AmazonBasics Grid Wire Cube Storage Shelves
Last updated date: August 25, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Cube Storage and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Cube Storage you should buy.
Editor's Note August 25, 2020:
Checkout The Best Cube Storage for a detailed review of all the top cube storage.
Since this cube storage organizer is constructed from a powder-coated steel wire, it gives off an industrial vibe. Each cube is able to hold 10 pounds, while the entire unit has a 60-pound capacity. The best part about this unit is that the 26 plastic corner connectors and 23 grid panels can be arranged in a variety of different ways to suit your specific needs.
In our analysis of 7 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Grid Wire Cube Storage Shelves placed 4th when we looked at the top 6 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Keep items neatly stored and easily accessible with the AmazonBasics Wire Storage Cubes. Ideal for a dorm room, a kid’s play area, an office, or even a kitchen pantry, the set of four storage cubes offers reliable strength and versatility. Each cube measures 14 by 14 by 14 inches (LxWxH)—great for storing linen, clothing, shoes, books, kids’ games and toys, craft supplies, canned goods, or other items. The complete storage set, fully assembled in a tall rectangular configuration, measures approximately 28 by 14 by 42 inches (LxWxH), and it comes in a choice of black or white for easy coordinating with surrounding decor. To clean, simply wipe the wire storage cubes down with a damp cloth as needed. The ruggedly build unit weighs 14.5 pounds, and it can be disassembled for compact storage or easy portability. The set’s modular design allows for multiple stacking options, tall and skinny or wide and low, or an asymmetrical configuration. Even more, the open end of the top row of cubes can face out like a bookshelf or face up like a basket-type container.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Cube Storage
Just about every home across the country has clutter in at least one room. MOEN conducted a study in 2015 that reported the garage as the most cluttered room in a home, with the kitchen and home office tying for second place. Whether you have one problem area in your home or more, you’ll benefit from a set of cube storage organizers.
Determine how many cubes you need. Typically, you’ll find that units come in three, six, nine and 12 cubes; however, you can purchase two or three sets and stack them alongside or on top of each other to maximize your available space.
Choose a construction material next. Keep in mind that models made from manufactured wood or high-quality fabric are sturdy and durable, but they aren’t customizable. Cube storage organizers made from plastic or powder-coated steel wire often come with parts that allow you to configure the unit in a variety of different ways, although they might not last as long as the wood or fabric models. The plastic and wire units allow you to create a vertical unit, horizontal unit or even one shaped like a pyramid.
Consider any extras that the cube storage organizer may have to offer. For example, some units come with matching drawers, while others require you to purchase these separately. There are also organizers that come in a variety of finishes, such as white, dark cherry, espresso, natural gray, chocolate and black.
The Cube Storage Buying Guide
- You may not realize just how versatile cube storage organizers are. In addition to keeping your shoes, collectibles and books nice and neat, they can also be used as bar carts, dollhouses, changing tables, cat towers and nightstands.
- Over time, your cube storage organizer will become dusty. It’s a good idea to vacuum the cubes out once a month to remove any dust or loose dirt. If you notice any spots or stains, simply wet a rag in some warm soapy water and wipe the area down. Wait for it to dry before returning any items to the cube.
- Cube storage organizers come in a wide price range, as the price is based on several factors. These include the construction material, number of cubes and whether the organizer includes matching baskets. You’ll find the AmazonBasics Grid Wire Cube Storage Shelves is the most affordable of the bunch, with the TomCare 12-Cube Square Cube Storage coming in at a more moderate price. Both the ClosetMaid Cubeicals Cuge Storage Organizer and the Neaterize Cube Storage Organizer Unit have high price tags, as they are made using more durable construction materials.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide