AmazonBasics Ruffled Bed Skirt
Last updated date: May 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Bed Skirts and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Bed Skirt you should buy.
If you're searching for a bed skirt that is easy to care for, this polyester microfiber bed skirt is your answer. Not only is the skirt hypoallergenic and gentle on your skin, but it's also machine washable for a quick clean. Consumers can choose between twin, full, queen and king sizes. In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Ruffled Bed Skirt placed 2nd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 19, 2020:
Checkout The Best Bed Skirt for a detailed review of all the top bed skirts.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
The AmazonBasics bed skirt creates a neat, finished border around the perimeter of your bed. It's a design-minded and affordable way to make extra space for concealed storage, or simply to bring refined style to the room.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Bed Skirts
Once you have your sheets, comforter and decorative pillows, you’ll need to pick out a bed skirt. Bed skirts come in a variety of styles, so you have the option of keeping the overall look simple or drawing attention to the bed using a bold skirt that really makes a statement.
As you browse the available bed skirts, determine whether you’re interested in the traditional skirt that comes with a platform that fits between your mattress and box spring, or a bed skirt that wraps around the side of your box spring.
The MEILA Three Fabric Bed Skirt is an excellent wrap-around bed skirt, as it eliminates the need to wrestle with your mattress. It has an adjustable elastic band that allows you to get a perfect fit every time. Since it’s made from 100% microfiber, it’s also much more durable than cotton.
When it comes to traditional bed skirts, the AmazonBasics Ruffled Bed Skirt is a good choice. The fabric is hypoallergenic, which is important for anyone who has sensitive skin. It also arrives wrinkle-free and won’t fade, even if it’s placed in an area that receives a lot of sun. If that wasn’t enough, the company went a step further by using a fabric that is stain resistant.
You may also wish to select your bed skirt by design. The Biscaynebay Wrap Around Bed Skirt comes in an attractive ruffle look. Special equipment is used to make the ruffles just right and evenly spaced. The manufacturer also offers one of the biggest selections when it comes to colors and patterns. Whether you’re looking for a solid hunter green or a red burgundy in a Moroccan pattern, they have it.
There’s also the option to go with a more vintage bed skirt. The Stylemaster Renaissance Home Fashion SophiaBed Skirt has a beautiful lace pattern across the bottom that is reminiscent of times past.
DWYM Fun Fact
There are two thoughts about the real reasons bed skirts were first created. Some state that bed skirts were made to prevent cold air from making its way from underneath the bed to where the sound sleeper was lying. Others believe that the bed skirt was designed to hide the box spring, bed frame and any contents stored under the bed. Of course, today, shoppers select bed skirts for their decorative appeal.
Often times people use the words bed skirts and dust ruffles interchangeably; however, the two are actually quite different. Dust ruffles wrap around the outside of a person’s box spring. They contain a stretchable band, often elastic, that keeps them in place. Bed skirts actually have a fabric body that lays in between the mattress and box spring. This is what holds it in place. The outer fabric then hangs down to the floor along the sides and bottom of the bed.
The Bed Skirt Buying Guide
- Bed skirts are generally not compatible with wooden bed frames, footboards and beds that have posts that extend out beyond the frame.
- If your bed skirt is made of a thin material, it’s important to know that the color will most likely be transparent.
- It’s a good idea to purchase a set of bed skirt pins. While the bed skirt may not require them, the bed skirt’s elastic will eventually begin to stretch. That will cause the skirt to sag. A set of bed skirt pins will extend the life of the skirt and keep the skirt neatly held in place.
- Always take the time to read the cleaning instructions on the bed skirt’s product label before washing it for the first time. One reviewer commented that she used the permanent-press cycle, which was not recommended by the manufacturer, and it shrunk the bed skirt. Most can be machine washed on gentle using cold water and then dried with the tumble dry low heat setting. Never add bleach to the washing machine when washing bed skirts.
- Depending on the particular bed skirt you purchase, you may be able to steam it on the low setting.
- Some bed skirts arrive wrinkled. You will need to iron them first before installing them around your bed.
- The type of fabric used, and the style of the bed skirt are the two main factors that affect the overall price. The most affordable bed skirt set is the AmazonBasics Ruffled Bed Skirt. Both the Biscaynebay Wrap Around Bed Skirt and the MEILA Three Fabric Bed Skirt are moderately priced. Thanks to its uniqueness, you’ll pay the most for the Stylemaster Renaissance Home Fashion SophiaBed Skirt.