AmazonBasics Wheeled BIFMA Certified Office Chair
Last updated date: January 26, 2023
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Office Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Office Chair you should buy.
Update as January 26, 2023:
Checkout The Best Office Chair for a detailed review of all the top office chairs.
If you're looking for an office chair in a basic design with a sleek black fabric, this model is an excellent choice. You'll love the affordable price tag, as well as the extra padding on the seat and backrest. The chair even comes with a 360-degree swivel and a set of smooth-rolling casters.
In our analysis of 67 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics Wheeled BIFMA Certified Office Chair placed 8th when we looked at the top 15 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Comfortable task chair upholstered in black fabric. Padded seat and back for all-day comfort and support. Pneumatic seat-height adjustment; 360-degree swivel; smooth-rolling casters. 250-pound maximum weight capacity; assembly instructions included. BIFMA Certified. Chair Dimensions: Measures 25.2 x 18.7 x 34.6 to 37.8 Inches (LxWxH).
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Office Chairs
When working long hours at a desk, you’ll need an office chair that supports your back, has a comfortable seat and adjusts to fit your body. Most office chairs allow you to at least adjust the height, come with a swivel seat and have wheels on the base so you can move around.
When considering ergonomics, you’ll want to think about how long you’ll use the chair and any pain points you experience. If you have pain from the neck down to your back, high-back office chairs can offer extensive support to your body for a long workday. A low- or mid-back office chair can suit more casual-use purposes and still offer some back support.
Keep in mind the chair’s adjustability options so that it fits your body and works for your desk. An adjustable height is a must, and if your chair has an armrest, adjustability in that area can allow for more comfortable typing. You’ll need a chair that can tilt back if you want the option to recline for a quick break.
For the most comfort, consider the material and padding used in the chair. Leather office chairs can come with a lot of thick padding but may offer less breathability than a thinner office chair covered in mesh fabric. However, office chairs with thin seat padding can wear down quickly and leave you sitting uncomfortably.
If you want the ability to easily maneuver around the room in your office chair, choose one with wheels and a pivoting seat. Some chairs have rollerblade-like wheels that move smoothly, while others have caster wheels with a cover to protect your floor. At the same time, make sure that your chair and its wheels are durable enough to support you and endure heavy use.
Don’t forget that an office chair can be stylish, too. While you can find brown, black and gray office chairs that fit in anywhere, chairs in fun colors like pink, green and blue exist, too. You can even find uniquely shaped office chairs that look like a more casual piece of furniture.
The Office Chair Buying Guide
- If your office gets warm or you sit for long hours, look for a chair covered in a thin, breathable material such as mesh. Thick materials like leather can cause you to sweat in your seat, though some manufacturers offer breathable leather options.
- When choosing an office chair, look for one that conforms to your back’s curve if you commonly experience backaches or strains.
- Chair padding will wear down over time, especially in the seat area. You can slow down the process if you find a chair with thick memory foam in the seat.
- Consider an office chair with a headrest if you want to improve your posture and take some pressure off your back. You can often find chairs with adjustable headrests for your height.
- Even the most comfortable seat may not work out if it’s not wide or deep enough for you. Generally, tall people should look for larger seats, while shorter people can do well with smaller ones.
- Before buying an adjustable office chair, make sure that you can easily access the controls on it. Generally, you shouldn’t have to get off the chair to make adjustments. Also, check the instructions so that you know how to adjust the chair properly.
- Eventually, an office chair will need to be replaced when it breaks or when the padding wears down to the point where you feel uncomfortable. However, you may be able to prolong a chair’s lifespan with the help of a seat cushion.
- Don’t forget to check an office chair’s weight limit since it can vary widely — even among chairs that look similar. You’ll often find chairs with limits of around 250 pounds. If you need more capacity, look for chairs marketed as “big and tall.”
- To keep your office chair clean, you can gently vacuum fabric chairs or use a cleaning foam for leather chairs. Gentle soap and water work well for mesh chairs.
- Read reviews and check instructions before purchasing an office chair to avoid any troubles during assembly.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide