AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch
Last updated date: March 12, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Carry On Suitcases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Carry On Suitcase you should buy.
Editor's Note March 30, 2020:
Checkout The Best Carry On Suitcase for a detailed review of all the top carry on suitcases.
In our analysis of 20 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 21-Inch placed 11th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
A great choice for international travel, this AmazonBasics hardside spinner luggage measures 21.6 inches--a size that's accepted as carry-on for most international flights. The luggage also works well for weekend getaways or one- to two-day business trips, offering enough packing space to hold a few changes of clothes, toiletries, and a pair of shoes. The 21.6-inch spinner luggage provides a durable zipper for reliable closure, and its expandable design creates up to 15% more packing space for extra room when you need it (and less when you don't).
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Carry On Suitcases
When you travel, it’s a good idea to have a few things at your disposal. You’ll want comfort items, personal care products and an extra set of clothing. Since it is unlikely that you’ll be able to fit all of these things in your purse, you’ll need to purchase a carry on suitcase.
Ideal carry on luggage has 360-degree spinner wheels, so you don’t have to lift the bag. The wheels make it so that you can push or pull the suitcase in any direction.
A telescoping handle with a comfortable grip is also essential to maneuvering the carry-on. Check for a push-button recessed locking handle system with at least a few height options. You want to be able to adjust the handle to match your height.
Review the carry on suitcase’s construction material. A durable ABS material is a good choice, as its hard shell protects the contents of the bag much better than a soft material. If you do opt for a bag made using a softer material, make sure it is coated to resist water and stains, as the more you travel, the more likely you are to come into contact with rain and mud puddles.
You may also want to opt for a carry on bag that has a few extras, such as a built-in TSA lock or one that comes with a choice of colors and patterns. There are also suitcases with an abundance of interior and exterior pockets and compartments, which will help you stay organized during your trip.
The Carry On Suitcase Buying Guide
- Review the cleaning instructions for the carry on suitcase you purchased before attempting to wash it. Hardshell luggage, for example, can be wiped down with a wet rag. Bags made using a soft material, on the other hand, might have more complex cleaning instructions. Of course, you can use the attachment on your vacuum to clean out the inside of any piece of luggage.
- Check for a satisfaction guarantee or a product warranty that will protect your purchase. Some companies offer smaller 2-year manufacturer warranties, while others limited lifetime coverage.
- There are a few features that affect the price of carry on suitcases. These include size, construction materials and the number of pockets and storage compartments. You’ll find the Rockland Melbourne Spinner Luggage, 20-Inch, the COOLIFE Spinner Carry-On Luggage, 20-Inch and the Travelers Club Chicago Luggage, 20-Inch are all comparable in price, however, the Travelpro Maxlite Softside Suitcase, 21-Inch is much higher. This is because the bag is made of a lightweight material, is bigger in size and has numerous pockets for storing everything from clothing to personal items.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide