AmazonBasics Down Alternative Pillow For Stomach Sleepers, Set Of 9
Last updated date: June 18, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pillows For Stomach Sleepers and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers you should buy.
Update as September 20, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pillow For Stomach Sleepers for a detailed review of all the top pillows for stomach sleepers.
In our analysis of 39 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics Down Alternative Pillow For Stomach Sleepers, Set Of 10 placed 11th when we looked at the top 12 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
King-size bed pillow (2-pack) offers exceptional comfort; more plush than firm, this density is ideal for stomach and back sleepers.
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pillows For Stomach Sleepers
If you’re one of the 16% of people estimated to be stomach sleepers in the U.S., you probably like the position for the cozy feeling it gives you. However, it means you need to take special care to find the right pillow that will support your head and reduce the stress that this sleeping position can put on your back, spine and neck.
When looking for a pillow as a stomach sleeper, consider the level of firmness. When you sleep on your stomach, you’ll usually want a pillow that is thin and not too firm or soft. Aim for a pillow that balances these factors or labels itself directly as a pillow for stomach sleepers. Usually, such pillows won’t look too full and won’t put your head up too high from the rest of your body.
You’ll also want to consider the type of filling you prefer. Known for being fluffy, down pillows can provide good comfort, but allergy sufferers may seek down alternative options instead. Memory foam pillows that conform to your body and have special features like cooling gel can offer great comfort if you tend to get hot or need custom support for a comfortable night’s rest.
Pillows for side sleepers come in sizes ranging from compact pillows for travelers to extra-large king-sized pillows. You’ll want to consider where you plan to use the pillow, how big your bed is and what size pillow you prefer. Travel pillows work well in a plane or car, but standard-sized pillows can fit any bed size fine. You may go for a queen or king pillow if you like having extra space and have a bed big enough to accommodate it.
Don’t forget to consider the pillow’s quality and durability. While you can expect to replace a pillow every so often, you want to choose a brand known for lasting even through multiple washes. You’ll also want to make sure your pillow’s filling won’t just go flat soon after you start using it.
Since you’ll want to keep your pillow in good condition, check the cleaning options the manufacturer has mentioned. Some pillows for stomach sleepers can go straight into your washer and dryer for your convenience. However, memory foam pillows require special care and handwashing.
The Pillow For Stomach Sleepers Buying Guide
- Make it a habit to fluff your pillow every day. This will help redistribute and expand the filling so you can sleep more comfortably and not get stuck on a flat pillow.
- When sleeping on your stomach on any pillow, take some steps to do so without having an uncomfortable neck and back. It can help to support your pelvis and spine with an additional pillow under you. When you wake up in the morning, give your body a nice stretching after sleeping on your stomach.
- To get rid of the gunk that pillows collect over time, try to wash your pillow thoroughly at least every six months and wash your pillowcase every week or so. Check your pillow’s tag to find out if it’s safe for the washer and dryer. Otherwise, you can hand wash it and let it air dry. Note that some brands may require dry cleaning or only allow spot cleaning.
- If you’re someone who likes to sleep with a lot of pillows, take care as a stomach sleeper. The more pillows you have, the more stress this can put on your body since your head will be higher than the rest of you. If possible, stick with one good pillow that isn’t too thick.
- Your stomach sleeper pillow will break down over time eventually and no longer support you comfortably. So, you may find it helpful to replace your pillow every 18 months or so. This will vary by brand as some premium pillows can last several years with proper care.
- If you feel stumped dealing with pillow sizes, use your bed size as a guide. So, if you have a twin or full bed, get a standard-sized pillow. Those with queen or king beds can get the accompanying pillow size.
- Stomach sleepers who tend to get hot should seek pillows that feature a cotton cover since this tends to offer better breathability. You can also seek out a brand that includes cooling gel or special moisture-wicking fabric.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Kick-Start Every Morning With Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide