AmazonBasics High-Back Leather Swivel Executive Desk Chair
Last updated date: September 17, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Executive Desk Chairs and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Executive Desk Chair you should buy.
This executive desk chair puts comfort and support first. It has a padded seat and back, as well as pneumatic seat height adjustment. Move freely with smooth-rolling casters and 360-degree swivel. In our analysis of 10 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics High-Back Leather Swivel Executive Desk Chair placed 2nd when we looked at the top 8 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note September 17, 2020:
Checkout The Best Executive Desk Chair for a detailed review of all the top executive desk chairs.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
From The Manufacturer
Comfortable executive chair upholstered in bonded Brown Leather and Pewter finish frame
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Executive Desk Chairs
When you’re working at a desk all day, your back, neck and shoulders can begin to hurt if you don’t have the correct seating and posture. Not only that, your arms, wrists and hands can also become sore from sitting and working in the same position all day. To counteract the discomfort, it’s important to have the right desk chair.
An executive desk chair is a perfect choice for a workplace office, home office or boardroom. It has a high backrest that offers substantial support for those who work on a computer or need to spend a lot of time on the phone during the day. Executive desk chairs also have reclining systems that enable users to tilt the backrest back to achieve a comfortable position. In addition, executive desk chairs offer a free range of movement as they have swivel bases and casters. That way, you can slide from one side of the desk to the other easily. Plus, they also have wide armrests offering support for your arms, wrists and hands while you type on the keyboard. In addition to the functional aspects of an executive desk chair, they also bring a sense of elegance and style. They are typically covered in luxurious leather or high-end fabric and feature polished metal trim.
Using an ergonomic desk chair helps to keep you more productive at work. Instead of focusing on your aches and pains, you can concentrate on the tasks at hand. In addition, the chair helps you improve your posture while sitting. You can also adjust the height of an executive desk chair so that your legs are positioned at a 90-degree angle, which is important for comfort. You can also reduce health risks with the right chair. Poor posture and an uncomfortable sitting position can lead to poor blood circulation which causes blood clots. Bad chairs can also lead to cellulite as sitting puts extra pressure on your hips and thighs.
DWYM Fun Fact
Keep your executive desk chair looking new, no matter how often you use it. Vacuum your chair using a soft brush attachment on a regular basis. This way, you won’t scratch the leather with the vacuum. If there is any dust on the chair, use a soft, clean cloth to wipe it down. You can also mix liquid soap with water and wipe the surface of the chair with the damp cloth. Depending on the kind of material your chair is upholstered with, you can opt to apply a leather conditioner or leather protector. This will keep the material looking shiny and smooth.
The Executive Desk Chair Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to consider when you’re looking for an executive desk chair is size. The chair should fit properly in the desk space you have, and also be the right size for your body. Most desk chairs are adjustable, so ensure that your legs can be at a 90-degree angle when sitting on the chair. For the most comfort, your thighs should be parallel to the ground.
- Lumbar support is key to ensure you keep good posture throughout the day. Opt for an executive desk chair that is designed to minimize the strain on your spine. Ideally, you should have a small arch in your lower back while you sit.
- If you’re taller than average, look for an executive desk chair that has a deep seat. This way, you can sit with your back up against the backrest. You want to aim to have around two inches between the back of your knees and the edge of the seat.
- Padded armrests offer comfort and support. They also help take the strain off your shoulders and back while you’re sitting in a typing position. Choose adjustable armrests so you can find the right height and position for you.
- When it comes to executive desk chairs, style is just as important as comfort. Consider whether you want a wingback chair for a more formal look. A high-back executive desk chair creates a sense of authority. Most executive chairs are upholstered in luxurious fabric or leather and come in black or shades of brown. Consider what will match with your desk and other office furniture.