AMERELLE Stamped Steel 2-Gang Light Switch Cover
Last updated date: March 16, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Light Switch Covers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Light Switch Cover you should buy.
Update as March 16, 2023:
Checkout The Best Light Switch Cover for a detailed review of all the top light switch covers.
This high-end light switch cover has an aged-bronze finish. It adds a sense of richness and elegance to any space. The cover comes with matching hardware for easy installation.
In our analysis, the AMERELLE AMERELLE Stamped Steel 2-Gang Light Switch Cover placed 5th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AGED BRONZE FINISH – Rustic, modern century aged bronze steel finish compliments any style of decor. Add a decorative accent to any room by matching design elements such as cabinet hardware, plumbing & lighting fixtures, flooring, wallpaper & more. STYLISH WALLPLATE – This stylish wallplate conceals light switches while adding richness and style to your space. 2 TOGGLE WALLPLATE – Single toggle wallplate for covering standard double light switches. HARDWARE INCLUDED – Includes matching screws. PRODUCT DETAILS – Made from stamped steel. Measures 4 15/16″ height by 4 9/16″ width.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Light Switch Covers
Whether you’re working on a home remodeling project, adding on an addition to your space or just changing up a few small details, getting new light switch covers is an important part of the process. While they have a highly functional role, they are at eye-level on the wall and contribute to the style of your space just as much as their function.
Often called switchplates, light switch covers can be tricky to buy. You have to consider a number of factors to ensure you have the right one. Begin by making a detailed list of all the different light switch covers you need for each room. It’s common to miscount the number of plates you need, so it’s best to take the time in the beginning to do an inventory of switchplates as well as the shapes you require. Some people go around the space with brightly colored sticky notes and stick them on each electrical box so they can easily see that they are all accounted for.
There are many different types of light switch covers you can get. Single plates, as the name suggests, are for just one light switch. Double plates accommodate two light switches. There are also multi-gang switch covers for three and four light switches. A toggle plate is what you call a traditional up-down light switch found in many homes. A rocker plate is a more modern style, with a wider and flatter switch. If you want to have a dimmer switch, then opt for one which has a rotary dial. You even have the option of getting a blank light switch cover, which is for empty electrical boxes or ones you just want to cover and not use.
The Light Switch Cover Buying Guide
- An important tip to remember when ordering light switch covers is to not buy them too early. The right timing is key; otherwise you may end up with light switch covers you don’t need. Wait until the electrical component of your project is almost complete so you can see which electrical boxes are installed, their size and their orientation. This is essential information you need for choosing your light switch covers.
- If you’re dealing with issues such as contractor errors that result in holes or gaps, a jumbo light switch cover may be able to solve the problem for you. They are larger than normal so they can cover imperfections around the electrical box. This way, you don’t need to deal with additional drywalling and painting because you can simply cover up the unnecessary holes.
- Covering up imperfections isn’t the only reason to get jumbo light switch covers. If you have a particularly large room, then jumbo light switch covers work better than their regular-sized counterparts as compared to the scale of the room. This size also makes them easier to spot in a massive space.
- Do all your light switch covers have to match? It all depends on your budget and aesthetic tastes. Often, it’s best to have the light switch covers matching in a space, such as a room or a floor. If they don’t, it can look a bit haphazard. However, if you’re on a budget but still like the look of higher-end light switch covers, consider getting those for the highly visible electrical boxes – and choosing budget-friendly ones for the electrical boxes that are in closets or behind closed doors.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide