American Standard 3060.109.CRW Gelcoat Whirlpool Walk-In Bathtub
Last updated date: December 31, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Walk In Bathtubs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Walk In Bathtub you should buy.
Update as December 31, 2020:
Checkout The Best Walk-In Bathtub for a detailed review of all the top walk in bathtubs.
Both left and right-handed models are available when you go with this walk-in bathtub. The tub is outfitted with 26 air jets and 13 water jets to massage tired muscles at the end of a long day. The push-button controls are also a cinch to use, even if you don't have a great deal of strength.
In our analysis of 40 expert reviews, the American Standard 3060.109.CRW Gelcoat Whirlpool Walk-In Bathtub placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Fully equipped, the Premium Series offers all the latest in safety and comfort features with the most advanced therapeutic options; The full sized, watertight door is contoured and has a low threshold that allows ease of entry and has a lifetime warranty on the door seal, a 10 year warranty on the tub shell and a 5 year warranty on all other components. Features the Air Spa System with 26 air jets that deliver advanced water based therapy providing an invigorating and relaxing, effervescent massage; the variable speed heated blower delivers thousands of tiny bubbles that gently encourage circulation, and the automatic purge cycle helps keep the System running clean and efficient. Features the Whirlpool Massage System with 13 water jets, an in line heater, a Legs Only Massage for a soothing and invigorating therapeutic bathing experience; The Ozone Self Cleaning Sanitation System will help keep your System running clean and efficient. Constructed of durable, hi gloss Gelcoat with easy touch push button controls, includes a premium fast fill faucet and handheld showering wand, a neck rest, and a color matched drain, overflow and safety grab bar; The built in safety grab bar and textured bath floor increases your level of bathing independence and delivers peace of mind by giving you fewer opportunities to slip or lose your balance; The chair height, built-in seat is contoured, allowing for more room to comfortably soak, ease of sitting/standing. This tub is White in color and the faucet deck mount (fast fill faucet included in this model), drain and door are positioned on the right hand side of the bath; Available in White or Linen and in Left Hand or Right Hand Door/Drain Configuration American Standard can help find the right walk in tub or shower for you.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Walk In Bathtubs
There’s nothing more relaxing than a long soak in the tub with a good book after a hard day. Unfortunately, for many elderly and disabled individuals, getting in and out of the bathtub can be difficult and unsafe. Walk-in tubs provide a solution for those with mobility issues to continue to enjoy the benefits associated with a nice hot bath.
With a walk-in tub, you get a door that opens along the side of the tub so that you can easily step in the tub without having to ever step over an outer edge. The tub comes with a built-in seat, and once you’ve entered the tub, you can pull the door closed. The door has a tight seal that will prevent the water from leaving the bathtub.
Another feature specific to most walk-in bathtubs is the quick drain. After you’ve finished with your bath, you’ll need to drain the water before you can open the door and step out of the tub. A fast-moving drain ensures that you won’t have to wait long for the water to be released from the tub. If you don’t want the drain front and center, there are models with a right-side drain placement. The Spa World Venzi Rectangular Walk-In Bathtub is a good example of this.
For additional safety, many walk-in bathtubs, like Ella’s Bubbles 60″ x 30″ Companion Massage Walk-In Tub, have slip-resistant flooring and extra grab bars. You won’t have to worry about falls, and you’ll have the extra support you need to get from standing to sitting and vice versa.
Finally, walk-in bathtubs also offer therapeutic benefits with their water jets and in-line heaters, which make them a good choice for just about anyone. The heat and massaging jets work well to relax tense muscles. Bathers also have the option of adding a few drops of their favorite essential oils to further enhance their experience.
The Walk In Bathtub Buying Guide
- When purchasing a walk-in bathtub, one of the first things you’ll want to look for is a hi-gloss fiberglass gel coat. This not only increases the durability of the tub, but it also makes the unit much easier to clean.
- Make sure the model is ADA-compliant, as this is the best way to know that the tub’s design and special features were created to promote independence while maintaining maximum safety.
- If you’re looking to buy the walk-in tub for therapeutic benefits, you’ll need a model with a few extra jets. A good choice would be a model that has a total of 18 air jets and 6 hydro jets.
- Individuals with arthritis would benefit from a model that has easy-to-use push-button controls. If you find a model that doesn’t already come with the push-button controls, it’s sometimes possible to request an upgrade to have them installed.
- Look to see if the unit has ozone sterilization. Ozone sterilization not only prevents mold and mildew from growing, but it works to destroy microbiological bacteria that can build up in the jets and potentially make you sick.
- It is important to remember that price varies based on features. Ella’s Bubbles Companion Massage Walk-In Tub runs approximately $4,700. Both the Spa World Venzi Rectangular Walk-In Bathtub and the American Standard Value Series Walk-In Tub fall in the middle at around $3,600-$3,700.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide