AmazonBasics Advanced Sensor Technology Kitchen Scale
Last updated: January 5, 2022
Our Review Process
Don't Waste Your Money is focused on helping you make the best purchasing decision. Our team of experts spends hundreds of hours analyzing, testing, and researching products so you don't have to. Learn more.
We looked at the top Kitchen Scales and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Kitchen Scale you should buy.
Batteries are included with this stainless steel digital kitchen scale. The unit has a tare button that takes into account the weight of the container, so you can accurately measure your ingredients. Users also have the option of receiving the measurement in grams, ounces or pounds.In our analysis of 148 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics Advanced Sensor Technology Kitchen Scale placed 4th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Stainless steel digital kitchen scale with widescreen LCD screen. Weighs up to 11 pounds (about 5000 grams) of food (minimum of 2 grams). Advanced sensor technology delivers quick, accurate responses. Displays results in ounces, grams, pounds. Tare button subtracts container weight to zero out the scale so you only measure what you want. Measures approximately 8.7×7.1×1.6 inches (LxWxH). BPA-free. Two AAA AmazonBasics batteries included.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Kitchen Scale Rankings
While exercise is an important part of a person’s health journey, keeping track of your food intake is essential. A kitchen scale is the most accurate way to do this.
As you browse available kitchen scale models, look for one that has an LED digital display screen that is easy to read. You also want the unit to be able to convert measurements. The Greater Goods Multifunction Kitchen Food Scale weighs items in grams, ounces, pounds and milliliters. Other models also include a backlight to make the screen readable when the light in the room is dim.
Most of the time, you’re going to place food on your kitchen scale in a bowl or on a plate. The measurement that pops up will include the weight of that bowl or plate. Look for a scale that has a tare button that subtracts the weight of your container.
Kitchen scales can be left on a counter, however, individuals who live in a small space would appreciate alternative storage options. In this case, you’ll want to look for a scale that comes with an attached hook for hanging on a wall or inside a cabinet.
Check for any extra features that may make one kitchen scale stand out above another. You’ll find models with sealed buttons for protection against accidental spills, as well as scales with the option of purchasing a separate dishwasher-safe stainless steel platform cover. There are also models that are available in a wide range of colors, so you can select one that matches your existing kitchen decor. You’ll even come across scales that are small enough to fit in your pocket, which means you’ll be able to take the scale with you when you travel.
- It’s often best to use a small bowl or plate when using a kitchen scale. That way, you don’t obstruct the view of the LCD digital display screen.
- Some models automatically shut off after about two minutes. Keep this in mind if you plan on measuring multiple items, as you may want to work quickly or simply turn the unit back on each time.
- Some kitchen scales are set to weigh in two-gram increments, which means accuracy will be an issue if you’re following a precise recipe.
- Should a spill occur, all you need to do is wipe the kitchen scale down with a damp cloth.
- The price for kitchen scales doesn’t vary too much. The Greater Goods Multifunction Kitchen Food Scale and AmazonBasics LCD Display Digital Kitchen Scale come in around the same price. Other scales are slightly more expensive, due to their size, construction materials and added features.