AmazonBasics Cotton Washcloths Towels, 24 Pack
Last updated date: February 7, 2020
Why Trust The DWYM Score?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand score. Learn more.
We looked at the top Wash Cloths and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Wash Cloth you should buy.
The AmazonBasics Cotton Washcloths Towels, 24 Pack are soft to the touch and actually get fluffier with each wash. They feature reinforced edges, so you don't have to worry about the washcloths unraveling. You can also use them for everything from washing your face to cleaning out the sink. In our analysis of 50 expert reviews, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics Cotton Washcloths Towels, 24 Pack placed 1st when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
Editor's Note February 7, 2020:
Checkout The Best Washcloth for a detailed review of all the top wash cloths.
Expert Summarized Score
User Summarized Score
Our Favorite Video Reviews
What experts liked
What experts didn't like
From The Manufacturer
AmazonBasics Cotton WashclothsAmazonBasics cotton washcloths offer the perfect combination of softness and strength - ideal for anything from gentle face cleansing to general house cleaning. You can divide the pack up, placing some in the bathroom linen closet, some in the nursery, and some in the kitchen drawer or under the sink, plus a couple in your gym bag.The washcloths measure 12x12 inches each and make a useful addition to any home or office. An Amazon Brand.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Wash Cloths
Washcloths are extremely versatile and can be used for everything from washing your face to cleaning a kitchen counter. You can easily toss a washcloth in your gym or golf bag to wipe away sweat or clean the handle of your favorite club. If you’re in need of a new set of washcloths, here are a few things you’ll want to look for while shopping around.
Examine the material used to make up the washcloth. The most common materials used include traditional cotton and Egyptian cotton. Egyptian cotton washcloths, such as the WhiteClassic Luxury Washcloths for Bathroom, 12 Pack, tend to be more expensive, but extremely durable. They also give you that spa-like feel.
Review the product label to ensure that the washcloths are chemical-free, like the AmazonBasics Cotton Washcloths Towels, 24 Pack. This is especially important if anyone in your house has sensitive skin that is irritated by chemicals and synthetic materials.
Look for reinforced edges so you don’t have to worry about the washcloths falling apart after only a few uses. The Utopia Towels Cotton White Washcloths, 24 Pack, for example, comes with a double stitched hemmed finishing.
Check the softness of the washcloth. You want a set that is not only comfortable up against your skin, but one that also gets softer and fluffier with each wash.
Stick with washcloth sets that are super-absorbent, yet quick to dry. This reduces the chances of mildew and bacteria having enough time to grow on your wet cloth.
Finally, consider buying a large pack, like the Zeppoli Wash Cloth Kitchen Towels, 24 Pack. A big pack allows you to go longer in between having to do the laundry. You don’t have to stick with plain white either, as many of the manufacturers also sell washcloths in a variety of colors, such as blue, green, gray and black.
DWYM Fun Fact
A great number of washcloths are made from cotton, which is a material that dates back to at least 450 BC. Here are a few facts that may surprise you about this soft fabric:
Cotton isn’t actually white until humans strip it of its natural protective oils and waxes and put it through a purification process. Chlorine was the original chemical used to do this, but since it causes problems in people with sensitive skin, a chlorine-free purification process is now used.
China, India and the United States are the largest producers of cotton, with American harvesting approximately 18 million bales of cotton each year. The dollar bill in the U.S. is actually 75% cotton.
Every part of the cotton plant has a use, from the seed to the stalk. It was Eli Whitney who invented the cotton gin during the Industrial Revolution.
The Wash Cloth Buying Guide
- Check for a satisfaction or money-back guarantee. If a product is misrepresented, you want a way to mitigate your losses.
- Always read the product label for cleaning instructions. Some washcloths require tumbling on low heat only, while others are sensitive to bleach and ironing.
- If your washcloth becomes stiff, try soaking it for half an hour in a gallon of water that has 1 cup of vinegar mixed into it. If that doesn’t work, run the washcloth through the washer again, but add a powdered fabric softener this time.
- Save washcloths to be used as rags for cleaning.
- Washcloths can also be used in a variety of craft projects. Consider using them to make an organizing pouch, a snowman, a baby bib, a bunny, a flower or even a pretend lollipop. If the wash loth is decorative, you can use it to wrap a small present.
- If you don’t have a drawer to store your washcloths, consider using an organizing bin or a napkin holder. Another option is to install a small shelving unit on your bathroom wall.
- When comparing washcloth prices, you’ll want to divide the number of washcloths in the set by the total price to get a price per washcloth. Then you’ll want to take into consideration the type of material used to construct the cloths. For example, even though the WhiteClassic Luxury Washcloths for Bathroom, 12 Pack contains half the number of wash cloths found in the AmazonBasics Cotton Washcloths Towels, 24 Pack, Utopia Towels Cotton White Washcloths, 24 Pack and the Zeppoli Wash Cloth Kitchen Towels, 24 Pack, it commands a higher price because it is made out of Egyptian cotton.