Americare Waterproof Seat Protector Pads
Last updated date: October 29, 2019
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chair Pad and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chair Pad you should buy.
For the ultimate protection of your chair pad, turn to the American Waterproof Seat Protector Pads. With countless color choices and a super absorbent material, this pad will certainly do the job you need it to. The entire unit is machine washable and fits on most standard seats for great versatility. During our testing, we found this pad to be functional and water-resistant — the water beaded up, rather than going into the fabric. It's good for people suffering from incontinence or people with pets. In our analysis of 141 expert reviews, the Americare Americare Waterproof Seat Protector Pads placed 2nd when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note October 29, 2019:
Checkout The Best Chair Pad for a detailed review of all the top chair pad.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Keeps your chair clean, dry and looking new. Ideal for chairs, cars and wheelchairs. Protects sensitive skin from moisture. Absorbent inner layer and vinyl backing shields seating surface from fluid damage and soiling. Cuts down on the need for costly professional steam cleaning. Absorbs up to one cup. Waterproof.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chair Pad
Whether shopping for a seat cushion to resolve back pain or need one for comfort while using a wheelchair, there is quite a variety to choose from. Chair pads are known to decrease back pain, help with chronic fatigue in the office and even help with posture. In addition, chair pads are made to provide pressure management, increased sitting stability, comfort and positioning. Many factors will contribute to your decision on the best chair pad for you.
When shopping for chair pads, think about the way you use your chair and what sort of issues you have to accommodate. There are three main types of chair pads: foam, gel and air. Depending on your needs, there will be a specific type that will help you most.
For a low-pressure option, a foam cushion would be the best choice. Foam chair pads offer sufficient stability with low density. The Sweet Home Collection Memory Foam Chair Cushion is a simple product with low density. Some foam cushions feature contoured bases with a few layers that will help with pressure. They’re also lightweight and can easily be found at an affordable price, You’ll find these features in the ComfiLife Premium Comfort Seat Cushion, which can help relieve back pain and sciatica. This type of chair pad is not meant for top-notch pressure relief or if you require special positioning in your chair.
Gel is another type of chair pad that could offer you relief and comfort. Consumers will find excellent pressure relief from gel cushions, in addition to great positioning. The stability is unbeatable, and they are very low-maintenance products. This ComfiLife Gel Enhanced Seat Cushion is an excellent choice with orthopedic gel inside. These cushions are typically more expensive than foam chair pads. They are also a bit heavier, but the weight is what gives them their excellent pressure relief and stability.
If you need something that is adjustable or accommodating to your chair needs, an air chair pad could be the product for you. With adjustable air pressure, you can play around with the amount of air in the chair pad until it feels just right for your pain level. Air chair pads are not ideal if you are looking for low-maintenance products. They also usually come at a higher price.
When you have a lower back issue, you will really want to purchase a chair pad that has what is called a coccyx cutout. The cutout allows for pressure to be focused on either side of your spine versus on your spine. The cutout is placed towards the back of the chair, and the front of the pad is contoured to your legs so you will be extremely comfortable. The ComfiLife Gel and Premium Comfort cushions both feature the coccyx cutout for any consumers searching for a great chair pad for lower back pain.
With any chair pads, you will want a protective, waterproof pad in the case of any spills or accidents. You will find a variety of covers and cases for your cushions. Some are entire cases that zipper over your pad, and others are just pads that sit on top of your cushion. The Americare Absorbent Washable Waterproof Seat Protector Pads are excellent for any chairs measuring around 21 inches by 22 inches. It comes in several colors and works on most chairs from car seats and airplane seats to wheelchairs and scooters. You’ll want to make sure whatever cover you get is the right size for the chair you’ll be using it on, so be sure to always check the measurements.
DWYM Fun Fact
- Cushions originated centuries ago in Asia. They were a sign of status and wealth at the time. Eventually, through trade, the Western countries picked up the idea and adopted it into their societies.
- Macy’s was a leader in marketing themed cushions during Christmastime in 1858. They used Christmas cushions in their window displays, which helped drew people into the stores and started a trend for the holiday season that continues to this day.
- A popular chair pad that has kept people laughing (or disgusted) for years is commonly known as the Whoopee Cushion. This ancient chair pad was a rubber bladder filled with air that made a sound similar to flatulence when it was sat upon. The whoopee cushion was invented in Canada by JEM rubber company in 1930. Although the idea goes back much further than that — in 218, young Roman Emperor Marcus Antonius was believed to have placed “air pillows” on the seats of guests who were of low wealth as an embarrassment.
The Chair Pad Buying Guide
- Before you buy a chair pad, check the warranty. If there is a money-back guarantee or a warranty that covers the first year or two, you can feel better about spending the money.
- Something that many overlook when buying a chair pad is the amount of height added to your seat when placing a pad on top of it. Be sure to measure, and make sure you still have space to sit under a table or in any tight spaces.
- Try to find a chair pad that comes with a waterproof cover or case, so it can be removed and washed in the washing machine.
- If you choose an air chair pad, be sure to perform daily inflation tests before using it.
- Some manufacturers will note the lifespan of a chair pad. However, on average, even the best chair pads will offer optimum performance for about two or three years. They should be replaced when needed. If you fail to replace your chair pad when needed, it could worsen your back issues.