AmazonBasics Workstation High Impact Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors
Last updated date: January 29, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Chair Mats For Carpeted Floors and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors you should buy.
Update as January 29, 2023:
Checkout Move Easier With The Best Chair Mats For Carpeted Floors for a detailed review of all the top chair mats for carpeted floors.
If your office chair has casters, you'll find this chair mat for carpeted floors beneficial. It provides a smooth surface for the chair to glide across and offers protection for the carpet. The mat is easy to clean with a little soap and water.
In our analysis, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Workstation High Impact Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors placed 9th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
AmazonBasics Polycarbonate carpet chair mat – for the ultimate in floor protection of low, standard and medium pile carpets from everyday wear and damage caused by caster or wheel based chairs. Totally flat and impact resistant polycarbonate with a lightly textured top surface. Provides an ergonomic chair glide surface for controllable movement around your floor area. Family friendly, free of phthalates and heavy metal content. Production tolerances +/- 5%. All measurements rounded to the nearest inch.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Chair Mats For Carpeted Floors
If you’ve ever had a rolling desk chair, you know how tough it can be to maneuver around. Pushing your way across the floor to answer the phone or retrieve an item from your desk drawer gets a little more challenging if your chair’s wheels get caught.
This is especially true with carpet. Whereas vinyl or wood flooring allows casters to move smoothly, those wheels can actually become sluggish on carpeting. That’s where a chair mat can come in.
Typically made from vinyl, chair mats are designed not only to help your wheels roll but also to protect the carpet beneath. Instead of enduring years’ worth of indentations and tracks from your chair wheels, the carpet will be protected.
But if your desk chair is on carpeting, there are some things to look for while shopping around. The pile of your carpet is worth considering. If you have a very short pile, look for a mat designed to grip the smaller threads to avoid your mat slipping around. You can also find mats that are built to hold their own either on hard flooring or carpeting. If you go for this, read the reviews carefully to make sure it truly doesn’t slide around or curl up on the edges on carpeting.
The Chair Mat For Carpeted Floors Buying Guide
- Vinyl isn’t the only option for chair mats. You can find them in tempered glass, wood and other materials. Vinyl will often be the most affordable option, but glass has durability and style that puts it above vinyl options in some instances.
- The great thing about vinyl and glass is that they are clear materials, allowing the carpet beneath to show through. If you don’t like the color of your carpet, though, or it’s showing signs of age, you may want a chair mat that covers it.
- Check the cleaning instructions for the mat you’ve chosen. Some can’t be cleaned with chemicals. Doing so will cause cracks to form. In those cases, water will be your only option.
- Curling at the edges is an ongoing problem with chair mats. Look for one that’s built to stay flat. Curling could introduce a tripping hazard to your environment.
- You’ll see a couple of big options with chair mats. Some are merely rectangular for holding your desk chair, but some have a narrow lip attached to that rectangle that slides under your desk. This protects the carpet from your shoes, as well as giving your feet a cushioned place to rest while you’re working.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide