AmazonBasics 400 Thread Count Cotton Pillow Cases, 2-Pack
Last updated date: October 2, 2020
Why Trust DWYM?
DWYM is your trusted product review source. Along with our in-house experts, our team analyzes thousands of product reviews from the most trusted websites. We then create one easy-to-understand review. Learn more.
We looked at the top Pillow Cases and dug through the reviews from some of the most popular review sites. Through this analysis, we've determined the best Pillow Case you should buy.
Editor's Note April 7, 2021:
Checkout The Best Pillow Cases for a detailed review of all the top pillow cases.
In our analysis, the AmazonBasics AmazonBasics 400 Thread Count Cotton Pillow Cases, 2-Pack placed 10th when we looked at the top 10 products in the category. For the full ranking, see below.
From The Manufacturer
100% Cotton. Imported. Set of 2 standard-size pillowcases; matches the AmazonBasics 400 Thread Count Sheet Set. Made of 100% cotton; expertly woven to produce a lustrous sateen finish. Wrinkle-resistant fabric provides a consistently luxurious look; White color. Easy to care for: machine wash, no bleach, tumble dry low; imported; measures 20 by 30 inches each. Made in OEKO-TEX Standard 100 factory, an independent certification system that ensures textiles meet high safety and environmental standards.
Overall Product Rankings
An Overview On Pillow Cases
Do you need a pillow protector or a pillowcase? Pillow protectors do exactly what they sound like: They’re used to guard pillows from stains, liquids, bed bugs, dust mites and other allergens. They can be decorative, used to protect pillows during storage or used under pillowcases. Most of the time, they have zippered closures.
Pillowcases are slept on, and they are usually part of a sheet set. That said, they can also be purchased separately. They are made in a variety of thread counts, for which higher numbers are associated with better quality (to a point — you can expect a thicker weave the higher the number is, though many numbers around 400 are still very good quality). You can find them made out of 100% cotton, percale, mercerized cotton and blends that include bamboo and polyester.
Some pillowcases have added touches like piping, which can make them a nice addition to the aesthetics of your bedroom. Bedroom pillowcases generally come in three sizes: standard, which is 20 by 30 inches; queen, which is 20 by 36 inches; and king, which is 20 by 44 inches.
The Pillow Case Buying Guide
- Pillow protectors can help your pillows last longer and make them feel softer. They are also good to bring when you travel, since they provide an extra barrier between you and the pillow, which could be dirty.
- 100% cotton pillowcases shrink more than blended ones.
- A higher percentage of polyester in a fabric usually indicates longer durability. Of course, proper care will prolong the life of most fabrics, as well.
- High thread counts do not always equal high quality. Read the product reviews of any pillowcase you are considering to see what other consumers have to say about the products you are interested in.
Checkout Our Other Buying Guides
- The Robotic Vacuum Guide
- The Cordless Vacuums Guide
- The Electric Pressure Washer Guide
- The Gas Pressure Washer Guide
- The Air Mattress Guide
- The Pressure Washer Guide
- The Drone Guide
- The Electric Razor Guide
- The Convertible Car Seat Guide
- The Dyson Vacuum Guide
- The Infant Car Seat Guide
- The Dry Dog Food Guide
- The Carpet Cleaners Guide
- The Coffee Maker Guide
- The Air Fryer Guide