you’re on a wet surface. Typically, bathtub sides are around 18 inches high, so it requires you to take a big step over. Shower stalls usually have a lip of around five inches, which can be easy to miss and trip over. If your balance isn’t good, or if you’re unsteady on a wet, soapy surface, having something helpful to grab on to can save you from injury.
When installing your shower bar, it’s vital to find the right place to put it up. A shower bar needs to be mounted onto a wall stud, otherwise it will not provide the stability and security you need. Ask a family member to stand in the bath or shower and climb out, so you can watch their hand placement. This will give you a good idea of where the shower bar needs to be mounted.
DWYM Fun Fact
A shower bar’s key benefit is that helps to prevent slips and falls. However, did you know that there are additional benefits that come with this simple gadget? Often, when seniors or other people with balance issues are afraid of falling in the bath or shower, they tend to avoid it altogether. This poor hygiene can actually lead to other issues such as skin infections. Installing a shower bar helps to dodge this issue. Similarly, those who are nervous about a slip and fall in the bathroom feel as though they have lost their independence when they need to ask for help. Providing a shower bar helps them to regain their confidence and maintain a quality of life they’re used to.
The Shower Bar Buying Guide
- Opt for a shower bar that is made from stainless steel or other metal that will not corrode from the water. This will ensure you don’t need to replace your shower bar frequently.
- Shower bars come in multiple lengths, with 18 inches being a common offering. You can also find shower bars that are as long as 24 inches. Take a look at your space to see what you can accommodate, and be sure to install it in the correct position to maximize effectiveness. Usually, shower bars are around 1 ½ inch in diameter, so it’s easy to hold regardless of age. If you’re going to mount the shower bar horizontally, then you’ll need to get a longer one around 32 inches.
- Be wary of shower bars that leave a lot of space between the wall and the bar. If it sticks out too far, it can be hazardous as you can bump into it.
- Consider the surface of the shower bar and how textured it is. It’s important for the surface to be slip resistant so that when you’re holding on to it with wet hands, you don’t slide off. Choose a shower bar with a textured finish or one that is designed to be slip-resistant.
- It’s important to know the weight accommodation of the shower bar before you buy. If you mount one that cannot accommodate the weight of the person holding on to it, it could cause injuries. You can find shower bars with large pull forces, such as those that can manage 500 pounds.
- Consider the installation process and instructions. Review to make sure the hardware you need is included with the shower bar. In some cases, the materials for secure installation are sold separately. Before you purchase one, you’ll also want to make sure there is a wall stud in your bathroom which you can mount the bar on.
- If the aesthetics of the bar are important, look for one that has a concealed mount, so you don’t need to look at any screw holes or mounting hardware.