AmazonBasics Lightweight Easy Care Microfiber Bed Sheets
Last updated date: August 13, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Microfiber Bed Sheets and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Microfiber Bed Sheet you should buy.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Lightweight Easy Care Microfiber Bed Sheets placed 5th when we looked at the top 9 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note August 21, 2020:
Checkout The Best Microfiber Bed Sheets for a detailed review of all the top microfiber bed sheets.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
Surprisingly soft for being so budget friendly, this AmazonBasics microfiber sheet set adds a wonderful dose of cozy to any well-made bed. The silky-soft sheet set makes a nice choice for a kid’s bedroom, a college dorm room, or for a first-time apartment. It can even be used as a fresh set for overnight guests or as a handy backup set on laundry day.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Microfiber Bed Sheets
If your bed has scratchy, rough sheets that keep riding up on the mattress, you’re likely going to have an uncomfortable night. That’s why it’s so important to look for bedsheets that are soft, comfortable and breathable. Plus, you want to make sure they fit perfectly on your mattress. Microfiber is a good option for bedsheets because it a strong and durable fabric. It is made from a synthetic polyester material and woven with many small (micro) threads. The material is so smooth that it provides a luxurious sleep. If you sleep warm, microfiber is an excellent choice because it has moisture-wicking properties. This way, you won’t wake up feeling hot and sweaty in the middle of the night.
Unlike silk or organic cotton sheets which can be pricey, microfiber is a comparatively affordable option that won’t cause you to go over budget. The material is lightweight but extremely durable, which is an important quality to have in bedsheets. Because they are washed so often, you don’t want to get something that falls apart after a few rounds in the washing machine. Microfiber sheets are also easy to clean at home, and they also dry quickly. In addition, microfiber sheets do not fade or shrink, even after several washes, so you can be sure they are always going to look great on your bed. Plus, the material is wrinkle-resistant.
Keep in mind that some kinds of microfiber may be prone to pilling. As a result, it’s important to follow the cleaning and maintenance instructions on your sheets to make sure you’re taking good care of them. Many microfiber bedsheets are also stain resistant. However, they may absorb grease, so be careful if you’re having breakfast in bed.
DWYM Fun Fact
When you’re buying cotton sheets, you need to pay attention to the thread count as a measure of quality. With microfiber, however, you have to check the GSM (grams per square meter). The higher this number is, the more durable and strong the bedsheets will be. If the GSM is lower than 90, then the sheets may rip apart after going into the washing machine a few times. They also may not be as soft and silky as bedsheets that have a higher GSM. Keep in mind that the price difference between high-quality microfiber bedsheets and low-quality ones is fairly small, compared to the durability and longevity of the products you receive.
The Microfiber Bed Sheet Buying Guide
- The most important element to consider when you’re buying bedsheets is size. Many microfiber bed sheets are available in twin, double, queen, king and other sizes. In addition, note the pocket depth. This is especially crucial if you have a tall mattress. Deep pockets on the fitted sheets ensure you get full coverage of your mattress without having to wrestle the sheets on. Plus, they won’t slip off easily in the night either.
- Take a look at what’s included in the sheet set. Most sets will come with a fitted sheet, flat sheet and two pillowcases. Some may also include decorative pillowcases.
- When it comes to color and pattern, you have many options in microfiber bedsheets. Plus, they will not fade or lose their color over time, which is a great benefit. Consider whether you want to get sheets to match a particular duvet or blanket, or if you want something neutral that will go with any bed covering. You can also opt for a bold pattern such as trees or grizzly bears, which add a nice woodsy touch to your bedroom.
- Microfiber sheets are notoriously silky smooth. However, some people find that the sheets slip off at night. If that’s the case, opt for brushed microfiber. It’s still soft and silky, but it won’t move around on you while you sleep.
- If you’re a warm sleeper, opt for a breathable microfiber. It will wick away moisture so you won’t feel like you’re sleeping on sweaty sheets, and it will help you feel cool throughout the night.
- To avoid any bacteria buildup, wash your sheets at least once every two weeks. Microfiber sheets are highly durable in the wash, plus they can go in the dryer on the low setting. They can also be air-dried on a clothesline. Be sure to review the cleaning and maintenance instructions of your sheets.