AmazonBasics Locking Lids Glass Food Storage, 20-Piece
Last updated date: May 21, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Glass Food Storage and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Glass Food Storage you should buy.
You're sure to fall in love with this glass food storage set, as it has a glass base that is non-porous. Not only does that mean it's easy to clean, but it's also resistant to rust, stains and odors. The 10 glass containers come with 10 BPA-free locking lids for a secure seal that you can trust. In our analysis of 43 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Locking Lids Glass Food Storage, 20-Piece placed 3rd when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note May 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Glass Food Storage for a detailed review of all the top glass food storage.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Experience a convenient food-storage solution with AmazonBasics locking glass food-storage containers. The set of tightly covered containers come in handy for storing leftovers, bringing lunches to work, freezing smaller portions of make-ahead meals, and more. Offering a variety of sizes and shapes, the exceptionally versatile containers slip easily into a backpack or bag and stack neatly in a pantry, refrigerator, or freezer.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Glass Food Storage
Did you know that over 240 lbs. of food per person is wasted each year in the United States? This can be avoided by simply storing any leftover food and eating it a day or two later. In fact, surveys show that 41% of people store and consume leftovers to save money. In addition to money, a person saves time. It takes just a few minutes to heat up a leftover plate of chicken and vegetables verses the 30 plus minutes it would take to cook the meal from scratch.
If you’re in the market for a quality set of food storage containers, you’ll want to go with glass. Glass dishes, like the Pyrex Simply Store BPA-Free Glass Storage, 18-Pc, are ideal because they never rust, and they are able to resist stains from dark sauces and odors from foods like onions and garlic.
Look for a glass food storage container that is heat safe. For example, the Bayco Airtight Meal Prep Glass Food Storage, 9-Piece is oven safe to temperatures as high as 700 degrees Fahrenheit. That means you can use the set to cook everything from a lasagna to a shepherd’s pie.
If you do a lot of food prep, you’ll want a glass food storage set that is also freezer safe. The S SALIENT Meal Prep BPA-Free Glass Food Storage, 18-Piece can be stored in temperatures as low as -40 degrees Fahrenheit. This is perfect for safely keeping large batches of homemade soups, cooked veggies and just about any type of casserole at the ready.
Check the lids last. You need a glass container with a matching lid that holds a seal. The AmazonBasics Locking Lids Glass Food Storage, 20-Piece comes with BPA-free locking lids with silicone rings. The silicone ring creates a watertight seal, while the locking lids let you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that the lids are secure.
DWYM Fun Fact
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), foods should never be left out in room temperature for longer than two hours, as bacteria will begin to grow and may reach a level that could make you sick. The organization also points out that if it’s 90 degrees Fahrenheit or hotter outside, you should put your perishable food away within an hour of serving it.
A few other food storage tips include setting the temperature of your refrigerator at or below 40 degrees Fahrenheit and your freezer at 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower, thawing frozen foods in a pot of cold water, your refrigerator or a microwave and using the stored foods before the recommended storage time has expired. For example, if you store a steak in your refrigerator, you’ll need to eat it within three to five days. If you store it in the freezer, it should be consumed within four to 12 months.
The Glass Food Storage Buying Guide
- Store your food upright when using the glass storage containers. Even if the containers have a lid with a great seal, the food can still move freely within the container if there is a gap between the lid and the food.
- Keep in mind that most lids must be removed from the glass food storage containers before you heat the food up in a microwave or traditional oven.
- Always check the product packaging for cleaning instructions. Most glass food storage containers are dishwasher safe, although some companies recommend washing them on the top rack. Most of the containers’ lids, however, are made of plastic and must be washed by hand with the rest of your dishes.
- Glass food storage containers don’t have to be used for food. There are plenty of other items that you can store in the containers to keep your home neat and organized. For example, you may wish to keep sewing supplies, like extra buttons, thimbles or spools of thread in the containers. If your kids have small toy collections, such as little army men or LEGO sets, the containers will keep the pieces together. Just a few other things you can use these glass jars to hold include hair bows, coins, nail art and jewelry.
- To determine which set of glass food storage containers has the best value, you need to divide the price by the number of pieces in the set. The AmazonBasics Locking Lids Glass Food Storage, 20-Piece and the S SALIENT Meal Prep BPA-Free Glass Food Storage, 18-Piece are among the most affordable when you look at the price per piece. You’ll pay a moderate amount for the Pyrex Simply Store BPA-Free Glass Storage, 18-Pc. The Bayco Airtight Meal Prep Glass Food Storage, 9-Piece is able to command the highest price per piece, thanks to its smart snap locking lids and its ability to withstand heat temperatures as high as 700 degrees Fahrenheit.