AmazonBasics Room White Kitchen Dinnerware Set For Everyday Use
Last updated: October 13, 2023
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Dinnerware Sets For Everyday Use and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Dinnerware Set For Everyday Use you should buy.
Constructed from an AB-grade porcelain, this dinnerware set for everyday use is BPA-free and completely non-toxic. It can withstand extreme temperatures, which means you can use it in both an oven and a freezer. The glossy white finish also gives the set an elegant feel.In our analysis of 21 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics Room White Dinnerware Set For Everyday Use placed 7th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
18-piece round dinnerware set; service for 6. AB-grade porcelain; BPA-free; lightweight yet durable. Elegant white finish to complement existing kitchen décor. Safe in your microwave, oven, and freezer as well as dishwasher-safe. Includes 6 each: 10.5-inch dinner plate, 7.5-inch dessert plate, 5.5-inch bowl, porcelain, solid white. Plates can withstand a maximum temperature of 572 degrees (Fahrenheit). Kindly note there is no mugs included for 18 pieces, This includes dinner set –6pcs * 10.5” dinner plate + 6pcs * 7.5” salad plates + 6pcs * 5.5” bowl.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Dinnerware Set For Everyday Use Rankings
While you may have a set of china to use for Thanksgiving or when hosting a fancy dinner party, you’ll still need a separate dinnerware set for everyday use. This set should be easy to clean, preferably in a dishwasher, and safe for heating up leftovers in a microwave. Whether you’re purchasing your first dinnerware set or you’re shopping for a replacement set, you’ll want to keep the following information in mind.
Determine what type of material you want your dinnerware set for everyday use to be made out of. An AB-grade porcelain is an excellent choice as it is lightweight and free of BPA. Since it’s made from 100% natural minerals, it’s also heat resistant.
Check that the set comes with everything you need to serve a delicious meal. For example, the Gibson Elite Soho Lounge Dinnerware Set For Everyday Use contains four 12.75-inch dinner plates, four 9-inch salad plates, four 6-inch cereal bowls and four 12-ounce mugs. If you have a large family, you’ll want to go with a set that offers service for eight individuals or service for 12.
Review the functionality of the dinnerware set for everyday use. Some options feature a post-modern lipped rim design. Not only does this lipped rim keep watery foods, such as applesauce and ice cream, from sliding off the plate, but it also provides a tool to help you scoop up your food.
Consider the style of the dinnerware set last. Once you know the set meets all of your criteria, you can pick one that matches your taste. The Elama Stoneware Dinnerware Set For Everyday Use has a more unique design. It’s turquoise and made to remind you of the ocean. Other models are a plain white or black, while some sets are decorated with swirl patterns and tiny colored dots.
- Some plates tend to become too heated. This is easily remedied by setting a placemat underneath of the plate. If you need to move the plate, you can use a set of potholders to prevent accidental burns.
- Before washing your dinnerware set for the first time, make sure you check the product care label for cleaning instructions. Most can be placed in a dishwasher; however, more fragile pieces will need to be washed by hand with a gentle dish soap and some warm water.
- When storing your dinnerware in a cabinet, it can be helpful to cover the bottom of the shelf with a padded shelf liner. The liner will cushion your fragile dinnerware, while also providing a non-slip surface to keep the dishes and mugs from sliding out of the cabinet and ending up on the kitchen floor.
- If you’re upgrading your dinnerware, consider donating your used set to a reputable charity, like Habitat for Humanity. Check your local area as well, as some businesses support local community housing programs by accepting dinnerware donations. They may even offer a percent-off coupon toward the purchase of any products for sale in their store.
- When comparing the cost of a dinnerware set for everyday use, you need to make sure you are looking at similar-sized sets. You can’t compare a 16-piece set with a 24-piece set. If the sets don’t contain the same number of pieces, you can divide the total cost by the number of pieces in the set to get the price per piece.