AmazonBasics Down Alternative Pillow, 2-Pack
Last updated date: February 25, 2021
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pillows and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pillow you should buy.
Editor's Note February 25, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pillow for a detailed review of all the top pillows.
These pillows are plush and soft, making them ideal for stomach and back sleepers. They are made from microfiber and have a down alternative filling. The piping along the edge of the pillow adds a neat touch.
In our analysis, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Down Alternative Pillow, 2-Pack placed 7th when we looked at the top 11 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
Microfiber. Imported. Standard-size bed pillow (2-pack) offers exceptional comfort and support; more plush than firm, this density is ideal for stomach and back sleepers. Down alternative fill for a plush feel; ideal for allergy sufferers. 100% microfiber shell provides a smooth finish and superior softness. Piping along the edge creates a neatly tailored appearance. Comes in a vacuum-sealed pack--allow 24 hours to decompress. Measures 20 by 26 inches; backed by an AmazonBasics limited one-year warranty.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pillows
When it comes to choosing the right pillow to help you have a restful night’s sleep, it’s a good idea to begin by figuring out what your needs are. There are many different types of pillows available, so knowing more about how you sleep will help determine the right kind of pillow for you.
Start by considering which position you sleep in most often: on your back, on your side or on your stomach. This will affect the kind of head and neck support you will require. If you’re a back sleeper, then you’ll need something that is flat and firm, as compared to side sleepers who can use a more fluffy pillow. Stomach sleepers should go with a thin pillow so that their spine and neck are in a neutral angle.
Be sure to consider the type of mattress you have as well, as this will affect the comfort level of the pillow you need. For example, if you have a firm mattress, you may enjoy a soft and fluffy pillow. If your mattress does not offer a lot of support and enables you to sink into it, then a thin pillow might be the best option for you.
The Pillow Buying Guide
- One of the most important elements to consider when buying a new pillow is the materials it is made from. This is especially critical if you suffer from allergies to materials like latex and buckwheat, both common pillow fillings. After all, you don’t want to end up sneezing and coughing all night as a result of your pillow. Down is another pillow filling people think about with allergens, but a lot of modern down is processed to remove allergens.
- Memory foam is another popular kind of pillow. Instead of having a filling inside, it’s made from one solid piece of polyurethane. These pillows are ideal if you like something that is more firm than fluffy. Memory foam conforms to your head shape and offers a lot of support.
- Be sure to check the maintenance and care instructions for you pillow. Many filled pillows can be cleaned in the washing machine on the cold setting, but memory foam pillows cannot. Some pillows can also go in the tumble dryer on a low setting. If you have allergies, be sure to wash your pillows on a regular basis to get rid of dust mites and other allergens.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide