AmazonBasics Alloy Steel Zero Gravity Chair
Last updated: June 1, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Zero Gravity Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Zero Gravity Chair you should buy.
Comfort is the number-one priority when it comes to this zero gravity chair. It's designed with a padded headrest and contoured arm rests that allow you to relax after a long, hard day at work. Even though the chair is lightweight and portable, it's super strong thanks to the powder-coated steel frame.In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics Alloy Steel Zero Gravity Chair placed 14th when we looked at the top 18 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Let the day’s stress drift away with this zero-gravity chair by AmazonBasics. The outdoor lounge chair offers a wonderful place to sit and relax—perfect for poolside or on a back deck or patio. Transition effortlessly from an upright seated position to reclining for the full zero-gravity effect.
What experts liked
Zero Gravity Chair Rankings
If you suffer from back pain, you aren’t alone. An estimated 80% of adults will experience back pain at some point in their lifetimes, making it no surprise that a wealth of products have emerged to help. One of those products is the zero gravity chair, which helps with back pain, as well as issues throughout the body, by distributing all your weight evenly as you recline.
But accommodating the many heights, weights and body proportions of the consumer market is nearly impossible for any product. For that reason, it can be tough to find the perfect zero gravity chair for you. As with any recliner, each zero gravity chair is built differently, with cushioning and reclining mechanisms inserted at varying places. There’s also the total length of the chair. You can have someone who is 5-foot-2 and someone else who is 6-foot-5 try out the same chair, and they’ll have completely different experiences.
The good news is, some zero gravity chairs are adjustable. This means no matter how your chair is built, you can make a few changes and have the perfect reclining experience for your own needs. In addition to opening up a wide range of possibilities, this also means you can buy one chair for multiple people to use in your household. If someone stops by to visit, they can make a few adjustments and enjoy your chair as well.
It’s important to consider the other features on the chair while you’re shopping. Some come with cupholders and sunshades, while others include water-resistant fabric. Another bonus feature is a pillow on the headrest, which makes it far more comfortable to lounge in for hours. Looking at these benefits on the front end will help ensure you find a zero gravity chair that will offer many years of enjoyment.
- When you start looking around for a zero-gravity chair, the first thing you’ll probably have in mind is comfort. Consider a chair with a padded seatback and adjustable pillow. The pillow may even be removable, which is perfect if you’d prefer to rest your head directly on the back.
- Some chairs get their comfort from the fabric that covers them. While most zero gravity chairs use mesh chairs, others feature a softer material with padding inside for a completely different experience.
- Zero gravity chairs rely heavily on mechanisms that allow you to lock them in place at any position. There are models that have a patented locking mechanism that uses two small side clamps that you turn when you reach your desired position. With other zero gravity lounge chairs, you’ll pull the clip back to lock the chair into place. Some models even have a dual fingertip locking mechanism, making it easier to lock in place than other zero gravity chairs.
- No two people are the same height and size. Although chairs are built differently, one of the best things about zero gravity chairs is that they’re often adjustable, letting you customize them to your own needs. Some models even use elastic cords to conform to your body and an adjustable headrest for the perfect fit.
- Capacity is important in a chair, too. Many durable chairs offer support for up to 350 pounds.
- Those little “extras” can make a big difference when you’re using a chair on a regular basis. Some options have plenty of bells and whistles, including a wooden armrest and a large cupholder. Other models come with a cupholder tray as well, which may also have a slot to hold your phone. Some zero gravity chairs come with the option to purchase a sunshade separately to attach to the chair.
- As nice as it can be to have a larger zero-gravity chair, keep in mind that the bigger size means it will also be less portable. A larger chair is likely best for someone who plans to put it in one place and leave it. Smaller and more portable chairs, however, may allow your feet to hang off the end if you’re over 6 feet tall.
- Weight also impacts the portability of any type of chair. A model that is under 25 pounds is easier to relocate.
- Many consumers purchase a zero-gravity chair to set up in an outdoor area, so it’s important to look at how well each chair will handle extended exposure to the elements. Look for zero gravity chairs that are UV-resistant, so you can set them in direct sunlight without worrying.
- Even though a zero gravity chair may be comfortable, it may be made of a fabric that also soaks up water. This type of gravity chair would be better suited for a covered patio.
- You can buy a cover to protect your chair if you plan to set it out in an open area.