AmazonBasics Sheet Set
Last updated date: August 24, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Sheet Sets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Sheet Set you should buy.
This sheet set impresses with a price and quality that can rival much more expensive options. You'll get dozens of color options and sizes from twin to California king. A wrinkle-free design means you won't have to worry about ironing them once you've put them through the washer and dryer. These were surprisingly soft and silky during our testing. In our analysis of 137 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Sheet Set placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Sheet Set for a detailed review of all the top sheet sets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Surprisingly soft for being so budget friendly, this AmazonBasics microfiber sheet set adds a wonderful dose of cozy to any well-made bed. The silky-soft sheet set makes a nice choice for a kid’s bedroom, a college dorm room, or for a first-time apartment. It can even be used as a fresh set for overnight guests or as a handy backup set on laundry day. The Perfect Fit. The Queen sheet set includes a 90-by-102-inch flat sheet, a 60-by-80-by-12-inch fitted sheet with stretchy elastic for secure placement on mattresses up to 16 inches deep, and two pillowcases. Machine Washable. For easy care, machine wash the sheet set on warm and tumble dry on low. Use only non-chlorine bleach as needed.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Sheet Sets
High-quality cotton sheets can be pricey, especially if you’re buying for a dorm room or outfitting your rarely used guest room mattresses. In recent years, advancements in microfiber design have provided an alternative. Not only are these sheets much more affordable, but they rival cotton sheets both in comfort and design.
However, not all microfiber sheets hold the same standards. Breathability is an important issue in sheets. Thin sheets feel better in the summertime, certainly, but microfiber still won’t be quite as breathable as cotton. That means you should make sure you wash them on a regular basis to prevent odors and mold, especially if you have sensitivities.
One thing complicating the buying process is that microfiber sheets aren’t graded by thread count like cotton sheets are. That can make comfort a guessing game. It’s important to pay attention to reviews to make sure you get sheets that you’ll love sleeping on.
As mattresses have gotten thicker, shopping for sheets has also become more complicated. Before you start shopping, measure the thickness of your mattress to make sure the fitted sheet you choose will fit over the sides. Many of today’s sheet sets have deep pockets to accommodate both thick mattresses and the memory foam toppers on many beds today. If you don’t have a thick mattress, you’ll have to shop for a sheet set that is built for your bed type.
Durability is also essential in a sheet set. You’ll want to be able to wash your sheets on a fairly regular basis without having to worry about wear. The best microfiber sheets are built to resist pilling and fading over time. You should also be able to wash them on cold and dry them on a cooler setting. Unless you like ironing your sheets, be sure to search for sheets built for wrinkle resistance.
DWYM Fun Fact
Top sheets appear to be headed toward extinction. Europeans already tend to sleep using only a fitted sheet and a duvet. As duvets have grown more popular in the U.S., consumers have found they no longer need a protective sheet between themselves and a comforter they can rarely wash. Duvets can be fitted with covers that can be removed and washed at the same time you wash your sheets. One linen company revealed that 40% of its customer base requests only a fitted sheet. However, older generations tend to stick with the tradition of having at least a top sheet, and sometimes even a blanket, as well, in between their bodies and their comforters or duvets.
The Sheet Set Buying Guide
- The first thing to look at as you’re searching for a new sheet set is size options. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set, Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set and Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set have dozens of color options, plus sizes ranging from twin to California and Split King. The AmazonBasics Sheet Set has dozens of color options but a smaller selection of sizes.
- Most microfiber sheets allow you to wash them, but it’s recommended you stick to cold temperatures to avoid fading. You’ll also need to dry them on low heat. One of the benefits of microfiber sheets over cotton, though, is that they dry faster. You may notice lint tends to stick more to microfiber material than cotton, so it’s best to avoid washing items like blankets and towels with your sheets.
- If you want your sheets to have that just-pressed look without pulling out the iron, look for wrinkle-resistant material. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set, Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set, Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set and AmazonBasics Sheet Set all keep wrinkles to a minimum, but it’s always best to remove your sheets from the dryer as soon as you hear the timer.
- All things considered, it’s all about how the sheets feel when you slide between them at night. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set has a level of softness similar to what you find with the best hotel sheets.
- If you have sensitivities, the Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set and Bare Home 1800 Thread Sheet Set are hypoallergenic, and the Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set is designed to resist bed bugs.
- Measure the depth of your mattress before you buy. The Mellanni 1800 Thread Sheet Set and AmazonBasics Sheet Set are designed to work with mattresses of up to 16 inches deep, while the Sweet Home Collection 1500 Thread Sheet Set is better on 12-inch mattresses. Although you can use a 16-inch fitted sheet on a shallower mattress, you’ll have to deal with tucking the excess in.